Author Thread: Remember the news media is trying to create a story!
TravisjustTravis

View Profile
History
Remember the news media is trying to create a story!
Posted : 26 Sep, 2022 05:41 PM

'The news' that the mainstream media is reporting on should be known as 'Their news', because their news is quite diffrent from the news.

Proverbs 18:17

In a lawsuit the first to speak seems right, until someone comes forward and cross-examines.

-Regions vote on joining Russia, Putin orders a draft- https://www.npr.org/2022/09/26/1124114574/ukraine-war-updates-regions-vote-on-joining-russia-putin-orders-a-draft-sept-26

Lets put some pieces together before we react to 'their news'

Can the Canadian military walk into the city of Detroit Michigan, and at gun point, force Detroit residents to vote to leave The United States? I am not a huge expert in the laws that govern a countries borders but I dont think that a countries border line is determined by a vote.

Putin says parts of Ukraine have been Russian since ‘time immemorial.’ https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2022/was-ukraine-part-of-russia/

I have pictures that show that some of opposition forces in the ukrain are fighting under a 'natzi' flag. I heard that the Russians were giving the citizens of Ukraine care packages. The way that I understand things is Putin is protecting the citizens of Russia (because parts of Ukraine belong to the country of Russia.

When I asked a computer search engine 'why would Putin use nukes in Ukraine'...I got a bunch of what I might call double speak (many words were used, but the question was not really answered)

--Why would Putin use nukes? Because he doesn't accept the rational calculus of nuclear deterrence. Because uncertainty — the "sine qua non" of all war — is his friend. Because the West — and NATO in...--

-First, and increasingly popular amongst Ukrainians and Americans, is the argument that Putin is evil. That he has no restraints on his behavior. That he is knowingly engaged in genocide against the Ukrainian people. And that, therefore, using nukes is no big deal for someone who will kill anyone that gets in his way.

Second, and popular early in the conflict, is the argument that Putin is insane. Or maybe dying from some illness. So, for psychological or physiological reasons, he does not understand that the use of nuclear weapons could well spell the end of humankind. This argument was foreshadowed in Michael Honig’s satire “The Senility of Vladimir P.”

A third argument is that Putin is rational, but he lacks sufficient information to make a clear-sighted calculation of the risks of triggering nuclear war. He lives in an information bubble of his own choosing, this argument goes, and doesn’t understand that the West will indeed retaliate against Russia for a nuclear strike.

A fourth argument is that the logic of escalation will inexorably drive Putin to launch nuclear weapons as Russia continues to underperform in the Ukrainian war. As Russia does worse and worse in Ukraine, this argument goes, Putin is more and more likely to use nukes. And once a war between Russia and the West in Europe has begun to employ nuclear weapons, strategists and military commanders alike have long recognized that escalation is virtually impossible to control. The BBC’s 2016 docudrama, “World War 3: Inside the War Room,” demonstrates how this chilling logic might play out, using an example from the Baltics.

For me, though, the argument for why Putin would use nukes comes from a Belgian peasant, who saw Napoleon reviewing troops just before Waterloo. This anecdote was shared by Philip Windsor, an academic and intellectual mentor who taught me strategy at the London School of Economics back in the day.- https://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/3274201-would-putin-use-nukes/