Author Thread: Should the girl make the first move?
Admin

Should the girl make the first move?
Posted : 6 Oct, 2009 09:00 PM

I'm pretty sure this guy is interested in me but he won't make a move...I'm sure he's just shy but maybe there really isn't anything there. So guys: do you make the first move and introduce yourself, or have patience and see what comes of it?

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2009 04:45 PM

Really, what is there to lose?

If God is who He says He is, will he really allow you to botch up something that pleases Him?

Go for it!

P

lordsgirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Nov, 2009 08:37 PM

I would strike up a conversation on a class topic and ask open ended questions where he won't just answer with yes or no.

If he doesn't respond to that, he may be interested in you but may already be involved with someone else and cant make a move.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Nov, 2009 12:11 PM

Thank you Lordsgirl! I think that's a really good idea...I'll have to try it next class :)

vkjewell

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Nov, 2009 02:57 PM

I just wonder . . . if a guy won't face this small fear, would he take a bullet for me? Would he be the guy I could trust if I end up with altzheimers at 77? (Some say I'm half way there:ROFL:)

At their core, women were and are created to be responders. We can "sear' our nature just as we can "sear" our conscience to accommodate the current cultural climate; but it does not change the essence of who and how were designed by God to be. We want to know that we are wanted; and we want to see this from the start.

If we Christian women have any compassion at all, we will respond to each and every 'first move', even if just to say thank you for taking the time to say hello.

If I can gently disagree with Mark, women are not emotionally equipped to develop friendships with other men except as frienship develops in a dating to be married context. This is a heartbreak waiting to happen.

Respectfully ~

v jewell

Well, there should be plenty

lyonessC

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jan, 2010 10:26 AM

I'm a bit ole school...I agree with the other ladies...men should definitely make the first move.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 May, 2010 08:58 AM

If it wasn't for the class, should I have said that it can be age limit that am set or something else set that make him not could write to you.

It have happen for me that I have written a long letter and then find out that he was younger than what I had put on for mailing me.

But that is when I write about something else than to be together.

I don't write to him first when it's about dating someone. I like to be the hunted one because I think it's what God want us to be.

I want to be a little submissive in a relationship and I show it immidetly by let him take contact first.

I think it's a generation question, that younger women want to take control over their own life.

I have been the husband and wife in my old household but now do I want to rest from that stress it gives me. I try now to be more laid back and enjoy every day as it comes and let my man do more than I ALLOWED him to do before I was born again.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jul, 2010 04:42 AM

I understand what you said and agree that I like to be hunted; but I do sometimes strike up a conversation first; just to let him know I'm there. I also think that if Ruth had not been so bold, Boaz would never have met her; I am looking for Boaz, so does that mean i have to make the first move?

funNabq

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Aug, 2010 06:24 AM

I seems like in this town, many men aren't willing to mke the first move for some reason, or is it me?

Page : 1 2 3