Author Thread: a little sermon on how to treat your brethren..
Admin

a little sermon on how to treat your brethren..
Posted : 29 Sep, 2009 08:17 PM

dear folks, i come to you tonight with a heavy heart.. it saddens me to see so much animosity here between the brethren.. we speak of others denominations as if our own is the only one that can be totally right.. and if folks dont quite believe as we believe we then in turn call them names and make claims as to their whole denominations line of thinkin..

if youre gonna judge a man do so righteously.. if you havent been in their church and sit in with them then you cant possibly know what their church preaches and teaches.. ya cant just go by what a bad apple or even a few bad apples of a church may of done before. and then label a whole denomination as such.. thats just not right..

now you can go by what a man tells you himself as to what he believes or what his church believes. . yep this is true..

even still ya cant expect to teach anyone anything by belittleing them or name calling.. or flooding the forums with pages and pages of material.. folks will tune you out as fast as you do that to em.. we must learn how to teach in a manner befitting of us as christians..

cause wonder how many people you might of tuned out that really may of needed to hear what you had to say. ya know..

or how many unsaved folks you may of turned off completely to being a christian just like us.. remember others are watching you closely and its not about how smart you are or how smart you may think you are.. now me im just a dumb ole country cowboy.. i believe what i believe and admit i dont have all the answers to every single little thing in the bible.. if i dont know ill tell ya.. but i cant say that you dont have the truth just because you may not agree with me.. i mean maybe you dont or maybe i need to learn something else.. it dont hurt to listen .. now this is the way i see things... once saved what are we to follow? what are we to do? what does GOD expect us to do?

matthew 22:36-40 36 "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?"

37 Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

now what does that say to us.. those two commandments hang all the law and profets.. if you do these you have done good.

now do you think that when JESUS hung from the cross that after that you dont need these two commandments? that they are no longer nesecery.? no way . you are expected to follow them. this is how you show love for your brother and for the LORD. yes you are expected to do this. GOD did not save our butts so we could continue in evil.. and be mean to our brethren and unsaved neighbors as well.. we are to love them and show them love .. not name call and such..

i dont wanna be called the least in heaven so i am gonna do my best to follow what JESUS commanded of us. and my friends and brethren you would do well to also..

MAY GLORY BE TO GOD!

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Oct, 2009 08:08 AM

dear folks, awesome fellers ..

ole cattle

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Oct, 2009 09:37 AM

:yay:Yay! I'm a christian again!:applause: Hugs for everybody!:buddies:

:angel::peace::angel::peace:

Page : 1 2