Author Thread: Aching Heart, Hurts Deeply
Seuss

View Profile
History
Aching Heart, Hurts Deeply
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 08:05 AM

All because of abuse, I cannot have a relationship. I try the best I can to get closer to God. I feel so isolated for my friends. They are all going thru something, and they tend to keep to themselves. I am really tired of having to do all the work in my friendships. I have never felt so lonely, as I have these days. I met a guy here on this website, who lives 3 hrs away. We met in person on Saturday. I thought it well until I opened my big mouth, told him I felt judged when he talked about Rick Warren and contemporary churches that are watered down, when it comes to the message they present and other areas. I don't know if that makes sense. I just don't know how much more of this I can take. This rejection hurt so deeply. He would not even give me another chance. He is bitter because of what his wife put him thru. He is a single dad, and I know he wants the best for his daughter. He wanted to be in control. He did not even want to talk that much on the phone, and I was frustrated about that. Well, I guess I needed to vent.

tristan07

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 01:58 PM

So life takes you through all these twists and turns and you often find yourself down a road you've not traveled before. There are so many dead ends and disappointments in life, it's almost staggering, even though you are the one trying not to disappoint more often then not.

After a while you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul. And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning and company isn't security. (Kisses aren't contracts and presents aren't promises.) After awhile you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and your eyes open, with the grace not the grief of a child. And you learn to build your roads on today because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain and the inevitable has a way of crumbling in mid-flight. After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you stand too long in one place. So, you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul instead of waiting for someone else to bring you flowers. And you learn you really can endure, that you really do have worth. You learn that with every good-bye comes the dawn.

And you can breath again.

Here's to life, and love, and laughter, cause that all we have left.

Cheers, that's something I wrote a while back when my gal dumped me.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Sep, 2009 12:08 AM

sorry but he was right about those seeker churches. many people have strong feelings about them esp. if their own family members are sucked into them.

check out warren and seeker churches and bill hybels (who learned the lesson) on biblebb.com

Miss Inspiration

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Oct, 2009 09:21 AM

Tristan, thank you for that piece of writing- very soothing and directional. Positive and fulfilling.

As for the woman who posted this hurt, I believe if he or she is truly your friend, they'd be willing to call back- it shouldn't be one way. But on the other hand, you being there while they're enduring this hardship- well, there's a reason for that. If you happen to be the stronger one, God's got you there for a reason to support those other friends, to let them know they are loved.

As for this guy who made the definitive statement about a said church, people who are willing to make statements beforehand are stereotyping. Judging in a manner of speaking. Unless you're willing to attend a service and see if IN YOUR HEART there's substance or reason for you to continue worshipping there, then you won't find what it is God has for you there. Personally if someone said that about the church I started attending, I'd say see ya! and bounce. If they're willing to stereotype without justification or evidence to support their claim, who knows what else they have pre-suppositioned in their hearts about the other aspects of their lives.

FYI, keep in touch to the woman who wrote this thread! :peace:

lordsgirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Oct, 2009 03:15 PM

Hi = I don't know your whole picture but you should be allowed to express your feelings even if it opposes his opinion. He didn't have an issue sharing his, didn't he? so why are you feeling bad? there will always be differences in opinions, we just need to respect what we are discussing and respect the other person. i were you i wouldn't blame myself, with God ALL things are possible, and He's a God of many chances.

cheer up!:glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Oct, 2009 04:42 PM

There are alot of us on this site that have to admit that one time or another they have been deeply hurt too--for there are many of us that have experienced pain from divorced, death of a spouse, abandonmen, abuse, or what ever it may be.

Our Lord promised if we would draw nigh to him, that he would to us. How true that is. The closer we draw to him, the more comfort & peace we will experience. Ask the Lord to bring the right friends your way. One's that will be sincere.

May I suggest a couple books to read.

They have helped me in this area of feeling alone.

Women to Women by Joyce Meyers

Become A Better You by Joel Osteen

I have read & reread both.

May our Lord bless you with choice, Godly, sincere friends.

kas