Author Thread: Thoughts about dating/marrying a person of another culture/country
donpjt

View Profile
History
Thoughts about dating/marrying a person of another culture/country
Posted : 4 Aug, 2009 09:21 PM

Hey,

I was just wondering what girls and ladies actually thought of dating a person who is of a different country and culture. Well, I'm from India, but I'm here in the US, but I hardly get any replies from the people whom I message. So I wonder if its that people are not really interested in people of another ethnicity or is it that people have a wrong impression about people of other countries (in my case, India) or that people are not open to it or what else... At least interacting with some people around me I feel that people at least have a very wrong impression of people from India :P.. I would like to hear some thoughts on this if anyone is willing to open up. Well, now if you wonder why I would consider dating a foreign person. As far as my beliefs are concerned, especially me being of the reformed faith and very passionate about it, I would prefer to date/marry someone with similar faith. Most people around here are and so I'm interested. And its not just about dating/ marrying, I would love to know people as friends too. I guess maybe people might think that I'm not serious but intentions are different.. Whatever I would be glad what you think on people here who are from a different country.. Considering that you might like everything else would it make a difference that the person is from a different country??

View Profile
History
Thoughts about dating/marrying a person of another culture/country
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 04:40 PM

Just to give my 2 cents. I would have no problem dating a guy from a totally different country/culture. I love other cultures and learning about them. Just as long as he is a Christian. That is the main thing I look at. I would imagine that he being a Christian he is going to treat a woman right and not disrespect her in any way.

Page : 1 2