Author Thread: Is it worth trying to date long distance
irish247

View Profile
History
Is it worth trying to date long distance
Posted : 22 Aug, 2009 10:35 PM

I am really not sure about all of this so far but perhaps others have gone through it already. I have found several women on here very interesting and have wanted to meet and go on a date. Unfortunately we are from different states and it is cost prohibitive and rather tough to just fly halfway across the USA and bale on my kids, single dad, to do such. So I chat, email, talk on the phone and never really get to meet. I lose interest, or she odes, or life throws you a curve ball, and while you are spittin teeth for some reason contact stops.

So far my worst experience has been caring to deeply for the girl I am chatting too. Sometimes a person gives you a deep feeling of connection, like this is the person I am on here to find. Then life attacks them, or lets say the devil attacks them, using ex spouses or sickness or one of many little imps masquerading as someone of something in this life that is familiar. Life litterally collapsed for this dear sweet girl that I would love to get serious about. I would love to help her, to get to know her, to even hear from her again would be nice.

I guess when things just stop then it basically means its over. I still pray for her and her family all the time, pray for Gods guidance and for us to be put together by the Lord. It is a bit presumptuous of any of us on here to think someone will drop there life and move to be with us in our lives. So with that said, is it truely worth being on here if you cant find a girl that lives a few town away, where you can actually meet rather than meeting a great girl online but never really getting to meet them. If conversation stops then does that mean its over? If so did I just get broken up with a picture, or a faximille of a person, and if so, was the profile even real, was the picture true, should I just hang up the old spurs and give up going out for the sake of the ride.

I still pray every day for those that I have written to, you at least get a small window into someone elses life, there desires, dreams, troubles and such. Are we just lonely people looking for someone, online late on Friday or Saturday night, when most people are out living, on dates, having fun or there own horror story or whatever.

irish247

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Aug, 2009 10:05 AM

Hey all, I have found that when I start to have feelings for someone I am writing to, they lose interest right at that moment. I am guessing that this could be the way the Lord is working things out for us to not be together. The really weird part is that the women just stop opening my mail. I am guessing that is a huge blow off of some sort, the odd part is that all of these women on there profiles claim to not be into games, so would this behavior be part of some mean spirited game. I guess I am losing heart for the search. I am still in prayer about it all, and have been alone for years and am fine with all of that, if its the Lords will.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Aug, 2009 10:47 AM

Naw, brother, do NOT take it all too personal. The online scene is way more fickle than 5th grade "she likes you" scenarios because there so many variables that come into play (distance, beliefs, devotion, children, unresolved issues, other attentions that arise).

There could be 100 reasons why someone stops communicating... and usually it is too personal for them to tell you or they DO NOT WANT TO HURT YOUR FEELINGS. And would you really want any unconstructive criticism that you cannot do anything about, like they just noticed you are too tall or have children? Personally, I would rather hear nothing and shrug it off than receive negativities.

Romance is like fishing. You play to make a catch of each fish. And many, many get away. But who quits fishing just because one fish wasn't landed.

Christians have limited choices to seek a mate. Church, bible studies, and here. Which gets you the greatest exposure? Here !

You keep doing your part: prayer and seeking. And let your Abba Father be sovereign. You really have no other choice as a healthy Christian.

If you had the call to Singleness, we would not be even having this discussion as you'd never be here.

God will bless your honest effort, and faith in Him.

waynotsure

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Sep, 2009 10:04 PM

I agree that life without risk is not worth living. All we can hope for is to find someone honest that we can be completely honest with............and without the completely part, i am usually headed for trouble.

I feel extemely blessed in my life, even as a single person. I have been fortunate enough to find someone on this site that I have really been able to make a connection with. Is it real...........well it was real today, and thats all that counts. She lives several states away and we have not met yet, but I am very optimistic because I have been completely honest with this person about my life and feelings............the good and the bad. If things dont work out, they dont work out..........even if I am very disappointed.

I dont do this dating site thing except for here and have always been a little skeptical. But the reality of it is, there are good people on this site. If nothing else, good friends.

Dont give up hope, God has a plan for everyone. Sometimes that the plan we want.........we just have to hand it all over to Him, thank Him and appreciate the good things that he does give us. I have found that the more I look for the good things, the more I find.

Internet dating may not be for everyone, but I think that it may be possible to find someone compatible. Hopefully, no one gets hurt in the process.........there are scammers out there.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Sep, 2009 03:31 PM

The key is to let God be the source of our happiness, not another person. Of course we are to love others and be hopeful to find the one He has for us but we have to be complete in God first. This was very hard for me to understand. So much of the times we put all our hopes and dreams in other things besides God and we get let down. In our relationships, jobs, children, family. While all these things are good, they all can be taken away from us. God is the only thing that is promised will never leave us nor forsake us. Depend solely on Him and He will provide all things. We have to yield to God's will for our life not try to bend God to fit our idea of perfection. God has all power to open doors where there was no way. Trust in Him to guide your path, He will make a way if ti is His will, I believe this. Focus on him and not your situation, for He has the power to changed your whole life in one day.

Hebrews 11:1-3

1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.2 This is what the ancients were commended for.3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

Rosemarie00

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Oct, 2009 08:54 PM

This is what I believe God shows you sooner than later if a person is the right one or not.

If you know that God is saying no, it is good to put a stop to the connection soon.

I think the right thing to do is to let the other person know that you believe that you and the other person is not the one, so as to add closer.

I think it is not very nice for someone to just stop talking to you and leave you wondering.

Who knows if nothing else you can become good friends and pray for each other to find the one God has for you.

God bless Rose

Rosemarie00

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Oct, 2009 01:03 PM

It worked for my daughter who is married to a wonderful man from New York state, they now live in Montana.

My sister also married an Amercian and lives in Oregon. Lol. Also my niece lives in Kansas, married also to an Amercian

Sometimes we have step out of our comfort zone and take a step of faith, just maybe I mean just maybe.

You can also meet someone face to face and it still turns out to be the wrong person. And you can know very little about someone you meet online, also the same when you meet someone face to face.

I am reading a book about mail order brides back in the pioneers days. When you think about it online dating is not that much different.

God Bless you and keep you

Jesus loves you all and has good plans for us all.

Rose

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2009 03:25 PM

I think It would be worth a shot, granted both people have the means to do It and are willing to to a chance, because It Is a big risk to take. I dont think that the decision on whether or not to try to pursue a long distance relalationship should be tooken lightly though. If one doesnt feel they are capable of doin so then by all means do whats In your heart to do. On the other handle though, I think that If It's God's will for you to be with somebody who lives a few hours away then he will make a way, and If not then...I like what you said, " then you at least get a small window into someone elses life, there desires, dreams, troubles and such." :glow:

A quote I came across that I liked, "Take a chance, because you never know how perfect somethin could turn out to be."

Page : 1 2