Author Thread: Do you pray at Burger King?
Admin

Do you pray at Burger King?
Posted : 8 Oct, 2009 05:23 AM

Just wanted some opinnions on public prayer.When do you do it?When do you not do it,and the reasons why.

In Christ

Steve

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Oct, 2009 06:25 AM

I pray in public. Not because I want to come off as "Godly" to others or to remind other people to pray, but I pray because someone that I have never met made the food I'm about to put in my mouth and I'd really like God to be bless it before I eat it.

It's more of a safety thing. Lol

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Oct, 2009 11:04 AM

dear folks, linnie lol.. good thought there..

and man i know we should give thanks each time we sit down to eat.. i find that i do forget to sometimes.. specially when im very hungry.. just wanna stuff that food down my gullet hehe.. my bad though.. nice reminder thanks..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Oct, 2009 05:22 PM

Sure, being careful to avoid the Pharisee on the street corner model.

Just a quiet thank you brings focus back to my day.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Oct, 2009 07:20 AM

Yes, but like Linnie said, nothing showy. Just a quick "bless this food that someone may or may not have spit in...and especially bless the tomatoes that are probably half fish". I do forget sometimes though. "The humanity".

:peace::peace:

oneway

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Oct, 2009 07:06 PM

I pray no matter where I am with a grateful heart being keenly aware that everything I have comes from the Lord.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Oct, 2009 11:55 PM

In the past, I've prayed before every single meal I ate simply because that is what I was taught to do. After I started to draw closer to God, though, I fell away from praying at every single meal, because I was only praying out of instinct. I was praying just to be praying, not to earnestly talk with God. So for me, the struggle wasn't so much when do I pray as much as it was to make sure I was earnestly praying. Not sure if that really answered your question, now that I think about it. lol

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Oct, 2009 02:10 PM

I used to pray with every meal.then it became habit so I stopped.I think from now on I will start to pray for my meals again.Change your praer habits keep it from becoming old.A friend toldme he prays after the meal.If it is no good why bless it he said.Just a passing thought........

What do you think man of god?

I noticed that one of my post got your attention do not worry,I just smiled,ok.Dennis