Author Thread: The "Gap" theory
Admin

The "Gap" theory
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 08:59 PM

My question is for either, but I mostly want to know what the ladies are thinking when it comes to distance. We all want the "girl/guy NEXT DOOR" so-to-speak, but how realistic is that? Do we have to be local in our search, much less quest--or can we close the gap? I keep thinking "local", but it is just as unrealistic it seems. Maybe it won't matter, but it sure seems to for the ladies.

DAVE

View Profile
History
The "Gap" theory
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 04:52 AM

In my past I have been the one to move, it was just 1 state less than 100 miles, but I sold my house, quit my job etc to be closer to his work and daughter. That turned out to be a mistake. So... YES I have apprehensions about long distance relationship that will ultimately have me move to be closer. Not to say I won't do it, just it might take me longer to get there in a relationship to beable to do that. I won't rule out the idea, so yes, it is realistic.

Matter of fact... if I can't find someone in my area I wouldn't mind finding someone in the SD (Rapid City) or FL (Tampa Bay) area's. Only reason why I point those out is because it is a lot easier moving to places you already have family in, a safety net so to speak.

It would be harder for me to move someplace across the states where I know no one else, even for love. If I make boundries I give God little room to work... so I also have to remember that. I also have to remember to have Faith in God that it will work. Honestly it is harder than it sounds...lol but if I want I have to make a way.

After re-reading that, I have to say.. the man who gets me will have to have A LOT of patience. :peace:

View Profile
History
The "Gap" theory
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 08:30 AM

MochaDave, I always like your posts, you ask about interesting things like height and age differences and now physical distances, questions many of us think about

With that being said, distance is not an issue for me. I am trusting God and He knows exactly the kind of spouse I need and if he is across the country or in another one then so be it.

This is another area where I had to set my preferences aside. I don't want to miss the best God has for me because it might be uncomfortable for me to make some changes.

Relationships are a lot of work and long distances ones take a lot more effort on the part of both parties. I'm willing to do the work if he is to see where God leads.

I should also note that if I guy writes me or emails me and he lives across the country I take that as an indicator that he doesn't have a problem with relocating either.

God's best to you,

Jodie

tristan07

View Profile
History
The "Gap" theory
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 02:05 PM

I won't EVER do the long distance thing again, brother. no way.

View Profile
History
The "Gap" theory
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 04:29 PM

dear folks, i dont see distance as an obstacle.. i wont tie GODS hands on helpin me find the woman for me..i just pray to find her no matter where she may be..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
The "Gap" theory
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 05:04 PM

Well, I can say there was a point where I would say that long-distance relationships couldn't work after I had been in one and it failed, although that was before I know about Christ. Since then, I have been trying and being somewhat successful in giving that part to God. So, I believe that if it's God's will a long-distance relationship could totally work.

Cristy

View Profile
History
The "Gap" theory
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 06:16 PM

Distance can be over come if they poeple want to..

GBU

Bethany

View Profile
History
The "Gap" theory
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 12:37 AM

I love these replies...I may learn something yet!!!! Thank you Jodie for the encouragement---because I have a lot of questions for you girls. I'm glad all answers are not exactly the same, as I appreciate the perspective. This past couple years has been so dramatic and traumatic that I need it. Bless you all!

DAVE (the Mocha-holic)

chozen2b

View Profile
History
The "Gap" theory
Posted : 13 Aug, 2009 09:25 PM

Dave, I think you pose an excellent question-one that I myself have been pondering. Prior to joining such site, my search was very narrow in scope. However, through my experience, I�ve began to question if that is in fact limiting God. The whole earth is the Lord and who is to say that the perfect one exists within my own little part of the world. But I think long distance relationships have a unique set of challenges that I�m not really sure I have the fortitude to handle.