Author Thread: Impoliteness In Messaging
musician47

View Profile
History
Impoliteness In Messaging
Posted : 4 Jul, 2021 04:58 PM

What I'm really tiring of is having some woman act interested in me, we exchange messages a time or two, then first thing I know, she stops replying yet her green light (on site light) remains on. I'm not stupid, she's talking to other men, having just walked off from me, not saying why, just leaves me staring at a blank message box, my message either unread for keeps or read and ignored. I'm really tired of this sort of extremely RUDE and IMPOLITE demeanor, and who wouldn't be? Is that the way God wants us to treat one another? I just don't think so. So, my new policy, you do me like that, just walk off and leave me sitting here, instant block. That should be fair because you have stopped talking to me ANYWAY! In real life, that would be like just turning and walking away from someone talking to you in the middle of their sentence. VERY rude and inconsiderate, certainly not how a Christian person should be. I honestly do not get what women on this site are looking for. Truth be known, I don't think they even know either. And then there are those who will reply to you, maybe say something to you every few weeks, like a really long drawn out "conversation". If I'm going to leave a chat, I will let the person know that I need to go eat, or have something to do. It has been nice chatting and looking forward to the next time. But women don't do that. They just stalk off and leave you holding the "fool bag". No one will ever want meet or date a person like that, Not ever. I sure wouldn't. I was raised the old fashioned way and taught good manners. This is just how I am, and I expect that from everyone else, but unfortunately not everyone else was brought up that way. Well enough of my venting on THIS issue, and trust me, there may be more coming, so stay tuned!

Nightowlnw^

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2021 12:25 AM

I have experienced the same. And it is often the woman who has initiated the conversation. She either gets bored or just isn't interested. Maybe she thinks that by not telling you she isn't interested in continuing a conversation she is saving hurt feelings. This site is becoming a real waste of time, in my opinion. You invest time in getting to know someone just to get ghosted. I think that is the term for this. The person you are talking to disappears like a ghost.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2021 02:01 AM

Most of us are here looking for someone that we could potentially start a relationship with. If we don’t see any potential I think it’s fine to call it a day regardless of who initiated the communication. As adults we should be able to politely thank them for a pleasant conversation, wish them well and move on…:-)

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2021 04:36 AM

Many men left this site because the Women they write too don't respond.

I usually respond even if I'm not interested. I will state that fact.

I message men I'm interested in, even if I get rejected.

I'm not on here to just do nothing.