Author Thread: What is love?
Destiny_1967^

View Profile
History
What is love?
Posted : 17 Feb, 2023 12:49 PM

Too many people, and I state without pedantry, pride or speaking from a position of true particular knowledge or grandeur, do not know and do not understand what love is.

For them, love is a frivolity and the burning fire of passion, that's why their ruptures are so numerous.

Some were not educated and built up on love when they grew up.

Many parents today do not teach their children to love by example and too many men, never saw their fathers treat their mothers with love, kindness and respect.

Likewise, too many women growing up, have never seen their mothers treat their fathers with love, respect and dignity.

That is why we have a world full of men and women who are unable to treat with love, kindness and respect, the partner they say they love.

We need parents to nurture and guide our children and most importantly to teach basic values of honesty and integrity.

We have adults who are terribly emotionally unbalanced, as they don't know that love is more than a feeling, love is more than attraction, a passion or frivolity.

Love is a commitment you make to someone, that's why we don't say "I love you" like that, on the fly.

Love isn't a game it's serious!! Those who take love as gambling actually show that they know nothing about love!! In addition, too many people are imbued with the false and twisted image of love that we see around us.

where we see most of the time only fire of passion, frivolity, sexual frenzy. Let people understand once and for all that, from the moment a man as well as a woman says "I love you", it is a commitment that he or she makes!! That said, "I love you" means: I am committed to loving you, I am committed to respecting you.

I pledge to treat you with respect on a daily basis. I pledge to behave with you as I want people to behave with me. I pledge to give you what I want to be given. I pledge to do for you what I want to be done for me. I pledge to do to you what I want to be done to me. I pledge not to do to you what I don't want to be done to me. That's what true love is!! And too many people ignore it terribly. Let both single men and women who want to live a life as a couple understand once and for all that love is a commitment and act accordingly. Otherwise, let them remain single until death.

There is no point in getting together with the daughter of others and making her suffer. Yes, there is no point in getting together with someone else's son and causing him to have a stroke.

Let those who consider love as a game and not as a commitment, remain alone until their deaths. Thus, innocent men and women will be spared unnecessary suffering caused by devils and demons who understand nothing about true love.‎

There will always be someone better than you, stronger than you, smarter than you. Be happy with what you have without losing your stride to better yourself each day.

Mr_Galen

View Profile
History
What is love?
Posted : 17 Feb, 2023 02:20 PM

For more on the study of love, see The Four Loves by C S Lewis, free on Faded Page. (For US and other copyrighted countries, view, don't download)

https://www.fadedpage.com/showbook.php?pid=20140721

TRUUST

View Profile
History
What is love?
Posted : 20 Feb, 2023 04:55 PM

So true dear brothers!!!!!!!Amen!!!!!💝🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏☀🌄🏡🌳

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
What is love?
Posted : 21 Feb, 2023 10:37 AM

A person who has true love (Gods love) keeps forgiving others and is patient and kind. It doesn’t falsely accuse nor does it ignore people who offend it

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
What is love?
Posted : 21 Feb, 2023 10:54 AM

If anyone wants to know what love is, then, look to the ONE who IS the maker and perfecter of love. Here’s want he says about true love.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7—4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

PEOPLE ARE MOST LIKE GOD in his purest form of love WHEN THEY FORGIVE OTHER people—IN THE THE SAME WAY GOD has FORGIVEN them‼️‼️‼️

When God forgives people he doesn’t the ignore the people he forgives

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Some people on this forum seem to think they can ignore God’s commands to love while holding on to bitterness and anger toward their own brothers and sisters in Christ‼️‼️‼️😢

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
What is love?
Posted : 23 Feb, 2023 12:30 PM

Yes, I’m still working on it 😢

GodGirl00

View Profile
History
What is love?
Posted : 15 Dec, 2023 04:14 PM

God is Love. True love is unconditional. Lust is fleeting. If it lasts and is long suffering it is love. It's more than a feeling. It's a choice and a willing commitment.