Author Thread: 🙂💯👍 but you were washed 🌊… sanctified… justified: God’s great work for us in Jesus Christ is described in 3️⃣ terms which reflect the trinity
Admin

🙂💯👍 but you were washed 🌊… sanctified… justified: God’s great work for us in Jesus Christ is described in 3️⃣ terms which reflect the trinity
Posted : 22 Nov, 2021 02:42 PM

☑️ You were washed: We are washed clean from sin by the mercy of God (Titus 3:5). We can have our sins washed away by calling on the name of the Lord (Acts 22:16). We are washed by the work of Jesus on the cross for us (Revelation 1:5) and by the Word of God (Ephesians 5:26).

☑️ You were sanctified: We are set apart, away from the world and unto God, by the work of Jesus on the cross (Hebrews 10:10), by God’s Word (John 17:19), by faith in Jesus (Acts 26:18), and by the Holy Spirit (Romans 15:16).

☑️ You were justified: We are declared “just” before the court of God, not merely “not guilty,” but declared as “just” before Him. We are justified by God’s grace through the work of Jesus on the cross (Romans 3:24), by faith and not by our own deeds (Romans 3:28).

☑️ God can take the kind of people described in 1 Corinthians 6:9 and 10 and make them into the kind of people described in 1 Corinthians 6:11! How great is the work of God!

☑️ In the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God: Without trying to present a doctrine of the Trinity, Paul quite naturally – because he knew it was the truth about God – lists the three Persons of the Godhead in connection with this great work of God in the life of the believer

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
🙂💯👍 but you were washed 🌊… sanctified… justified: God’s great work for us in Jesus Christ is described in 3️⃣ terms which reflect the trinity
Posted : 22 Nov, 2021 02:55 PM

Yes the Trinity works together as scripture indicates.

The FlatEarthTeddyBug who denies the Trinity has it wrong again! Thanks RSVP

Here’s an article from Got Questions that adds to the conversation:

Got Questions

ANSWER

In Acts 2:24, Peter says that “God raised [Jesus] from the dead.” So that’s the basic answer. God resurrected Jesus. As we read more Scripture, that basic answer becomes more nuanced.

The Bible indicates that all three Persons of the Trinity were involved in Jesus’ resurrection. Galatians 1:1 says that the Father raised Jesus from the dead. First Peter 3:18 says that the Spirit raised Jesus from the dead (see also Romans 1:4, and note that Romans 8:11 clearly says that God will resurrect believers “through His Spirit”). And in John 2:19 Jesus predicts that He will raise Himself from the dead (see also John 10:18). So, when we answer the question of who resurrected Jesus, we can say God did. And by that we can mean it was the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

It may seem puzzling how Jesus could be said to raise Himself. How can a dead man have any say in his own resurrection? The answer is that Jesus was more than a man who died; He was the eternal Son of God incarnate. Wicked men could kill His body, but they could not change His eternal nature or diminish His divine power. In John 10:17–18 Jesus says something that no mere mortal could ever say: “I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again.” No one else in the history of the world has ever had the authority both to lay down his life and to raise it up again.

Furthermore, Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life” (John 11:25). He claimed to be the resurrection Himself; He has absolute authority over life and death (Revelation 1:18). Jesus is God. He could say He would raise up His body on the third day because He, being God, has power over death.

Who resurrected Jesus from the dead? God did, and by that we mean all three Persons of the Trinity were involved. All three Persons of the Trinity participated in creation (1 Corinthians 8:6; Genesis 1:1–2). All three are involved in salvation (John 3:6, 16). And all three are responsible for the resurrection of Christ Jesus.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Nov, 2021 03:23 PM

Unfortunately we have many uninitiated, unthankful and ungrateful self-proclaiming “believers” who hardly if ever read the Bible.

I’m really not sure such people can be genuine Christians. For one thing, the only way a person becomes a Christian is though the scriptures or by hearing someone speak through the scriptures.

So on that basis, I’m copying the last paragraph from the above copy/paste for these non-readers in the hopes they might at least momentarily break with their current spiritual lethargy.

So here’s the QUOTE: Who resurrected Jesus from the dead? God did, and by that we mean all three Persons of the Trinity were involved. All three Persons of the Trinity participated in creation (1 Corinthians 8:6; Genesis 1:1–2). All three are involved in salvation (John 3:6, 16). And all three are responsible for the resurrection of Christ Jesus.END QUOTE

Obviously, the Trinity can be identified and observed as they work together in unison throughout their various spiritual endeavors

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Nov, 2021 03:36 PM

absolutely bro david we can see the trinity working all throughout the bible -- and once upon a time teddy bugs referred to the trinity as a three-headed pagan god which of course is blasphemy thus nullifying his pathological state of sinless perfectionism

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Nov, 2021 07:01 PM

False teacher FlatEarthTeddyBug, who believes several false teachings, is among the first to hastily insult the true God.