Author Thread: Interracial dating- God's will?
Admin

Interracial dating- God's will?
Posted : 18 Sep, 2009 08:32 PM

Well Ive often been told by friends that their pastors/priests told them it was against God's preference to marry between races( they usually quote some OT passages)... Being far away from my homeland, I find this a big issue as not too many are interested in me. What do you think is God's preference in the matter?

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Sep, 2009 11:15 PM

*cough, sputter, choke* seriously??? Whoever told you this has God completely wrong.

"You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." (NIV, Galatians 3:26-28)

The Bible tells us to be with someone of like faith - not same color skin. Assure yourself that this is a non-issue with God.

As for women not being interested in you? I would have no idea why - you're a handsome man (and I say that from a motherly standpoint, not a creepy old lady standpoint, Lol), you have a solid educational background, you're articulate...if anything, I think some women might be intimidated by you!

All of us that are here, no matter what skin color, height, nationality, weight, or shoe size have been turned down numerous times. Don't let it throw you. You'll find her.

Blessings,

Lynn

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Sep, 2009 08:34 AM

dear jim,

acts 17:26 And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings,

as you can see jim the verse above tells us that we all came from the same blood. the exact same. that verse spoke to me sometime back. and well quite a realization.. that no matter what the color of your skin is or what language you speak or where you come from. we all are family.

. but dont make the mistake of thinkin just cause some folks may not wanna pursue a relationship with you its cause of racism.. now some could possibly be. but i ask you since youre single now. i dont even know what your race is , i didnt look. but the laides from your own race must be turning you down too as youre single.. or else youre not pursuing them and id ask why not if thats the case. its called preference.. so what i ask is if folks of ones own race turn you down is that racism? nope it aint. neither is all of the ones outside your race that turn one down being racist..

its a simple thing called preference in dating and love..

you just gotta find the one you click with and prefer and they prefer you back.. dont be so rough on yourself or others. there will be women that are gonna like you for who you are just the way you are.. just keep lookin and asking..

ole cattle

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Sep, 2009 09:40 AM

I might regret posting on this subject, but I've done a lot of thinking about it, so here goes.

I don't consider myself to be racist. I have friends from a variety of races (particularly Asian, African-American, and Hispanic), however I do not find myself attracted to men of a very different race than myself (I'm caucasian...although supposedly there is some Cherokee Indian in the family tree somewhere). I don't really know why. Perhaps it is the way I was raised, perhaps it is the region in which I live, or perhaps it's just a matter of personal preference. I DO NOT think that it is un-Biblical to marry or date inter-racially.

Koinonia87

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Sep, 2009 11:27 PM

Lynn, I couldn't have said it better.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Sep, 2009 09:56 AM

Thanks for your responses and the wonderful verses. I completely agree with most of you. I dont think there are racists on this site(one can not be christian and a racist at the same time). And I definitely wasnt talking about personal preferences either (everybody has some of their own). I was merely asking for your response to Pastors who would say its not Gods preference for you to intermarry between races. For eg theres a christian dating site(I can send you the link) for only "born again" believers being managed by a baptist pastor where he has quoted some OT passages and stated this.

Seuss

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Sep, 2009 11:28 AM

I don't think there is anything wrong with Interracial dating, just as long as two people respect each other and treat each other well. So much hatred in this world as it is. If two people love God and are going in the same direction, that is important too.

YANASHA

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Sep, 2009 03:39 PM

I just wonder which verse from the Bible they (pastors) use to prove this idea?

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Sep, 2009 06:23 PM

For a start you could read this- http://inhistimedating.com/2009/07/06/interracial-dating-by-pastor-lawrence

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Sep, 2009 07:26 PM

I just left "pastor" Lawrence a comment on that thread. Feel free to read it (if it's even still there - I'm guessing it will be deleted by his staff).

Do NOT listen to this guy. He clearly has some sort of prejudice or simply doesn't understand what the Bible says. I was shocked that this would come from someone calling themselves a pastor. This is another "wolf" that the bible speaks of - he's not to be trusted or listened to.

There is still a lot of prejudice in this world - rise above it and let Jesus light shine through you.

Blessings,

Lynn

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 11:27 AM

dear yanasha, there are a few verses the segragationists used to argue their point.. they allege that GOD doomed ham and his decendents [black folks} to perpetual servitude.

genesis 9:24-27 24 So Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done to him. 25 Then he said:

"Cursed be Canaan;

A servant of servants

He shall be to his brethren."

26 And he said:

"Blessed be the Lord,

The God of Shem,

And may Canaan be his servant.

27 May God enlarge Japheth,

And may he dwell in the tents of Shem;

And may Canaan be his servant."

why this cant be so..

the curse was made by noah and not by GOD.

it was made to canaan and not ham.

the decendents of canaan were the canaanites who were white tribes.

you cant take isolated passages of scripture and twist them to support the subjugation of blacks by whites as was done in the slave days.

GOD made man in HIS image.

GOD made of one blood all nations.

GOD is no respector of persons.

salvation is for all people of every race.

ole cattle

Page : 1 2 3