Author Thread: Interracial dating- God's will?
Admin

Interracial dating- God's will?
Posted : 18 Sep, 2009 08:32 PM

Well Ive often been told by friends that their pastors/priests told them it was against God's preference to marry between races( they usually quote some OT passages)... Being far away from my homeland, I find this a big issue as not too many are interested in me. What do you think is God's preference in the matter?

PEM4

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Sep, 2009 11:20 AM

It is rather interesting to know that guys are experiencing some of the mind boggling thoughts that us, women have often rolled around in our heads.

I do believe that the bible is referring to our religion/ denomination, not out race/ ethnicity. i.e it would not be wise for individuals that attend church on separate day and of said religion to enter into a marriage. Most couple that tried this lifestyle, lived in anticipation of converting the other to his or her religion and continue to attend on separate days. This will or sometimes ends in separation or divorce, because there is a barrier and the two are not completely one.

That being said, you are way too attractive to be entertaining any negative thought. All women of every nationality, color and creed are receptive to a good man pursuing her.

Re evaluate yourself and your pass approach to women and dare to be dare different job.

God bless

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Sep, 2009 04:36 PM

the answer is simple

yes

for God command everything that had breathe to be frutiful and multiple after it's OWN KIND..

now do you believe that the black man is human or an animal or maybe the white man is a sea creature.. nonsense we are all humans!

now the scriptures tell us "so in the natural ,so in the spiritual" first the natural then the spiritual!" with that in mind read the Word of God again.

we as believers in the One true God , must understand we have to marry someone of our own belief system. ( i highly recommend someone who is searching God at your level . if you are a student of the Word fine the mate that will listen and help you fine tune your gifts. you are to help one another grow in th knowledge of God, not matter what your color! it has to do with the faith one possesses inside

godlymom2

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 06:27 PM

I just finished reading that thread by "Pastor" Lawrence (and by the way, Linnie, there were no comments posted on there anymore...hmmm...you were right). That was just ridiculous.

He kept talking about "principal" (the word is actually principle), and I think He's a little mixed up on the difference between principle and opinion. What he expressed was clearly his opinion. He even said, "Therefore after studying the Bible I believe that it is a preference of God not to marry someone of another race, but it is not a commandment. God is not against marrying someone of another race." He just contridicted himself right there. The God I serve is not a God of contradiction! He also said something about wanting his child to look like him....personally, I want my child to walk like me...in faith, in obedience, in love (for all), in Christ. That will be a heritage I will be proud of!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what that man is talking about!

~~KT

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Oct, 2009 05:56 PM

god chooses people from all races and creeds,just to show people how stupid our prejudices are!A christian,that is a racist,is most likely not a christian.

In Christ

Steven

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Oct, 2009 03:13 PM

Funny how human beings can go to incredible lengths to convince themselves and others that they are not prejudiced. God made all of us! There may be cultural differences that can make some things more diffiucult? Maybeeee...or maybe not either! It depends on who you are with! SO FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE LET GOD DECIDE. He knows who you should marry, ASK Him. If she is a different race it WILL NOT matter if God ordains it. In fact you will find that if it is God's will then the differences will be very important!

"Seek First the Kingdom of Heaven, and then all these things will be added unto you as well"

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Oct, 2009 05:28 PM

This is one of the reasons why I am so glad to be living in the so-called "Pagan Northwest" - nobody give a flying fig about this kind of thing. Inter-racial dating is common and nobody cares. Love comes in All colors. As Ray Stevens sang "Everybody's beautiful..."

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2009 01:14 PM

God is the artist, and we are his handiwork. I see no problems with dating others of different races...it may sound cliche, but this can't be overstated: it's what's on the INSIDE that counts. The diversity of culture and life never ceases to amaze me; don't allow it to limit your outlook on life!

Xtine

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Nov, 2009 05:10 PM

There were many mixed couples there in the bible.for example moses,ruth,etc.so..I guess it answers ur question already :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Nov, 2009 10:30 PM

I am bi-racial...my dad is black w/ indian...my mom, white. Can you believe that i actually had a man ask me if I "DATED INTERRACIALLY!" LOL How could I not?!?! 2 funny!! Growing up in the south was very trying , as racism is very prominent. The way some people treated me caused me to have low self-esteem and not love myself. But yet,...when I came to know God...and GOD'S love for me...It wouldn't have mattered if no one else on this planet loved me or not...as long as I had the precious love of God!(MY HEART SMILES!!) I had heard sooo much of the don't mix races thing! But I personally found comfort in the word of God. If you go to the book of NUMBERS,chapter 12...you will find that Mose married an Ethiopian woman....And most anyone that you ask, would say that Moses was SUCH A MAN OF GOD! It tells that Miriam and Aaron spoke against moses because he had married an Ethiopian woman....The anger of God was kindled by this and Miriam was acursed with leprosy and put out of the camp for a period of time. And guess who prayed and interceded for Miriam??? MOSES!! He interceded in prayer (Heal her now O God!!) WOW!!

Those scriptures alone...gave me strength and let me know that I am a princess in the eyes of God! God loves us all...regardless of color! God could have used a huge cookie-cutter and mad us all the same...BUT HE DIDN'T!

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Nov, 2009 10:41 PM

When people are truly Christ-like, they will have a love for the person...regardless of their exterior appearance. God doesn't make mistakes! I can't praise Him enough!!:applause:Our identities are framed by who God says that we are IN HIM....not by who or what the world says.:yay:It's not what PEOPLE THINK... it's what GOD KNOWS:yay: So...be encouraged my brother!:applause: IT'S ALL GOOD!!:bouncy:

GOD BLESS YOU...LOVE,PRAYERS,AND ENCOURAGEMENT IN THE LORD,

"THE KING'S JEWEL"

Page : 1 2 3