Author Thread: Not so comfortable....
Admin

Not so comfortable....
Posted : 27 Aug, 2009 05:04 PM

I met this fella online not from this site, but another, anyway, he claims to be a Christian and has shown no signs of anything other then a good person, BUT....I think I upset him because he wanted to fly here and meet me after only a day of talking to me, I told him I wasnt ready qute yet for

that step being we just met, and now he is kinda giving me the cold shoulder, wont answer my emails, wont

respond to me in ANY way...what do you all think? *sighs* he seemed like a very nice fella, but to avoid me or ignore me because I want to know him just a bit better confuses me, any advice?

Heart_of_an_:angel:

View Profile
History
Not so comfortable....
Posted : 27 Aug, 2009 05:31 PM

Greetings Heart of an Angel!... Always remember my dear sister n' christ, "you can't miss nothing that you never had". What God has for you, "is yours and no one elses"... That particular gentleman, wasn't the one God has for you (and it's best to find out in the beginning, rather than way down the road)... You've made yourself available and easy to find, wait on the Lord to do the rest (for He that findeth a wife, findeth a good thing... If that gentleman couldn't see that good thing in you, "he wasn't the one for you any way")... God has a way of moving our stumbling blocks, stand still and let God have His way!... Take it as if God "moved a mountain"....:glow: Be blessed!

Sincerely, AnotherChance2*

spri1458

View Profile
History
Not so comfortable....
Posted : 27 Aug, 2009 05:44 PM

I've had several experiences with scammers, and he definitely sounds like one. They often like to rush things and will drop communication in a heartbeat if it looks like they aren't getting what they want. Even if he isn't a scammer, his behavior his still worrisome. I would stay away.

View Profile
History
Not so comfortable....
Posted : 27 Aug, 2009 10:39 PM

Thank you both so much for your opinions and advice, perhaps me being on my own for so long has made me a bit hmm shall I say needy to have a mate, but your right, God WILL find the right one for me, in that I have confidence.

I'm just a bit afraid that I am perhaps overly cautious and may push him away when he does arrive, I hope that doesn't happen, I hope that whoever he is, he will understand my need to get to know him, my need to build trust within our relationship, we'll see

Thank you again & God Bless

Heart_of_an_:angel:

View Profile
History
Not so comfortable....
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 12:26 PM

Smile, you are so right to feel these mixed emotions when waiting on your soul mate Heart of an Angel... That's why God give you senses to see, feel, touch and know when something doesn't feel right (which is the feeling of "discernment")... Dicernment is what you felt when as you quoted;

"I'm just a bit afraid that I am perhaps overly cautious and may push him away when he does arrive".

However trust me, "you won't turn him away"... Because you'll know when it's him (you won't be wondering)...:yay: "Good things come to those whom wait on the Lord" (and with Him, "You will recieve confirmation")...

Sincerely, AnotherChance2*

tristan07

View Profile
History
Not so comfortable....
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 01:09 PM

hmm.. Like a month after my wife left me, a year ago, I met a gal on myspace, and we hit it off instantly, as freinds. my wife had basically kidnapped the kids and ran off to ohio and I was all alone, so i said, hey what are ya doing tonight, and we met up and had dinner and we had a great freindship from that time on. We still talk, shes engaged now and I am happy for her, but she only lived like... 20 minutes away?

As far as some dude wanting to fly to meet you, well there's alot of legistics, where would he stay, and it's kind of imposing because he comes all this way and... what are his expectations, nah... I wouldn't do that.

Just play it safe, you have too much to loose by rushing into things and little, if anything, to gain.

Ignore him, move on, call it good and find the *correct* person for you.

- alex

View Profile
History
Not so comfortable....
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 03:39 PM

I too met a a guy off of myspace..not the last one I was talking about In my forum post..lol..this one came before him! Anyway, I mett him at a horrible time In his life. His middle school sweetheart had left him (keep in mind they are in there thirtys now and they were never married) Anyway, He was so open about all the hurt he was feeling inside In all of his blogs and I guess it just really moved me. We became friends and we hung out practicly every weekend. At one point we tried to have a "relationship" but we discovered that we were waaay to much alike and just bored eachother! lol but all in all I would like to think that I helped him through his devastation and that he helped me along the way also with a few issues I was having in my life at that time.

He just got married In August to a wonderful women and I actually attended there wedding! lol sounds kinda weird considering we were kinda involved but she didnt have a problem with it and he really wanted me there. Of course we dont talk much now (it wouldnt be right) but every once In awhile he will call me and let me know how things are going between them.

tristan07

View Profile
History
Not so comfortable....
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 11:08 PM

that's my girl 8)

View Profile
History
Not so comfortable....
Posted : 30 Aug, 2009 07:43 PM

I've been on other websites where I thought I made a connection with a couple guys but they dropped off. It happens. Perhaps it wasn't anything you said. Maybe he got sidetracked. So, don't feel bad because it is a normal occurance on these sites.

Good luck in your search of the right guy. You seem very nice and I know that there is a man out there for you!