Author Thread: Sex before marriage
Admin

Sex before marriage
Posted : 31 Aug, 2009 07:52 PM

This may have been brought up in this forum several times but I couldnt find it.

What do you think? We're all christians here, right? What is your opinion on sex before marriage? why cant I find someone who feels the same way I do about waiting? The men I am physically attracted to are usually the ones who dont want to wait, funny how that works. I know what the consequences are to rushing into the physical relationship, I've done it in the past.It's not worth it. I would just like others thoughts on the subject. I've dated 3 times in 5 years, when the men find out that nookie is not on the menu, they back away. It real important to take your time most of all, seek the Lord before you let someone into your life in ANY way.

What do you think?

View Profile
History
Sex before marriage
Posted : 1 Sep, 2009 12:19 AM

It is the quickest way to lose God's blessings and ruin the relationship...

If God brings someone special into your life... Hands off!!!

(the best advice you'll ever hear, so do it)

KidzWorker

View Profile
History
Sex before marriage
Posted : 1 Sep, 2009 03:35 AM

first things first - if you have had sex before marriage, don't feel condemned, or that you have blown your chances with God.

To answer this question you need to look at what sex was designed to be before sin came into the world and mucked things up.

Sex is a practical illustration of what our relationship with God should be. Intimate, loving, pleasurable. Male and female as a picture of God and mankind. And originally between 1 man and 1 woman in a convernant relationship (marriage)

So we move to today. God still wants sex to mean the same. He hasnt changed his mind. But the sinful world has forgotten what sex was designed to be, and so use it wrongly.

God would want us to use what he designed the way he designed it.

Story example - a deaf boy creates his own sign language to communicate with the world. he makes a sign with his hands to show "love". the people the boy knows also start using that hand sign to say "love'. But then others see the sign, and dont know what it means.

so they start using it for anything they want. Soon the hand sign is a rude sign and used instead of swearing.

The boy is heartbroken, his sign of love now broken. So the boy's friends agree to only use the sign again to mean "love", and they tell anyone who asks what the true meaning of the sign is.

Does that help?

View Profile
History
Sex before marriage
Posted : 1 Sep, 2009 06:48 AM

i actually wanted to see how men feel about it because i dont run into many who believe the same way.

okay put it this way, we ALL know what the word of God says about it, BUT are we practicing it? We should live differently than the rest of the world, above reproach, right?

consimation takes place after the vows and commitment of marriage, then two become one.

donpjt

View Profile
History
Sex before marriage
Posted : 1 Sep, 2009 09:33 PM

yes, I agree that sex before marriage is wrong. It is the same sin as fornication in the Bible. Well, if a man says that he wants to try it out before marriage and thinks its not wrong, and calls himself a christian, you have to very much doubt his faith, I don't think that would be the right person to marry. It is different if someone falls into a sin Vs Personally wanting and encouraging other people to sin.

trubeliever70

View Profile
History
Sex before marriage
Posted : 5 Sep, 2009 04:21 PM

I know u said u wanted to hear from men but i will answer, no most are not living it. I did for a long time then i met someone who was suposed to be a christian and convinced me ( yes that was very very stupid) that because we loved eachother it was ok. and for a little while i thought he was right then Jesus showed me where my heart was and that i was far far from Him. I got my life right and now when i meet someone that is one of the 1st things i tell them that if thats what they are wanting they really should just move on. I want someone to encourage me and who i can encourage to do whats right. blessings

View Profile
History
Sex before marriage
Posted : 5 Sep, 2009 08:27 PM

What does the bible say? It is not the unforgivable sin. But why not have the best?

And by sex before marriage, you really mean sex before the wedding day or a marriage commitment is in place. Jewish as well many other cultures required sexual consummation during the wedding feast and before celebrations.

In this sense, "Sex before the marriage" is very important. :dancingp:

It will become the culmination of the marriage itself. And unless the marriage includes a sexual consummation, there is some indication that it may not be valid,l Deut 24:1-4.

But a much broader rule in scripture indicates a sexual blessing. :yay:

God "Blessed them" and said be fruitful and multiply. He also said the marriage bed is holy and undefiled. If you want God's blessing then a "marriage" aka "heterosexual monogamy" is the way to go. But sex that is not blessed, can be defiled or unholy.

While it may be pushing it a little to say sex before marriage is under a curse, why would someone looking for a marriage partner want to promote less than the best for that person they claim to Love, Hmm..?

Make the right choice. Sex that is blessed by God or the intoxicating and addictive type promoted by the mother of harlots riding the scarlet beast (Revelations 17). :devil:

View Profile
History
Sex before marriage
Posted : 6 Sep, 2009 11:51 AM

If i understand correctly what you are saying, sex before marriage is a good thing?

The Marriage bed is undefiled is true, but the consimation (sp?)takes place after the vows.

when we have sexual encounters, we become one with that person, whether it's between 2 people that are married or not. the sexual act seals the deal...sex is an act of worship, if you are having sex with your wife, then of course you are worshiping God the Father, if you are not married but having sex you definitely arent glorifying the Almighty God, you are worshipping the enemy of The Father.

If you have a desire or need for these type of encounters, I would ask God to search your heart and show you what is hindering or bringing on these thoughts.

Gods desire for His children is purity, we have to do what we can to please Him, this includes our sexual purity. Saying NO until marriage is the right thing to do.

blessings,

Riveroflife

View Profile
History
Sex before marriage
Posted : 11 Sep, 2009 07:57 AM

I believe that sex before marriage is not what God wants. Those who say its ok are only thinking about themselves in the short term and not their partner in the long term.

If you are in a relationship with someone and you love them, you should be willing to wait till you are married. It shows you are thinking about that person in the long term because intimacy has a real emotion affect on people.

I would think that sex used in its proper place would be far more enjoyable then using it to fulfil selfish desires.

God bless

View Profile
History
Sex before marriage
Posted : 11 Sep, 2009 10:57 AM

The problem is we have made marriage to be a means by which we can have sex legally. And for many guys this is exactly the way they think. the prospective groom has

certain expectations and may even lust after his wife before they are married. Do we call this sex before marriage? if you lust after a woman in your heart is it like adultery?

Hmm...I think the hidden truth here is very much the same as in any type of relationship. It is better to give rather than to seek our own pleasure. too many marriages seek whats in it for me and miss the self sacrificing AGAPE' Love God calls us to have.

The number one problem in marriages is still unrepentant self-centeredness.

Sex is not so relevant as many think. Incest; bestiality; prostitution; Adultery and homosexuality are listed as fornication, for which the bible specifically condemns and rightly so. And when sex outside of marriage fits into any of these categories it is wrong. other than that I don't see sex before marriage even mentioned in the bible except in the case of Mary and Joseph. Mary was blessed, she was a virgin but she was very much married also.

View Profile
History
Sex before marriage
Posted : 11 Sep, 2009 04:38 PM

I made my x-wife wait until after we got married.I belive the bible and that is what I follow.I am not perfect and I make mistakes.I will advice the person who belives it is ok to change in love.:waving:

Page : 1 2 3 4