Author Thread: Racism
Admin

Racism
Posted : 8 Sep, 2009 01:30 PM

Be honest people... Most of you have a racial preference right? I don't really have one, but I'm usually attracted to people with lighter skin tones. However, I try to give everyone a chance.

I've noticed on this site that people may put up a great profile and talk about how godly they are, but end up ignoring the message I sent which I put time and thought into.

So I did a little detective work. I checked out profiles of people who were white (males and females) and they have a TON more people who put them in their favorites list.

Some even go on to talk about how they love a guy with blue eyes or that they will ONLY date white guys. It's very insulting to me, really.

So you favorite all the white guys and blindly ignore anyone else that could be a potential match. There's no sense in denying it, because I see the evidence.

Note: I'm just a little upset right now, so please excuse my tone if I sound a bit harsh.

Oh yeah, and then there's all the people who are my age (~20) and they only allow people like 24-30 to contact them, exalting themselves as if they're so mature and perfect.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Racism
Posted : 9 Sep, 2009 09:09 AM

Yeah, lol...I am extremely racist....I'm only attracted to one race.....human.:goofball: I think what it is...is that a lot of people just want someone like them...I'm not sure it's totally racism....some of it might be. And yes, appearance shouldn't matter...but when it's about the person you're spending your whole life with you want to at least be satisfied with how they look. Not everyone is as forgiving as you are. As Christians we don't judge by appearance, but we also don't have to get married. I'm not going to marry someone I'm not attracted to...it has nothing to do with judging who they are. We could be awesome super friends...but you don't marry someone just to be friends. Read the Song of Solomon. Anyway...some possibly unwanted advice on your profile. Smile. You're right, pictures shouldn't define the person. But while some people might not be judging your looks...they might be judging your "look". You look at least bored...if not mildly "dissatisfied". If that's how you are all the time, then at least it's honest. If you're a little happier normally....then you might show some teeth. Girls like smiles. If you don't want people to judge your "look", take the pictures down. Some people have already said some of this but...I've noticed that on here a lot of people make the same mistake...they throw a lot of stuff out there. Pretend you're meeting everyone that views your profile in real life for the first time. "Hi, this is my life story". It would probably scare them a little...most people don't want everything at once...it's a process. And I know you didn't put "everything" in there...but it seems to be mostly serious life stuff. Might try and be a little lighter. I wouldn't say you need to take much out...just maybe put some lighter stuff in. I can see you are honest...and I can see you are convicted. That might make you a good christian...but you aren't on here looking for churches right? Women want to know a little about you...your sense of humor...what, why, and how you enjoy the things you like. How you deal with problems. Anyway...just some advice...

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Racism
Posted : 9 Sep, 2009 12:40 PM

dear syli, i like the way you think.. can i adopt you hehe

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Racism
Posted : 9 Sep, 2009 12:43 PM

Well,Ive got a different perspective on this,and this has absoloutly nothing to do with your question.I think you are a highly intelligent young man with incredible insight and wisdom concerning the things of god!I dont know you so you may have some social skill problems or whatever,but I really dont think you should trouble yourself with a mate right now.If you have any skills in the areas of speaking or writing,I would definitly develope them!The world needs more R.C. Sprouls,John Mcaurther,spurgeon.....ect.Your young,you have plenty of time for women(the lord willing),There is,however,a paysite called sovereign grace,wich is just for people that are serious calvinists,good luck brother

IN CHRIST

Steven

View Profile
History
Racism
Posted : 9 Sep, 2009 02:37 PM

Thanks Steven... I love all those men of God, lol. Have you heard of Paul Washer? You should check him out. Great stuff.

Well I would have to post here to proclaim to you all that I repent of my vile wickedness. I acted on my emotions which is a form of following my own heart, which Scripture says is wicked. I have condemned myself.

I was self-righteous and presumptuous. My guilt is the judgment of God upon me. Please forgive me.

I'm just a young fool who has little experience in any of the things of life.

And you know what's funny? It's so hard to type this, which proves that my pride is great. I should really go into prayer for a while...

View Profile
History
Racism
Posted : 10 Sep, 2009 01:56 AM

dear legend, hey young feller,, dont be so tough on yourself.. youre a right cool young man. youre young and kearning, were old and still learning hehe dont never feel like you cant ask questions and even speak from the heart as some of the best thoughts ive ever heard came straight from the heart.. ole cattle

View Profile
History
Racism
Posted : 13 Sep, 2009 04:51 PM

I did read your profile legend.When I was your age,I was just saved an very riged.You do need a woman to straghten that ridedness out.That is what god put them here for.To make us guys more understanding.No one here is as you ay believe they are.You are young yet.Takeyour tme to find the rught lady.I did check your profile.Easy up a little bit and start slow with women.:waving:Dennis

PS.Women may like to start a little slow.

Shevallion

View Profile
History
Racism
Posted : 14 Sep, 2009 09:02 AM

I agree with you cattleman, I'm 24 and I haven't been in a serious relationship since I was 17!...can anyone say wow?! I've been on a LOT of dates and in the end, we just realized we were not compatible. I experienced prejudice a lot while I was living in the south because of a lot of reasons. 1. I'm dark skinned and 2. I'm tall

It's not just the females who have preferences about what they want. Guys do too. The only difference that I really find is guys don't really list what features a woman has to have before he even considers conversing with her. You have to be patient and be open to finding the "one" in various places. I'm sure you (legend) have preferences in the one you want to date so if you don't find a potential mate or the one you find doesn't respond, don't become disheartened and give up. If that were the case, I should have called it quits a LONG time ago...lol. Just keep pressing forward and stay focused on God for He will allow you to find your wife. The Bible says that "He who findeth a wife, findeth a good thing"...just keep looking :angel:

View Profile
History
Racism
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 06:18 AM

:hearts: Most people marry their own people (race) and do well. But Christians are a New Creation (new species) and should marry their own kind, Christians should marry other CHRISTIANS. And race is not an issue.

Page : 1 2