Author Thread: Denominations of Faith
MNRay49

View Profile
History
Denominations of Faith
Posted : 26 Sep, 2009 10:53 AM

I am curious as to what others think on this topic. I myself am a baptist and I look for baptist profiles alot. But I have found and talked to a few people on this site that are Pentocostal or non-denominational, etc. How important do you feel it is for a baptist to be with a baptist, etc. There are aspects of different faiths that don't coexist and am curious as to other opinions. I do think there is a gap between different aspects that sooner or later could create problems, even in a Christian relationship.

View Profile
History
Denominations of Faith
Posted : 26 Sep, 2009 11:18 AM

dear ray, welcome to the forums. i dont pay a whole lot of mind to denominations when looking.. less i know we have a major difference in beliefs.. id tend to wanna know what they believe by asking questions as same denominations can have diffirent beliefs too..

ole cattle

MNRay49

View Profile
History
Denominations of Faith
Posted : 26 Sep, 2009 11:43 AM

Thanks cattle. Nice to be here. A friend suggested this site and I have been pleasantly surprised. A chrisitian coworker and i were talking the other day so i decided to post the question. I personally would not want to tie God's hands by limiting myself to only some of the possibilities out there.

View Profile
History
Denominations of Faith
Posted : 10 Oct, 2009 12:08 AM

I agree, Ole Cattle. Though many denominations have many different views, sometimes there are larger differences within the same denomination. I personally tend to ignore the denominations, though it is sometimes nice to see others who share your... alignment?

View Profile
History
Denominations of Faith
Posted : 10 Oct, 2009 03:19 AM

dear jf, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Denominations of Faith
Posted : 10 Oct, 2009 09:45 PM

Thanks!

View Profile
History
Denominations of Faith
Posted : 3 Jan, 2010 02:19 AM

What is a denomination really but mostly man made rules?

There is not going to be sections in Heaven for Baptists, Methodists, Pentecostals, etc. However I do believe that the differences can be dangerous in a relationship. I don't debate the Word. I believe what it says. I am Pentecostal but may not fully believe in every tenant of my faith. I have opinions also and if I don't find it in the Word then I don't tend to follow that rule. The Lord gave us good sense and the ability to discern what the Word tells us if we will just let Him be our Guide. Would I date a Baptist? Possibly, as I know some Baptists that are more Pentecostal in believe than some who say they are Pentecostal. I think it basically boils down to the beliefs of each individual and whether we could have a relationship without arguing about God. The arguments would not be of God but of Satan trying to tear us away from God. Why take that chance?