Author Thread: Sex before marriage
Admin

Sex before marriage
Posted : 31 Aug, 2009 07:52 PM

This may have been brought up in this forum several times but I couldnt find it.

What do you think? We're all christians here, right? What is your opinion on sex before marriage? why cant I find someone who feels the same way I do about waiting? The men I am physically attracted to are usually the ones who dont want to wait, funny how that works. I know what the consequences are to rushing into the physical relationship, I've done it in the past.It's not worth it. I would just like others thoughts on the subject. I've dated 3 times in 5 years, when the men find out that nookie is not on the menu, they back away. It real important to take your time most of all, seek the Lord before you let someone into your life in ANY way.

What do you think?

View Profile
History
Sex before marriage
Posted : 29 Sep, 2009 12:17 AM

God demands purity.

God provides all you need to be pure.

God will chastice you if you fail to be pure.

Take a big hint: stay pure.

Sex before marriage is impure. And the Holy Spirit lets that clearly be known through your conscience, if you haven't scarred it too much by going against it too often or have the habit of ignoring it completely.

If you want to ruin God's blessing of a loving potential spouse, just have premarital sex. It degrades it every time! Go ahead, be dishonored. And then see how long it takes for God to bring another loving person your way!

View Profile
History
Sex before marriage
Posted : 29 Sep, 2009 12:02 PM

And why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free :buddies:

riveroflife

If i understand correctly what you are saying, sex before marriage is a good thing?

No, what I am saying is that sex is a good thing.

Unless it falls into one of those forbidden forms the bible calls fornication.

I'm not a woman, But if a man wants sex before deciding to get married I would say no. That would be like wanting to try on a pair of shoes before buying them. And who wants shoes everyone else has tried on?

Cinderella3653

View Profile
History
Sex before marriage
Posted : 1 Oct, 2009 08:05 AM

There should be an agreed upon definitiion of SEX between you and whomever you might be blessed to date.

Sex is not just the big IT. It is many things that happen before the IT every becomes an issue.

Christians today must be very carefull in how much fooling around they do before marriage.

The definitiion of interco. Is any part that is PRIVATE coming in contact with another person. And it doesn thave to be one part on one person and another part on the other person. It has to do with any private part. ANY.

So alot of things that fall into the fooling around catigory.. are considered Fornication by GOD. and by the general definitions of the words.

Anyway.. Wehave to vbe very carefull what actions and attitudes we allow outselves to participate in. Our future spouse deserves the best and purest from us. as Does GOD.

cinderella

View Profile
History
Sex before marriage
Posted : 12 Oct, 2009 05:56 PM

amen

View Profile
History
Sex before marriage
Posted : 14 Oct, 2009 03:27 PM

:prayingm:

Sex in marriage is covered with a blessing (Hebrews 13:4 Genesis 1:22).

Therefore if someone wants to try it out first it would likely backfire :yay:

Because they would get a false reading on the sexual compatibility.

In addition marriage should not be reduced to being just a legal way to have sex. There is much more to it than that.

strawberry33

View Profile
History
Sex before marriage
Posted : 17 Oct, 2009 09:25 AM

very awesome answer, i fnd that today men and women both who claim to be christian have lost focus on what it means, we are to serve and obey God and our bodies belong to him and sex before marriage is useing that temple for our own pleasure and not doing what God wants, if you wait, your not focused on sex and can get t know each other and fall in love not fall into lust, its hard to see the difference between the two when sex is in the picture

View Profile
History
Sex before marriage
Posted : 17 Oct, 2009 10:45 AM

Hello brothers and sisters,

I am not really sure what the debate is here. It sounds to me like a very typical modern 'christian' mitigation session.

Sex before marriage is very simply an act of hostility on your partner. It requiring them to pay for your weakness. And drawing them into sin under whatever guise will get the job done. Some say, "we all know the scriptures, BUT.." christians that can say that phrase probably have a rough road ahead.

This is just but a very small selection as there are literally thousands of examples of the cost of this sin. The OT is filled with the compromising, the set up, the act-normally brief, the cover-up, and the cost-normally anything but brief.

1 Corinthians 6:17-19 (King James Version)

17But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

18Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

--if it is a sin against our own bodies how much more the other person? Yikes!! Run!!

1 Corinthians 7:2 (King James Version)

2Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

--"own" denotes possession not layaway, shopping, and especially charity (if you loved me). You can think I am square, but that is kinda wicked for lack of a modern word.

Revelation 2:14 (King James Version)

14But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

--"the doctrine of Balaam" to teach others to harm the elect. Next sin? Sacrifice and fornication.

BUT in all this scriptural party pooping there is a silver lining. It is an opportunity for both partners to develop character, and thats cool. And to grow where they are planted and get to know each other as non sexual beings, thats nice too. But mostly to protect and look out for the purity and holiness of the person you say you love, THAT is AWESOME!!

..but it can be hard.

Best to keep your tongues out of each others mouths.

Tony

View Profile
History
Sex before marriage
Posted : 25 Oct, 2009 07:44 PM

Thank you so much for bringing this up. I love the Lord with all my heart and I also find men who do not want to wait or do not have self control/discipline. I also am weak in this, so I keep my distance from men and is the very reason I keep my weight on...less attention than I would have otherwise. I truly want someone to love me as I am, as Jesus does. I do see the times I made the mistake of having premarital sex, it totally sabatoged it. I was so convicted by the Holy Spirit and ended it before it began. I am abstinent over a year now and pray for strength.

yangyang

View Profile
History
Sex before marriage
Posted : 3 Nov, 2009 04:59 AM

I love the topic, for me well..yes, it is needed more important to wait..specially in that thing, sex before marriage is not good and most specially not holy one. As what it is being said, to be one in GOD is holy and important and that doing sex after marriage is also much more important and to be blessed in the life being married couple sex is the most important one. If opposite sex love each other, then they must wait till they are blessed or received the blessing from GOD in having get married in church. I know this is impossible in some people specially those who are in a liberated places, but what is important is the person who believe this, must be respected. It is hard to find men nowadays who are also in the same belief that I have about sex but am still hoping and pray that GOD will send those person like me who wants a holistic marriage in GOD's TIME.

View Profile
History
Sex before marriage
Posted : 8 Nov, 2009 03:24 PM

All you have to do is read what Solomen's wife had to say. She told the women of Israel that they have to be virgins.That is acceptable to God. We humans try and do everything opposite of Gods word and we wonder why we have so many divorces. I have to admit I my self have violated Gods law. My marriage lasted 21 years and if I am blessed by God with another partner it will be done his way. I am hoping to reconcile my marriage. I believe it is always God's will for a couple to forgive and live by his marriage laws and of course his statutes, and commandments. The problem with that is as someone mentioned when married you become one and if the other person isn't living for God then you only have a half doing it correctly. I don't believe God wants to accept 1/2 in anything we do. God be with you all and I hope he blesses you all with joy and happiness as you search for your mate.

Be alert to give service. What counts a

great deal in life is what we do for others.

-Anonymous :peace:

Page : 1 2 3 4