Author Thread: Was taken in by a fraudster on here
Merilee

View Profile
History
Was taken in by a fraudster on here
Posted : 3 Oct, 2009 08:51 PM

Hi;

I feel sooo violated tonight. Had been talkin a short time with a fella who used someone elses identity to portray himself as legit. Long story short, he's been banned and for good reason. I feel soo dumb, gullible.. looked past the tell tale signs like his broken English, his unlikely story about how he made his living and took him at his word. It sounded plausible and who am I to judge? Soo he gives me his phone number, I call the operator first to see where he's at and it's a cell phone in Nigeria. She KNEW I had met him on a Christian dating site ladies (and gents) and said they'd been getting lots of complaints, it's a big thing going on.

I've been speaking to one other fella but sent him a letter tonight to check him outa bit closer.

Fellas, if gals send you direct letters with questions on them and they sound a bit sirly.. please don't take offense. There's wolves out here, we do need to be watchful.

Meri

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Apr, 2011 12:32 PM

Amen Amen and I do say Amen,

Sorry you were bitten, however I do love your post . the only bad thing about it is that you have not posted it all over the internet for the world of internet users to read it.

take care and i pray that you find who you are seeking.

God be with you,

Dorcas

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Sep, 2012 08:06 AM

Dear Meri, thanks for this, but what I don't understand is, what are they after? Maybe I'm missing something, but are they trying to soften you up perhaps and then ask for money? So weird, bless you ,Peter

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2013 02:01 PM

Read your response and all the other people on this string...WOW! You gave very good advice. It is always good to know that ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR THE GOOD TO THOSE THAT LOVE THE LORD AND ARE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE. We can only control our own actions with the help of the Holy Spirit but as we do we can be assured God will be our strong defender and fortress and make a way out. In my case, God redfied what was intentionaly wrought as an evil purpose and allowed me to be used to bring the truth to light and correct deficiencies within brothes and sisters serving wit unclean hands. Praise God that now many things have come out from my experience...even including a couple church leaders and pastors who had not been speaking the truth and finally were convicted in their spirits and admitted to lying. The Cristian walk is not an easy one but Jesus promises we never walk alone.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2013 02:02 PM

Read your response and all the other people on this string...WOW! You gave very good advice. It is always good to know that ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR THE GOOD TO THOSE THAT LOVE THE LORD AND ARE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE. We can only control our own actions with the help of the Holy Spirit but as we do we can be assured God will be our strong defender and fortress and make a way out. In my case, God redfied what was intentionaly wrought as an evil purpose and allowed me to be used to bring the truth to light and correct deficiencies within brothes and sisters serving wit unclean hands. Praise God that now many things have come out from my experience...even including a couple church leaders and pastors who had not been speaking the truth and finally were convicted in their spirits and admitted to lying. The Cristian walk is not an easy one but Jesus promises we never walk alone.

ALLEN_GOD

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Sep, 2013 01:05 PM

GGOD WORD MY SIS...WAS SCAMMED AS WELL AND THE HOLY GHOST(HE KNOWS ALL)EXPOSED IT BEFORE IT WENT TO FAR....BE BLESSED,DEN

Page : 1 2