Author Thread: Tip #10 God can give you someone beyond your wildest dreams
Fireprooof^

View Profile
History
Tip #10 God can give you someone beyond your wildest dreams
Posted : 31 Dec, 2022 02:46 PM

Our dreams (and knowledge) are too limited. Just think back 10 years ago. We say stuff like "if I only knew then what I know now."

Theres a study that shows people becoming stagnant over the years. We can become complacent. We need to challenge our mind to learn new skills. This constant learning helps us prevent dementia (and boredom) as well.

When we keep seeking God, we definitely get out of our comfort zone. God teaches us to learn more, to love more, discern more, and pray more. And we need that (and more) to be in a healthy marriage. Soon, we may find ourselves saying " Lord I never asked or imagined those 1000 beautiful things in a mate, yet you gave me this person. Thank you Father! You're the best Matchmaker!!!"

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Tip #10 God can give you someone beyond your wildest dreams
Posted : 13 Jan, 2023 11:27 AM

FP: Our dreams (and knowledge) are too limited. Just think back 10 years ago. We say stuff like "if I only knew then what I know now."

L’D: you’re right. We seriously limit ourselves by our own willful ignorance. Hopefully mistakes made in our youth will be used to make us wise IF we resist willful ignorance, (the kind that got us messed up in the first place). One good thing however, assuming we continue to learn in humility, God will judge us only on the information we had at the time.

FP: Theres a study that shows people becoming stagnant over the years. We can become complacent. We need to challenge our mind to learn new skills. This constant learning helps us prevent dementia (and boredom) as well.

L’D: No doubt. Same thing goes for spiritual stagnation as well. When our love for God grows cold we become complacent and unwise (stupid). But there’s no boredom seeking God‼️Challenging: just when you think you’ve “arrived” spiritually you meet a test of life that proves otherwise.

FP:When we keep seeking God, we definitely get out of our comfort zone. God teaches us to learn more, to love more, discern more, and pray more. And we need that (and more) to be in a healthy marriage. Soon, we may find ourselves saying " Lord I never asked or imagined those 1000 beautiful things in a mate, yet you gave me this person. Thank you Father! You're the best Matchmaker!!!"

L’D: God uses a mate to make us more like himself. Often this occurs when God exposes us to our weaknesses and our lack of love. Marriage is difficult. All the time we think we love and serve God. But God reveals our hidden pride and our lack of love for both God AND for the people we claim to love. Nothing does that better than marrying our cherished mate, so get married and humbly take the test☺️😇