Author Thread: Is it worth trying to date long distance
irish247

View Profile
History
Is it worth trying to date long distance
Posted : 22 Aug, 2009 10:35 PM

I am really not sure about all of this so far but perhaps others have gone through it already. I have found several women on here very interesting and have wanted to meet and go on a date. Unfortunately we are from different states and it is cost prohibitive and rather tough to just fly halfway across the USA and bale on my kids, single dad, to do such. So I chat, email, talk on the phone and never really get to meet. I lose interest, or she odes, or life throws you a curve ball, and while you are spittin teeth for some reason contact stops.

So far my worst experience has been caring to deeply for the girl I am chatting too. Sometimes a person gives you a deep feeling of connection, like this is the person I am on here to find. Then life attacks them, or lets say the devil attacks them, using ex spouses or sickness or one of many little imps masquerading as someone of something in this life that is familiar. Life litterally collapsed for this dear sweet girl that I would love to get serious about. I would love to help her, to get to know her, to even hear from her again would be nice.

I guess when things just stop then it basically means its over. I still pray for her and her family all the time, pray for Gods guidance and for us to be put together by the Lord. It is a bit presumptuous of any of us on here to think someone will drop there life and move to be with us in our lives. So with that said, is it truely worth being on here if you cant find a girl that lives a few town away, where you can actually meet rather than meeting a great girl online but never really getting to meet them. If conversation stops then does that mean its over? If so did I just get broken up with a picture, or a faximille of a person, and if so, was the profile even real, was the picture true, should I just hang up the old spurs and give up going out for the sake of the ride.

I still pray every day for those that I have written to, you at least get a small window into someone elses life, there desires, dreams, troubles and such. Are we just lonely people looking for someone, online late on Friday or Saturday night, when most people are out living, on dates, having fun or there own horror story or whatever.

Merilee

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2009 11:10 PM

Hi Irish;

I appreciated your post here and also enjoyed reading your profile. You sound like a sincere kind fellow. don't loose heart.

Long distance relationships for sure have their own challenges, one being never really knowing what's going on for the other person at the end of that email or telephone. It poses a risk and a kind of sweet mysterious wonder.. the question does end up being, when there's pauses in contact.. is it over or, on hold?? Super tough to take when those feelings come about. I suppose, and only from my personal experience, that true connections do happen eh and like other relationships communication and familiarity happens over time. Keep contacting the girl you referred to on and off, see if she replies. Don't loose heart unless much time has passed but even then keep an open mind. There's soo many unknowns, maybe her connection got lost And her phone was disconnected, could happen.. maybe she's away, family emergency .. again anything's possible. Don't close doors but do pray about it, ask the Lord to close any doors he doesn't want opened.

I wrote a fellow i'm friends with for a yr or so, we have spoken often on the phone. He came up here for a few days and it was lovely to finally meet in person. We're good friends and i'll go meet his family at easter time. I have many friends online, they are a huge blessing. What i've learned is to be careful who gets my heart and always watch how someone communicates. Be straight about motivations and stick to my guns. A friend means a friend.

The gal you spoke of? it sounds like ya care for her deeply. Keep praying for signs of how to proceed.

Good Luck to you brother

Meri

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Aug, 2009 06:00 AM

dear merilee and irish, welcome to the forums.

ole cattle

tristan07

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Aug, 2009 02:43 AM

no. it's not

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Aug, 2009 06:33 AM

i hope it is. i believe with faith we can.

God bless,

Zoe :angel:

irish247

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Aug, 2009 08:37 PM

Not incredibly helpful, but thanks, and probably good advise

irish247

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Aug, 2009 08:38 PM

thanks zoe

irish247

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Aug, 2009 08:39 PM

thansk merrilee and ole cattle

irish247

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Aug, 2009 10:23 PM

The Lord just opened some doors and closed some others for me, and completely stripped me bare and changed me. All I can say is keep your faith, miracles do happen, and heap all your troubles on the Lord, He merrily takes on our burdens with a joyful spirit. Do not give up hoping, dream impossible dreams, the Lord always has a way and will guide us each just where He wants us. Praise Him.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 09:56 PM

I agree that it is not worth it.Who are we kidding anyways?

I will say that I have had two guys fly to see me but with both there were hidden bombs I uncovered.It hurt alot and I wont do it ever again!! If its long distance,its VIRTUAL!! Get it? lol

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Aug, 2009 06:44 AM

sweet your words: I agree that it is not worth it.Who are we kidding anyways? I will say that I have had two guys fly to see me but with both there were hidden bombs I uncovered.

my words: sorry you had bad experiences, but you didn't uncovered anything. the Lord revealed/uncovered it to you. He's always watching and protecting his sheep.

your words: It hurt alot and I wont do it ever again!! If its long distance,its VIRTUAL!! Get it? lol

my words: you have no idea who the Lord has for you or where he comes from. he may be within average distance or not. do not allow previous bad experiences hinder your faith---that's what :devil: wants you to believe. you just keep your faith on Jesus, because our God is an awesome God who makes the impossible possible. miracles happen everyday, every second. just open your eyes (really open your spiritual eyes) and look around you. you should be able to see 'some' of God's miracles. so sweet, keep your faith strong--->on Jesus all the way, at all times, and watch HIM move!!!

God Bless,

Zoe :angel:

Page : 1 2