Author Thread: "Do not pass GO"
Marzipan1981^

View Profile
History
"Do not pass GO"
Posted : 1 Feb, 2022 11:03 PM

You've heard the board game phrase, "Do not pass GO, do not collect $200." That captures what women think when they receive initial one-liner messages like, "Hey beautiful." You've got to put something more out there...

IRL I have been willing to go on a date with a variety of men (as long as they're safe, of course). And I'll chat with someone online IF they have anything to say.

So, here is a few dating stories I've accrued. I volunteered tutoring teenagers. Another volunteer set me up with her son. We met for dinner. He was very nice, but we didn't have much in common and he was probably ten years younger!

I was asked out by a coworker. We had a fun night playing pool & he walked me to my door. He later told me he was so bummed he didn't get a goodnight kiss! Guess that is not my style! It wasn't THAT great of a night.

I went on a coffee date with a guy from church. At some point he must have decided he was too old for me because he kept reminiscing about his military career when "he was my age"

A friend walked me home; he had his bike with him. He hopped up on his bike and kissed me on the head. He said he was, "testing the waters" We never did go out.

I once joked that I got through a month on $40 worth of grocery money by going to a weekly potluck... some other things I don't currently recall... and going on a date every Friday. I date much less often now but also have a bigger grocery budget. And I never met "the one," darn it!

Some of the best dates have been simple, from watching fireworks at the fair, hiking a trail, to cheap or low-cost community events... think, food truck fair, free concerts in the park, lectures, university art shows, comedy nights at a hotel lounge... The main thing is the ability to converse and have a good time, if you can be creative, take the lead of planning a nice date and keep the conversation going, you'll go far! Whatever you do, just don't expect to impress online by starting a conversation with one or two words (eg "your hot")!

FaithLovish

View Profile
History
"Do not pass GO"
Posted : 7 Feb, 2022 06:12 AM

Like I was watching a movie.. fun stories. Thank you

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
"Do not pass GO"
Posted : 14 Feb, 2022 07:12 AM

I’m a great believer in starting as you mean to go on. So the no effort “hi hello here’s my number” messages are a big no for me. Lazy & no effort are not qualities I find endearing in a man…:-)