Author Thread: army guys
Admin

army guys
Posted : 18 Aug, 2009 04:32 PM

so yeah, i don't mean to make this about me, hopefully there are others out there wondering the same thing who would find you're responses to this helpful too:

my experience on here so far has been pretty dull. i basically do all the intuitive stuff like login, find girls i'm interested in, send them a quick 'hey how's it going?' and hear nothing back. sometimes they'll look at my profile, but it's just once and that's it. i'm fairly sure there's nothing on there that would scare anyone away. so i was just wondering if it's me they're not interested in, or if seeing military listed on there is like a red flag or what.

just wondering what ya'll think about military guys in general.

Shunammite

View Profile
History
army guys
Posted : 18 Aug, 2009 07:01 PM

Remp, perhaps they are taking your word for it?:

"I'm fat. Just a big fat fatty, just move along. Nothing to see here... "

Just a thot!

View Profile
History
army guys
Posted : 18 Aug, 2009 07:06 PM

I really don't know what to tell you about that, especially as far as attitudes towards men in the military. I don't think it would make much of a difference, except that maybe the girls who look you up are hoping for somebody who is more "freed up"; the military can be a daunting commitment. Other than that, I don't think it has anything to do with your military ties.

View Profile
History
army guys
Posted : 18 Aug, 2009 07:39 PM

i'm not tryin to bash anyone out there; i'm just explaining my honest opinion. anyway, i think that most women are afraid to date an army man for tw reasons:

1. they're afriad that they will never see him again and don't want to take that risk.

2. they just don't want to waste time with someone that will barely be at home.

i've been studying psycholoy, and these two reasons are the most popular. why? i don't know. to me, that is if i wasn't already taken, it wouldn't matter. and it doesn't matter to God. so, don't fret over it. there's the right girl out there for you; God will introduce her to you on his time.

View Profile
History
army guys
Posted : 18 Aug, 2009 09:08 PM

remp's response to shaunamite's post:

upon this sudden realization he tilts his head, looks up at nothing in particular and says really slow "oh yeeeeeaaaaah... duh." and laughs hysterically. :bow:

View Profile
History
army guys
Posted : 18 Aug, 2009 10:26 PM

for some women, uniforms and the mission it represents is very attractive. Case in point, if you hold true your motto to your personal life (integrity, honor, respect, loyal, etc.) you are a great catch. It's a good time to review yourself and consider what would make you attractive and work on those aspects... job, education, etc. There are some who would greatly disagree and hold to the view that God is going to lead your special someone to you. However, on the other side of the coin, we should be challenged with becoming the best we can be.

If you view my profile, you will see i have a military daughter, however, you don't see the second one who earned the scholarship through the Army to pay for her medical school training. She, like you, wonder about her prospects of a husband once she is licensed and working for the Army for her 6-year commitment.

Thank you for your service!!Amen.

Shunammite

View Profile
History
army guys
Posted : 19 Aug, 2009 04:46 AM

Remp, LOL. I am sure you mean it as a joke but some women may take it literally! Good luc k in your search.

...and hey, THANKS FOR SERVING OUR COUNTRY!:bow:

tristan07

View Profile
History
army guys
Posted : 19 Aug, 2009 08:18 AM

Dude, I'm having like, the opposite problem, I'm not in the service and I CANNOT get military women to date me! lol, j/k :yay:

View Profile
History
army guys
Posted : 20 Aug, 2009 04:29 PM

no your being in the military is not a red flag at least not for me. Thank you for your service to this country and any women would be lucky to have a man like you

View Profile
History
army guys
Posted : 26 Aug, 2009 07:11 AM

Hey there. Obviously the US arny would be different to the Aussie army in terms of commitment, length of service etc, so maybe that could be an issue...but I'm friends with a few army guys & their wives, and from what I've seen, there are some people (girls) where the distance and lack of permenance is a big issue, and others who don't mind a bit. I guess it comes down to the individual and what they can handle. When you do end up in a relationship/marriage, just remember to communicate what's going on in your army world if that's what she wants. Obviously she can never experience what you go thru in training or combat, but you can play a big part in helping her understand how valuable the support she gives from home is. (speaking from what I've seen my friends marriages go thru!)

View Profile
History
army guys
Posted : 8 Nov, 2009 11:47 PM

all honesty..what i look for first when i look at a page is--

where they are at with their relationship with God.

i was raised with the value of a relationship built on God's cornerstone. and, if it doesn't look like the guy has worked on his relationship with the Lord and learned to lean on God and God only, and leave all of his worries and problems in the hands of God--then he isn't very far in his walk with God.

and, believe me, I am far from perfect. I am not saying that. But, yes, women like to know they'll be taken care of, in that sense.

what i look at secondly is what they have done with their time.. job, work, achievements, etc.

And, to see that a man would even be willing to devote his life to his country, shows a lot of character. and, personally, is very attractive. and, yes, some women do not want to devote themselves to a relationship that could possibly end badly (ex: distance, risk of their husband dying, time away, etc)..but, if God is leading you towards a man who is in the military and put your trust in God that this is the man for you and you love him--all of the things that were holding you back suddenly don't matter. and, truly, if those things are holding a woman back--you need to run from her. because she isn't very far in her walk with God to where she gives all of her worries & concerns to God. and, is at peace with His Will.

just a personal opinion on that. :)