Author Thread: Has God ever spoke to you through a dream?
KenJ1

View Profile
History
Has God ever spoke to you through a dream?
Posted : 30 Aug, 2009 03:04 AM

There are references in the Bible that tell of people who have seen the future while in sleep. That God had revealed events that would happen before hand through their dreams.

I have dreamt dreams that are very detailed and often parabolic or metaphoric in nature. It takes much effort in praying and searching the scriptures for the interpretation of such dreams, while other dreams may be very direct and thus require only understanding on our part.

Have you seen parts of your future through God's eyes? Have you seen events that you might wanna share? Are you struggling with finding the interpretation of the dream?

Lets help each other to search and seek the message that God has hidden within.

God bless you. Ken.:glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Aug, 2009 07:59 PM

Yes he has Ken. When I was nine and my childhood best friend was 10 she became ill with Leukemia. The night she died, I dreamed that the Lord came to me. He took my hand and led me to a desert place. He didn't say anything and neither did I. I just followed him. After walking for a while, he stopped and pointed ahead of me. I saw my friend in her hospital bed dying. The next thing I saw was her funeral and a vision of me sitting in the back of our church next to my dad crying. The next thing I knew I heard the phone ring. It was her uncle calling to let us know she passed away. I woke up and I knew what the call was about. My mother didn't even have to say the words.

I think there are times that God speaks to us in dreams to prepare us for difficult times. I know if it hadn't been for God's son coming to me through that dream I might not have dealt with it so easily.

KenJ1

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Aug, 2009 01:21 AM

Thanks 4 sharing that Kentuckybelle2009. You are so blessed! I've never dreamt about Jesus.

I too believe that God prepares us for the future through prophetic dreams and visions.

Since my conversion in 2003, I have been receiving dreams on a regular basis. Some of them were warnings, some were foreknowledge, but most dreams i receive reveal what God will do in the earth. These dreams have not come to pass yet but I have faith that they will...

God bless you KentuckyBelle2009!

Ken.

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Aug, 2009 02:09 AM

in a way i feel like a spoiled brat because for having them.

the first time i was really young and i dreamed i saw this map of oregon (were we lived at the time) and this white light went from were we lived all the way across state and settled to where we eventrually moved a year or two later. the light was so bright when it settled i couldn't see the name of the city, but i saw the names of two other cities that were close by and there was a feeling and images of difficulty and sadness. it was so different and vivid from other nothing dreams i'd had that i pretty much concluded 'this is going to happen.' and it did.

2) fast forward to another place we lived, i dreamed i had woken up and walked over to the front door. even though it was closed i could see this incredibly bright white light shining through. and it was like it was more than i feeling i had, i knew that was God or Jesus on the other side. i opened it, and he came in and walked over to this island counter top we had in the kitchen. i was on the other end of it. and the whole time i was amazed and couldn't have been more unsure of what to say or do. the light was still incredibly bright, but i could make out that it was the embodyment of something that had a human form and could recognize, not a face, but still recognize the expression the face had, which was a huge humorous, amused, glad smile. so we're standing there and he says: 'how've you been?' when he said it, it was like every single different way of asking it was said at the same time simultaneously. i was just too blown away i couldn't think of anything to say, cuz i was still trying to wrap my mind around Jesus standing in my kitchen asking me how i'm doing. i ended up just looking down saying something like 'i don't know'

3) the last one wasn't really a dream so much as it was him talking to me and really impressing this on my heart. i was sitting on a bus in korea like i had 200 times before when all of the sudden it was like i felt like somebody had taken something away from me. like just this incredible overwhelming feeling of loss. later that day i learned my grandmother had passed away at that time. i knew she hadn't been doing so well prior to that day, but she'd pulled through things like that before, but this time it was like i knew she didn't make it and that it had happened.

i feel so grateful right now. somewhat knowing the care that God has for us. i can't wait to experience it 24/7, even though heaven doesn't have time you know what i mean.

Phoebe2

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Aug, 2009 05:39 AM

Shalom to all,

Dear Ken, thank u for this post. It just came on time.

My dreams are usaully symbolic, although, I'm a person who doesn't dream very often, recently I had two dreams, saw people I never met in real life. I ended up drawing a guy didn't speak to in my dream.

The other dream, that I need an interpretation to understand, I hope any of the folks here could assist me. I had this dream in seconds of sleep as I was reading, what I saw was a woman standing in my room, she was showing me her large stomach because of a tumor, and then she took my hand placed it on her tumor, so when I touched it I started to pray loudly, and I saw my tears are coming down while praying for this woman. I heard myself calling her name. I'm praying for my dream, to understand if there is a message from God in it. I have never had that before.

I know in some dreams God speaks to us, but also some could be from the evil.

guys, I'd appreciate any thoughts

Stay blessed,

Phoebe:glow:

KenJ1

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Sep, 2009 07:34 AM

Wow!!! Jesus asked you "How've you been?" That is awesome remp25! I wish I could dream about Jesus...I envy you bro...in a good way, hahaha:laugh:

Thanks for sharing that bro, I was'nt sure I could get much response on this topic. But it looks like our God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, still speaks to His people through dreams and visions in the 21st century! :yay:

To God be the glory!:applause:

Your bro in Christ, Ken.

KenJ1

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Sep, 2009 08:06 AM

God is good to you Phoebe. Thanks for sharing that with us! I will do my best to contribute to helping you find an interpretation. When God gives you the dream, He will also give you the interpretaion of it.:peace:

One thing I have learned recently from a Christian author on dreams and visions is that the interpretation of symbolisms differ from one person to another. For example, if God wanted to reveal what His love is like toward me, He would use someone who is close to me like my mum or dad or brother or sister and so on. He would not be able to get the message of His love for me across, if He used your mum or dad etc. cause they are complete strangers to me! Simple huh?:dunce:

Another thing that will help in interpretation is your knowledge of the symbolisms used in the Bible. God will also use sybols directly from His word, so a sound understanding of the parables in the Bible will help a lot.

I will seek God and ask for His guidance regarding the meaning of your dream but ultimately you will have to put all the right pieces of the puzzle together.

You are blessed in Jesus!:glow:

Your bro in Christ, Ken.

BluEyedBumbleBee

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Sep, 2009 01:54 AM

Something to remember always is that God is the same yesterday today and forever! He told us this in the bible. So if he gave dreams and understanding in the days of the bible then he will certainly continue to do so now.

Ever since I was a little girl I have had these sorts of dreams. Sometimes they are small things like a morning conversation while making pancakes (that then happens the next morning). Almost always those are followed up with some bigger message. It is kinda like God telling me to pay attention a little closer cause he is about to tell me something important. Other times simply when I look at someone God reveals certain things to me, people cheating, women being pregnant, death, a direction to avoid tragedy, things that I have no logical reason for knowing yet I know beyond a doubt... Or else hearing a dream and upon hearing it knowing the meaning behind it, if there is one.

Thing is, especially with the times and these kinds of spiritual gifts it is extremely easy for the enemy to weedle in and do his worst on us. I certainly fell into his trap. Thankfully God pulled me through and out. Now I know that the most important thing to do is even with the gifts that God has bestowed upon us, always always ALWAYS seek him out through prayer. He will answer you. Also go to a spiritual leader you know you can trust like your pastor or small group leader. His word is another good source, I know it can be hard at times to find specific scripture based on what you are asking God which is why I find reference guides to be so helpful.

KenJ1

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Sep, 2009 04:54 AM

This is an interesting scripture from Job 33:13~18 and it reads:

'Why do you contend with Him? For He does not give an accounting of any of His words. For God may speak in one way, or in another, yet man does not perceive it. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls upon men, while slumbering on their beds, then He opens the ears of men, and seals their instruction. In order to turn man from his deed, and conceal pride from man, He keeps back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.'

This is from Jeremiah 17:9,

'The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?'

This is a prayer from David in Psalm 139:23,24,

'Search me, O God, and know my heart;

Try me, and know my anxieties;

And see if there is any wicked way in me,

And lead me in the way everlasting.'

Dreams come from our subconscious minds and they normally bypass our various self-defense mechanisms and preconceived notions about our strengths and weaknesses and go right to the truth of the matter. Other than prophetic messages, God also shows the conditions of our hearts; our real motives and intentions through dreams so that we can become more holy like He is by repenting of our short comings and surrender our all to Jesus Christ.

God bless you all.

Ken:waving:

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Oct, 2009 11:15 PM

It say's in scripture that your young men will see visions and your old men will dream dreams...

I think.... this is just my opinion, God probably shows people dreams because that's the one and sure time that they are quiet enough to hear from God. You see because your spirit is still awake, while your body sleeps. I know that may sound crazy but God's spirit does not rest. Man also has a spirit, made in the likeness of God, thus many attributes of our spirit would naturally be similar. Similar.... ok I'm not trying to go for blasphemy, that's just what it says...

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Oct, 2009 11:52 PM

I am so excited that dreams was even put up as a subject. I didn't think of it.

I do know that dreams that have color are typically from the Lord.

Don't know if you would believe me, but I have had visions before too. It would be good to write these things down because like kenj1 said he does give the interpretation, and some times it might take a while. Then later you could read it and it would bless you.

I'v never seen Jesus shining in a dream :applause::glow: that must have been awsome!!! I have seen him bright and shiny in a vision but not in a dream.... I'm jelous... lol :yay: You see in the visions I had I couldn't really see him because it was so shiny. Lord the father was there and Jesus to His right. But their faces were glowing so bright that I could only see their waist down.

And no.... I never took any recreational drugs in my life. lol

Page : 1 2