Author Thread: Faith-based movies
godlymom2

View Profile
History
Faith-based movies
Posted : 8 Aug, 2009 07:56 AM

I'm always looking for good faith-based movies that I can watch with my child (age 14). I've seen several; own a few.

What are some of the good faith-based movies you all have seen?

View Profile
History
Faith-based movies
Posted : 23 Oct, 2009 07:59 AM

My local christian book store has many such movies.

Christie is one.

Many others.

Even stories like Esther -movie

I own Jeremiah- about the prophet- Ok

Dennis

View Profile
History
Faith-based movies
Posted : 31 Oct, 2009 05:41 PM

My absolute fav movie is "Amazing Grace". It's the true story about William Wilberforce who was a member of parliament who fought to get the slave trade abolished. You can pick it up at Walmart for only $5 now. John Newton (?) who wrote the song Amazing Grace was a friend of Wilberforce. It has a refined cinematography, beautiful music score, excellent acting but the end isn't exactly the way history tells the story. Wilberforce actually fought this fight for 20 yrs, was sick and heard from his bed that he won and died only 3 days later. It can spark you and child to look him up online. Also, the extras on the DVD are awesome!

jadenlai

View Profile
History
Faith-based movies
Posted : 6 Nov, 2009 08:29 PM

i love "Facing the Giants"

View Profile
History
Faith-based movies
Posted : 7 Nov, 2009 11:48 PM

I have three suggestions:

-Faith Like Potatoes

-Though None Go With Me

-Leap of Faith

eric198375

View Profile
History
Faith-based movies
Posted : 9 Dec, 2009 12:53 AM

Oh Swingblade. I did enjoy that movie but I would not show it to children. It does ask some interesting questions but...

I'm not extremely selective about what I watch but when recommending films on a site like this I try to be sensitive. The only thing I would be concerned about (other than the language in the movie) is that the murdering of an unarmed man solves the crisis. The thing that people can chew on is the self-sacrifice of Thornton's character.

Possibly the best "faith-based" movie from Hollywood is the Apostle. There is a little bit of language but E.F.'s relationship with God is what I envisioned of King David from the Old Testament. For that alone I think it is worth watching.

View Profile
History
Faith-based movies
Posted : 21 Feb, 2010 02:48 PM

I think the one I viewed recently was called "Facing Giants", and had a real good Christian message.

If you have not viewed it yet, I recommend you check it out if you get the chance

bobby_a

View Profile
History
Faith-based movies
Posted : 18 Mar, 2010 09:03 PM

those movies are goog ive only seen 2 of them but cought from the first 1

View Profile
History
Faith-based movies
Posted : 22 Mar, 2010 06:44 AM

The Wager, Saving God, and The Genious club are some really good ones.

Page : 1 2