Author Thread: Tattoos on men
John_O

View Profile
History
Tattoos on men
Posted : 25 Sep, 2009 03:48 PM

Would like to find out how most women feel about men with tattoos, from both a female & Christian point.

I have 41 including the neck (4) and hands (8). There all images of animals nothng else. People in the street , stores ect ect don't seem to be scared beacuse many

( mostly women & children) actually stop me and start the conversation!!! Kids love to play " guess the animal", or they start asking me if I have a lion, or tiger ect ect and most of the time......... I do!! :ROFL: I have only been inked once since becoming a Christian, but I do need to have at least 3 or 4 more to finish. Of course they will have something to do with animals. :applause:

Anyway, just would like to have some imput.

Thanks and God bless! :angel:

Thomw_99

View Profile
History
Tattoos on men
Posted : 30 Sep, 2009 03:32 PM

I personally don't care for tattoos. Not to be legalistic, but HE says in Leviticus 19: 28 " 'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.

This is in the middle of a lot of "do's and don'ts" some of which we still do not do.

Leviticus19:26 You shall not eat anything with the blood, nor practice divination or soothsaying. 27 You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard. 28 You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD. 29Do not profane your daughter by making her a harlot, so that the land will not fall to harlotry and the land become full of lewdness. 30 You shall keep My sabbaths and revere My sanctuary; I am the LORD. 31 Do not turn to mediums or spiritists; do not seek them out to be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God. 32 You shall rise up before the grayheaded and honor the aged, and you shall revere your God; I am the LORD.

The only Levitical statutes that were remitted in the NT were the dietary ones...

But ultimately this is an issue of faith. Romans 14:23 "But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin."

Stay Blessed,

Thomas

John_O

View Profile
History
Tattoos on men
Posted : 3 Oct, 2009 02:11 PM

If there is doubt whether it pleases God, then it is best not to engage in that activity. I don't feel God would be upset with be getting a tattoo of one of his creatures.I look at it this way, a tattoo of a cross is better than a naked woman, or demon. A tattoo tjhat says �Jesus saves� could be used as a conversation starter as it is with my animals, by them stopping me and talking about my tattoos I get a chance to witness to them.

Revelations 19:16

On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

king of kings and lord of lords.

What was the name on his thigh written with? some say it's a tattoo??

jo_numba5

View Profile
History
Tattoos on men
Posted : 6 Oct, 2009 11:21 PM

I dont seem to have a problem either.

View Profile
History
Tattoos on men
Posted : 17 Oct, 2009 10:58 PM

I don't have a problem with tatoos ofcourse some are inappropiate and I'm sure we've all seen them however; I've meet many genuine Christian men and women with tatoo's and they got them before being saved.....should I judge or demand that they remove them?

The point is tatoo's have nothing to do with your salvation.

If your tatoo glorifies the Lord great, and if it's just for fun....it's up to you to realize and think about how many is really just too much and if you're really over doing it.

View Profile
History
Tattoos on men
Posted : 22 May, 2010 03:32 PM

I think tattos on men is sexy.. this my honest opinion.

Page : 1 2