Author Thread: Deal Breakers
Admin

Deal Breakers
Posted : 4 Aug, 2009 03:52 PM

Ok, we all have deal breakers. Let's get past the obvious ones. What are some of your shallow deal breakers?

Is it height?

Weight?

Freckles?

Health?

Income?

Job/career goals?

Would a past that you confidently your date had legitimately repented of be on the list?

(PS I'll make a second post to respond to my question.)

View Profile
History
Deal Breakers
Posted : 4 Aug, 2009 03:59 PM

Weight is a big deal breaker (hope you like puns). I work hard not to gain weight.

In the a less standard category, another big deal breaker has been the motivation of the women I meet. There are many girls in the Seattle area who expect to be career nannies until whisked away by a rich, romantic man who'll insist that she stay at home and supervise the cooks and cleaners in his home. It drives me nuts how many girls like this you can find in the popular churches in Seattle.

View Profile
History
Deal Breakers
Posted : 4 Aug, 2009 08:14 PM

I'll give you two of my instant deal breakers, whether it is on this website or in first meeting someone. I wouldn't know if you would consider them shallow though. The first thing I'll look for on this site, instantly, I mean everytime I view a profile before I even look at the pictures is to see if she smokes. If she does, I'm looking somewhere else. Not looking through the profile, the pictures or anything. Secondly if they past that test, I'm looking at if they drink or not, if they do I'm moving on again. There is no reason for me to even waste my time. For one, I've taken and studied enough chemistry to know the hazardous carcinogenic coupounds that you expose your body to when smoking. Our body is a temple of god, and we don't want to destroy god's temple with garbadge. It is a gift, and it is not to be abused. Secondly, my family has a history of lung cancer caused by smoking as several of my uncles have passed away because of it. So, I don't want anything in my life that will shorten it. As for drinking, my other grandfather was put is his grave because of his lack of control of alchohol. Not to mention my cousin and 2 of his friends were killed in a car accident under the influence of alcohol where they were all decapitated and had closed casket funerals. I have neither the tolerance or the patience to deal with someone who allows themselves to consume alcohol no matter how minute are large the amount is. For me, it just shows lack of self control and discipline. Not once have I seen anything, anything at all turn out good or fine with the consumption of that substance. And I stand my ground on that issue. Those are my deal breakers, and I have very good reasons for them. I'll stand by them until the day I die.

View Profile
History
Deal Breakers
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 02:59 PM

Superficial tendencies and immaturity

holmeschick

View Profile
History
Deal Breakers
Posted : 18 Aug, 2009 09:44 PM

Dealbreakers for me are smokers and divorce. The divorce thing may seem shallow, but I guess to me, it would feel like I was second choice. That's just me. Oh, another "shallow" thing...tatoos. I can't explain it, but they are a total turn-off for me.

Michael916

View Profile
History
Deal Breakers
Posted : 22 Aug, 2009 10:45 PM

Yep, Thats pretty shallow... Some of us second choicers got divorced against our will and tattoos, well they call it body ART for a reason. Its like stained glass in a church! For me any way its a pictoral history of where i have been and there is no reason to be ashamed of that. Just my two cents.

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Deal Breakers
Posted : 3 Sep, 2009 11:16 AM

Some of my dealbreakers are quite shallow, yet they are important for me.

For me, divorce is an obvious dealbreaker (no offense), so I'll move on.

One is weight. I'm not exactly skinny myself, but if someone is really overweight (truly obese), I'm just not attracted to him enough to even get to know the person inside. I realize that's probably a flaw on my part, but that's the way I feel.

Another is smoking. I've seen my grandfather have serious health problems due to 50+years of smoking, and I don't want that for me, my husband, or my family.

Drinking is another one. It might be a little negotiable, but probably not. He would have to give it up if he wanted me!

A big dealbreaker would be if someone breaks my trust in even "small" things or is not dependable.

Some other really, really insignificant things are sports and video games. While I would be glad for him to enjoy those things, I want a litte attention too!

A big one (and in response to an earlier post) would be a man who expects me to work all day while he does nothing. Unless he is already rich, I expect him to support the family. I'll contribute with a full-time job until the kids arrive, but then I want to work from home.

One that might seem really picky is a lack of intelligence. I don't mean that he needs to have as many college degrees as I have...that's education, and that's not important. What I mean is that we need to be on the same intelligence level so that we can communicate with each other clearly.

Sorry about writing an "epistle" (as a friend of mine would say), but I've given the topic a lot of thought and prayer. I know many of you won't agree with me, and I'd like your comments and opinions as well!

View Profile
History
Deal Breakers
Posted : 31 Mar, 2010 06:56 PM

The biggest deal breaker for me and it happens all the time is when.....(drum roll please)....I'm asked how much money I make. I stop talking right away. Does it really matter, I'm not asking for money.