Author Thread: Eternity
Shaggy70

View Profile
History
Eternity
Posted : 7 Mar, 2023 10:16 AM

Who here thinks mates should be together for eternity? I believe when you meet your true mate and you grow with each other mutually with Faith then you will meet God at death and be together for eternity.

I'm currently arguing with a woman of Faith who believes that when we die all that matters is our love for God. I'm arguing that surely we are not placed on Earth, find a mate, fall in love and at death that is all gone? Am I correct, we will be together for eternity or is our love for God the only thing which will remain?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Eternity
Posted : 7 Mar, 2023 12:40 PM

I think many people like the idea of spending eternity with their romantic partner, but there's nothing that I've read in scripture that supports that notion...:-)

Alligator

View Profile
History
Eternity
Posted : 15 Mar, 2023 09:33 AM

No that it not correct. its your love of JESUS and doing all the things he requires of you that gets you eternity in heaven. loving a human being does not qualify. if your partner is a "good person". that does not put you together for eternity.

Matthew 22:30, in which Jesus tells a group of questioners, "At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.” this is earth and we have relationships. Our job in heaven is not earthly marriage - it is exalting Christ.