Author Thread: Tattoos on men
John_O

View Profile
History
Tattoos on men
Posted : 25 Sep, 2009 03:48 PM

Would like to find out how most women feel about men with tattoos, from both a female & Christian point.

I have 41 including the neck (4) and hands (8). There all images of animals nothng else. People in the street , stores ect ect don't seem to be scared beacuse many

( mostly women & children) actually stop me and start the conversation!!! Kids love to play " guess the animal", or they start asking me if I have a lion, or tiger ect ect and most of the time......... I do!! :ROFL: I have only been inked once since becoming a Christian, but I do need to have at least 3 or 4 more to finish. Of course they will have something to do with animals. :applause:

Anyway, just would like to have some imput.

Thanks and God bless! :angel:

Phoebe2

View Profile
History
Tattoos on men
Posted : 25 Sep, 2009 05:09 PM

It doesn't bother me at all, as long as those tattoos are not provocative, or indicate any atheistic symbols.

But this is just me.

View Profile
History
Tattoos on men
Posted : 25 Sep, 2009 05:22 PM

I am a high school teacher with several strategically placed tattoos. I got all of them within the past ten years. I realize in my profession tattoos may not be well accepted, which is why I only have one that is barely visible at the back of my neck.. HOWEVER, all my tattoos are related to the three things that matter most to me. My religious views, my family and my love of the greatest country in the world. God Bless America!

That said, some tattoos are tacky and some are works of art. If you got the tats with meaning, then as far as I'm concerned, it's a non-issue in a relationship.

John_O

View Profile
History
Tattoos on men
Posted : 25 Sep, 2009 05:38 PM

Thanks for the replys!!

That is something I put some though into. What to get. Of course it wasn't really a hard choice LOL. Just didn't want to get something I would regret later.. Even as a ( now ex) biker I wanted to be careful what I got. I have seen many of those type people getting something covered up!that they wish they hadn't got in the first place.

View Profile
History
Tattoos on men
Posted : 25 Sep, 2009 06:24 PM

dear sunny, welcome to the forums.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Tattoos on men
Posted : 26 Sep, 2009 06:05 PM

Kind of a scary place, but thanks! :glow:

View Profile
History
Tattoos on men
Posted : 26 Sep, 2009 09:49 PM

my preference: i don't care for tatoos that naturally would get partially covered up with clothing (tank shirt/pants).. what's the point?... and there has to be a meaning, and not after the the tatoo...like to make it meaningful. knew a gal who had a drama icon (the masks) and asked her about what shows/theatre plays she liked best; she didn't know what i was talking about,so i explaind her tat... she picked out because she liked how it looked. i don't believe i am a fan of alot of tats. i knew anothe lady who told me she got a tat as a young lady only to have her bird grow into a condor. hee hee. but serious.

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Tattoos on men
Posted : 27 Sep, 2009 01:34 AM

Alright, I'll be the oddball. I don't like tattoos. On anyone, for that matter. When I'm with someone and I'm holding their hand or admiring their muscles when they're lifting something heavy, I'd rather be looking at the skin that God created rather than a picture of a wolf jumping through a flaming hoop or an Eagle flying over the sun. Also, they might look great at first, very colorful, but they do fade after time and can start to look kind of bad.

Don't get me wrong - I have dated men with tattoos and haven't had a problem with it. But if someone has no tattoos, that's a bonus to me. :)

View Profile
History
Tattoos on men
Posted : 27 Sep, 2009 09:43 AM

To each his own but I personally like small ones that have meaning to them rather than a mural of every kind of thing that you have to stand and read every which way~~lol~~and in a place that is decent~~if you have one in an intimate place that was put there before becoming a Christian is understandable but if you let some stranger see your "jewels" for a tattoo? Ummm~~~I like my man to save it for me~~muaa~~only or the doctor~~ya know? I also would not avoid going out with a guy if he has them and I am attracted to him~~

Inkabink

View Profile
History
Tattoos on men
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 07:17 AM

I have no problem at all with tattoos, as long as they're nothing profane or inappropriate. I have several myself.

John_O

View Profile
History
Tattoos on men
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 04:58 PM

Thanks again for all the replys.

One thing to remember though. Once they start to fade theres nothing to it to get them touched up . Plus with the ink used today they last three times longer before showing any fading.

Page : 1 2