Author Thread: Ok last time then ill go away
thatmetalguy20

View Profile
History
Ok last time then ill go away
Posted : 8 Aug, 2009 11:16 AM

Ok well things didnt exactly work out with the last girl i got shot down but the Lord closes a door and opens a window there is this new girl at church she moved here like a month or two ago and i was shocked when she approched me first when i first met her she kind of gravitated around me so i think i might have the possibility of somthing there but there is a problem i am kind of nervous cuse if i ask her out and a whole thing starts what if somthing happens and she wont want to even be my friend anymore i just need to know what do do before i even try to ask her out HELP PLEASE! lol

godlymom2

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Aug, 2009 11:42 AM

One of the best foundations (next to like precious faith) for a relationship is friendship. You said you were concerned about her not wanting to be your friend anymore if something happens to the relationship. Well, I say to look for opportunities to spend more time with her and build a stronger friendship first, then see what happens. Get to know her more and give her time to get to know you. Take your time. No rush.

Keep God first and seek His guidance in your friendship and later relationship if it happens, and you'll be okay.

~~KT

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Aug, 2009 12:16 PM

I agree with Godlymom, you don't just have to ask her right away. If things are going to happen, they will come kind of naturally. You two would need to learn about each other and see if you even click. Take it easy and see how things go - work on a friendship first.

God bless.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Aug, 2009 01:24 PM

dear metal man, you are exactly right.. another window opens.. but ill tell ya a lil secret that window dont stay open forever.. thats whats know as a window of opportunity..

as it gets cold and is shut.. if you sit back too long, someone else will make that move first and you may be left out.. my question to you do you want just a friend or do you want a mate? ifn ya want a mate you gotta get past that nervousness and make your move.. if you just want a friend then keep it status quo.. sounds like to me yawl are already clickin and she kind of likes ya some..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Aug, 2009 01:31 PM

Ole you are one wise man I a gree with you

GBU

thatmetalguy20

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Aug, 2009 01:52 PM

Well Ole i think you maybe right i hvent really taken many chances in my life so i might just go for it after a little prayer of course all this advice is great im going to use it to my full advantige i thank you guys so much God Bless you all.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Aug, 2009 02:00 PM

dear metal, cool metal man.. remember if ya fall off the horse just cowboy up and get right back on again..

i know youre nervous but hey everybody is a little nervous..

just do your best and be your best. thats all anyone should ever ask of anyone..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Aug, 2009 03:43 PM

Are you still alive after the last "shoot down"?

The fact that you found another girl sooooo soon after the last shoot down just means you probably have many more opportunities available to you. Just ask!! You didn't die from the last turn down, you won't die from this one. I promise!

So what if the door closes, if you hang around long enough it will open again. Or... you could always knock. Climbing through windows is kinda desperate.. that is only for if your breaking in or lost your key... :laugh: Since you had no key to begin with I will assume you are breaking in. :boxing:

Wait to be invited or go knock on that door!

~Lisa

Shunammite

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Aug, 2009 02:53 PM

ole cattle, you are turly very wise!

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 09:00 AM

Hey there. We have a '6 month rule' in our church that our youth leadership set. It's not really a rule, more a guideline or principle. We stick to it, and tell the kids about it. Basically, if someone new comes along in your life that you're interested in, give it 6 months for the friendship to develop before you start dating. And if you are in a relationship and it breaks off, give yourself 6 months to get over it, deal with any issues and be ready to move on. It might sound strict or harsh but heaps of our youth have found it a great guideline, and of course I wouldn't promote it if i couldn't live it myself!

It allows a solid friendship foundation to be built, stops 'rebounds', means that new people to our church won't be 'stalked', and has been surprisingly effective at protecting the hearts of some of our kids!

Just my 2 cents worth!

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Aug, 2009 09:42 PM

dear ute, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle