Author Thread: Traditional vs Feminist Women
Alex58

View Profile
History
Traditional vs Feminist Women
Posted : 15 Feb, 2023 06:12 AM

Do men prefer nowadays Traditional or Feminist women from a Christian's perspective?

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Feb, 2023 06:25 AM

As a woman, I'm not sure what Christian men prefer. I'm sure they not all alike. :⁠-⁠). Speaking From my experience .

Beltheshazzar01^

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Feb, 2023 06:59 AM

Feminism is a demonic ideology incompatible with Christianity, let that be your first clue.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Feb, 2023 08:59 AM

Article

What does the Bible say about feminism?

Bible feminism, Christian feminist

The modern concept of feminism was not present during the time that the Bible was written, but that does not mean the Bible has nothing to say on the basic issues of feminism. Even when the Scriptures seem to be silent on something that affects us today, there are eternal principles that speak to the underlying issue.

First, we should define feminism, since the term can have different meanings for different people. Basically, feminism is a philosophy that advocates equal rights for women and men—socially, politically, economically, and in other ways. Early feminists fought for and won suffrage for women. Today’s feminism goes further than demanding equal treatment of men and women, however. Modern feminists fight for abortion on demand, language equality (insisting on saying “chairperson” instead of “chairman,” for example), and the blurring of gender lines. The more radical feminists actively seek to overthrow any vestige of male dominance in society, oppose the biblical roles of husbands and wives, and promote lesbianism. Radical feminists deny there is any difference between men and women, teaching that any perceived differences between the sexes are due solely to social conditioning.

Modern feminism is a counterfeit solution to the real issue of the inequality of women in a sinful society. Feminism arrogates to itself the right to demand respect and equality in every aspect of life. Feminism is based in arrogance, and it is the opposite of the call to the born-again believer to be a servant. The modern, militant feminists call women to rise up and rebel against the order that God has given to humankind. That brand of feminism seeks to impose humanistic values in direct opposition to the Word of God. Feminism was originally a positive movement, focused on giving women the basic rights God intends for every human being to have. Tragically, feminism now focuses on destroying distinctions in the roles of men and women.

What then should be a Christian’s view of feminism? A believing woman who is seeking to obey God and walk in peace and grace should remember that she has equal access to all spiritual blessings in Christ. “There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus” (Galatians 3:28). A believing woman should not allow herself to be used as a pawn in the worldly agenda of the feminist movement. A believing man should uphold the nuclear family as the biblical model for society, promote true Christian values, and (if he’s married) honor and cherish his wife and take responsibility for protecting and providing for his family. Both men and women have a God-given privilege to fulfill the plan He has set for us. Rebellion against that plan and the arrogance that seeks to put self above God’s Word brings difficult consequences. We see those consequences in damaged relationships between husbands and wives, the destruction of the family, and the loss of respect for human life.

Many women today have bought into the lie that feminism will empower and free them. However, rallying for abortion, dispensing with God-given roles, and working to dismantle the family unit will bring neither power nor freedom. Protection of the innocent, obedience to God’s Word, and fortification of the family are much more empowering and freeing. “I will walk in freedom,” says the psalmist, “for I have devoted myself to your commandments” (Psalm 119:45).

There has always been inequality in the world. It is sad but true that artificial barriers have always divided humanity—barriers that have no basis in God’s Word. It is sin in the heart that causes inequality, sin that causes some men to treat women in demeaning or objectifying ways. And it is sin that seeks counterfeit solutions to counteract these inequalities. The only cure for discrimination and inequality is obedience to God. If men and women would humbly submit to God’s Word, then striving would cease, the genders would complement each other, and the harmony that God ordained would flourish.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Feb, 2023 09:01 AM

Fyi

Every Man is not threaten by a Strong willed Woman!

Psalm621^

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Mar, 2023 05:47 AM

I see a few of these discussions on this platform. I could take it one of many ways. I even read a 'sister' who berated 'independent' women saying "most of them are still single". as if this is some kind of insult - well, we're used to this insult from the world but shouldn't be coming from fellow Christians, considering what Paul wrote about singleness.

Well, there may be some truth in this.I am 54 and still single. I'm also an abuse survivor which probably also has a lot to do with it. I don't understand why God allows some of us to suffer more than others, or why some of us have to carry more. I know that suffering has forged my character and that it's often required to follow Christ.

marriage is difficult or can b blissful - singleness is difficult or can be blissful. it's easy to look from 'one side of the fence' and imagine someone else somehow has it easier. The truth is, in this fallen world, in the human condition - none of us has it easier, even if it seems so.

God has made me a teacher - I look after everyone else's children, 30 at a time, on a daily basis, more of a 'mother' than some of the biological ones I see unfortunately, yet do not have my own family. If you're saying a 'feminist' is a woman who can have her own thoughts and opinions, livelihood, and create a safe space for her own home, without the fear of domestic violence or abuse, then yes that is feminism.

I am a bible believing Christan, who cares about what God says about men and women and their various roles.

If you want a 'traditional' woman then specify this in our preferences, but don't berate single professional women, who remain faithful in Christ.

Psalm621^

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Mar, 2023 05:48 AM

amen

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 01:07 AM

So much of our communication depends on how we define the terms we use and the context in which they are spoken. I even read a 'sister' who berated 'independent' women saying "most of them are still single". as if this is some kind of insult - well, we're used to this insult from the world but shouldn't be coming from fellow Christians, considering what Paul wrote about singleness.

an abuse survivor which probably also has a lot to do with it. I don't understand why God allows some of us to suffer more than others, or why some of us have to carry more. I know that suffering has forged my character and that it's often required to follow Christ.

marriage is difficult or can b blissful - singleness is difficult or can be blissful. it's easy to look from 'one side of the fence' and imagine someone else somehow has it easier. The truth is, in this fallen world, in the human condition - none of us has it easier, even if it seems so.

woman who can have her own thoughts and opinions

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 01:50 AM

BIG WHOOPS‼️‼️‼️‼️

I thought pressing “cancel message” meant CANCEL message—as in deleting message. Lesson learned—never press cancel to delete—apparently cancel, on here, means the same as “send message” 🤔

Anyway, my original intent was to copy your message and react to certain parts of it before intelligently revising my remarks for publication but obviously and EMBARRASSINGLY that didn’t happen—after all, I’m responding to a teacher and of course l didn’t want to come across as being too unpolished LOL!

Anyway, just wanted to say, nothing wrong with a biblically independent proffessional woman having her own biblically orientated opinions. A good example of that might be the Proverbs woman.

Also, nothing is wrong with the kind of godly singleness described by the Apostle Paul.

You’re right, many times we don’t understand God’s purposes in allowing suffering—Job didn’t either. In regard to Job’s suffering we have the advantage of divine revelation. Job may never have known about Satan’s meetings with God—perhaps not at that time. But the most important take away from Job’s horrific experience is his faith and trust in God (ultimately initiated by God’s personal work of sanctification in Job). Conclusion: God’s work of sanctification and purification cannot be destroyed by Satan.

And that also speaks to your tragic experiences as an abuse survivor. The fact you still trust in the Sovereign God of creation despite your Job-like experience speaks volumes. Clearly Satan did not succeed in destroying the sanctifying work of God in your life throughout those difficult days.

Having said all that, I assume you are a true worshiper of God and that Jesus Christ is your only Lord and Master.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 01:58 AM

BIG WHOOPS‼️‼️‼️‼️

I thought pressing “cancel message” meant CANCEL message—as in deleting message. Lesson learned—never press cancel to delete—apparently cancel, on here, means the same as “send message” 🤔

Anyway, my original intent was to copy your message and react to certain parts of it before intelligently revising my remarks for publication but obviously and EMBARRASSINGLY that didn’t happen—after all, I’m responding to a teacher and of course l didn’t want to come across as being too unpolished LOL!

Anyway, just wanted to say, nothing wrong with a biblically independent proffessional woman having her own biblically orientated opinions. A good example of that might be the Proverbs woman.

Also, nothing is wrong with the kind of godly singleness described by the Apostle Paul.

You’re right, many times we don’t understand God’s purposes in allowing suffering—Job didn’t either. In regard to Job’s suffering we have the advantage of divine revelation. Job may never have known about Satan’s meetings with God—perhaps not at that time. But the most important take away from Job’s horrific experience is his faith and trust in God (ultimately initiated by God’s personal work of sanctification in Job). Conclusion: God’s work of sanctification and purification cannot be destroyed by Satan.

And that also speaks to your tragic experiences as an abuse survivor. The fact you still trust in the Sovereign God of creation despite your Job-like experience speaks volumes. Clearly Satan did not succeed in destroying the sanctifying work of God in your life throughout those difficult days.

Having said all that, I assume you are a true worshiper of God and that Jesus Christ is your only Lord and Master.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 02:05 AM

Another whoops—a double copy whoops. Oh well😇😉

Page : 1 2