Author Thread: Faith-based movies
godlymom2

View Profile
History
Faith-based movies
Posted : 8 Aug, 2009 07:56 AM

I'm always looking for good faith-based movies that I can watch with my child (age 14). I've seen several; own a few.

What are some of the good faith-based movies you all have seen?

View Profile
History
Faith-based movies
Posted : 9 Aug, 2009 11:28 AM

I know I recently got done watching the Love Comes Softly series. There's several movies in that series and all are really good, if you haven't seen them yet.

godlymom2

View Profile
History
Faith-based movies
Posted : 9 Aug, 2009 11:52 AM

Thanks MissChristy! I remember seeing Love's Abiding Joy once. It was really good. I had forgotten that I'd heard it was part of a series. We'll have to check the others out.

~~KT

View Profile
History
Faith-based movies
Posted : 9 Aug, 2009 08:27 PM

yeah, your welcome and hopefully you will enjoy them if you end up watching them! :)

PRECIOUSONE1961

View Profile
History
Faith-based movies
Posted : 16 Aug, 2009 07:25 PM

there is a new movie comming out in the theature we had the opportunity to see it at our church its going to be called lost but found, it is a pretty good movie and the message in it is just awesome . sorry not sure when they are going to release it they didnt say

godlymom2

View Profile
History
Faith-based movies
Posted : 21 Aug, 2009 07:19 PM

Thanks PreciousOne. I'll keep an eye out for it.

tristan07

View Profile
History
Faith-based movies
Posted : 26 Aug, 2009 09:58 AM

beats me, i preffer movies about vampires....

Merilee

View Profile
History
Faith-based movies
Posted : 26 Aug, 2009 11:40 PM

Swing Blade with Billy Bob Thornton. Now, it isn't Hallelujah (sp?) etc by any means, its a thinker. The story is about a mentally challenged fellow who kills his mother and another person when he was about 8 yrs old. He ends up in an institution. The story takes shape when he is released into the community without resources after 20 yrs and is befriended by a little boy whose about 8 yrs old. they become real close friends as does he with the boys mother.

In the story it walks through his faith journey, reading the bible over those 20 yrs and interpretting as best he can from what he reads. Is it gruesome in parts? yes, and bang on honest with emotion. His mother and father had him living in the shed out back of their house as a youngster and sleeping in a hole in the ground, it will absolutely make ya think about many issues .. it's also funny in parts. I wondered at the end just how challenged he was or his family created him to be.

I saw it twice in a row getting more out of it the second time.

If you want to see a fantastic movie with heart, intricate relationships and a river baptism, this is it. But.. yes it is graphic in parts.

Meri

View Profile
History
Faith-based movies
Posted : 22 Sep, 2009 10:04 PM

Ostrov (The Island)

View Profile
History
Faith-based movies
Posted : 8 Oct, 2009 03:24 PM

I like Saving Sarah Cain. To me, the girl who portrays the oldest Amish child steals the show with her raw emotions. It's a sweet movie with a great message.

Another good one is The Other Side of Heaven. It's about a missionary who goes to Tonga.

Have fun!

Andrea

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Faith-based movies
Posted : 10 Oct, 2009 08:54 PM

I think at 14, your child is old enough to see and understand "Fireproof". I know at 14 kids are older today than when we were growing up, and I remember at 14 starting to have those feelings of growing up and finding that one true love. I think it gives us so much to think about when we look at the world and we look at our faith, and how important it is to share that faith within our family.

Tarasye

Page : 1 2