Author Thread: heres a question for ya...
Admin

heres a question for ya...
Posted : 22 Sep, 2009 01:41 PM

dear folks, lets say you are talking to someone for say a week or so regular and you like them so far.. and then out of the blue someone writes you and you start talking and you are blown away by them and how right they seem for you.. what would you do then?

ole cattle

theDave

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Sep, 2009 03:06 PM

Hey cattle,

Are you talking to the first person in real life or on the internet? Here's a question for you, why are they advertising the movie "I Hope they serve beer in Hell" so extensively on a Christian dating site?

Dave

Phoebe2

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Sep, 2009 03:27 PM

May be they got busy with things in life, may be they met others , or simply need to be told that someone is really very interested in them! Well, I think everybody can read between the lines, up front is preferred though. I would say clearly rather than wasting my time wondering.

Phoebe.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Sep, 2009 06:08 PM

dear folks , its just a hypothetical question like on the internet... thats not happenin with me.. just was curious as to what folks would do if it was happenin to them.. thanks

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Sep, 2009 10:57 PM

Hey ole

I would treat them like I would want to be treated.

I would want to be sure (I would want her to be sure too). You never know what God may bring, so you have to knock on all the doors.

And in this case I would continue to be friendly to both parties until my discernment showed me otherwise. Then I would stop thinking of one of them as a possibility for 'more than friends' and just keep it on a phileo (brotherly love) level. The first one has shown you can build something with her, and the other could be just a 'flash in the pan' and not 'pan out' [pun intended].

And then pursue the one exclusively that is a blessing with all the types of love, including spatterings of eros.

Since both relationships are just in the beginning stage, I would not tell either of them. For we are allowed to have friends of both sexes when we are single.

But if I was already somewhat committed, I would not pursue another for anything more than Christian fellowship. I desire the Father's blessing and not His curse.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 01:53 PM

If we decide how to respond to people without submitting the very words to Jesus then we are taking their lives and ours into our own inept hands.

The reality is that none of us were made to exist outside of a loving, deep, continous connection with God. Father always intended us to have that Eden relationship, it is us who choose otherwise by attempting to go it alone.

Your question is very valid and the answer is suprisingly simple. Ask Jesus and do nothing until He answers. And to build the Spiritual muscle it takes to hear God more clearly, submit every thought you have (especially the sinful ones) to Jesus. Every decision reguardless of how small, every feeling reguardless of how petty, every word that comes out of your mouth let God lead you. For the little exercises in faith make up the mountain of faith you need for the big decisions.

I will give a example I am terrible at remembering names. After praying about it God showed me the solution. When I cannot remember a name I just "stop-drop-and-pray" saying "Jesus I cannot remember this name can you tell me what it is?' I have done this thousands of times, and every time I stopped thinking about it and went on to something else He just comes and whispers it into my ear. You may ask how I know it is His voice. Well I know His voice just like I would know yours if I heard it enough, but the real way I know is that I did not think it. I was not thinking at all when I hear it, it is a outside voice. Meaning outside of my mind but internal to the Spirit. Every time He does this it builds my faith, causes me to break into worship, and deepens my trust in Jesus. This process reclaims your mind over time, making you more connected to the Tree of Life, from which true love, happiness, and joy flows.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Sep, 2009 11:02 AM

hey dave, your question might be better directed to admin, if you don't like the ads download and try firefox3 browser (free) and install the ad blocker plus (free) add on. the down side is it may block out your IM feature here but can be adjusted to accept those pop ups.

in Christ...Jim

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Sep, 2009 11:19 AM

oh, might also want to run a good spyware/adware scanner like superantispyware (also free to download and use) to clean things up first. you'd be surprised what it will find and how much smoother your 'puter will run, it's worked great for me, my family, and a lot of my family issues on their systems.

mariangela

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 11:51 AM

I would keep my options open, until I get a real confirmation from God that he is the one....Too many times, we waste our time with people that are a waste of time, and loose out on the good ones....

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Sep, 2009 01:29 PM

dear mari, welcome to the forums..

i just dont see spending time with someone as wasted time..

to me theres always a reason for it.. some folks come into your life,from GOD and some from satan , and to supply you with lessons learnt and some are just there to enhance your life for a season.. some may come to learn from you or you may learn from them the good things. and some are there to always be there for you and you for them.. i just dont see love thy neighbor as thyself by way of seeing others as a waste of time.. i feel as if you have alot of anger towards some folks whove come into your life.. it is my belief that you really need to let that all go. forgive them and move on.. and not see folks as negatatively.. as negatavity tends to attract negativity...

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Sep, 2009 11:08 PM

You are wise Cattleman~~

Page : 1 2