Author Thread: What do you think is a good time-line for on-line dating?
SamaritanWmn

View Profile
History
What do you think is a good time-line for on-line dating?
Posted : 20 May, 2008 04:52 PM

I'm just curious what other Christians think is a good time line on on-line dating. As far as how long do you exchange e-mails then go to chatting then exchange phone numbers. I know it probably depend on the circumstance but I remember exchanging numbers with someone who I chatted with for a week and he referred to someone he only chatted for one time and she was asking for his phone number which lead me to think, what is considered "fast" on-line. Obviously, you wouldn't make arrangements to meet with someone you just met on-line but what do you think would be a safe guide-line?? Also, keep in mind, I used to (BC days - before Christ) be addicted to on-line dating and I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. But I was the one who got excited if someone did want to meet the same day since I was SO spontaneous and all of course there was never a love connection and fortunately God was watching over me and I was never in danger but I can tell you this one man (personal trainer) trained me a couple times and we went out on a couple dates then I rec'd a phone call from his wife. Yes, guess what she was a very spiritual woman with whom I told everything to. Yes, God intervened fortunately I did have serious feelings for the guy but unfortunately I think it was the end of his marriage as it was the 3-4th time she caught him cheating. Anyway, I just thought I would share that bit of background. So since I am saved I let God guide me and use discernment but would like to hear what others have to say about the subject. He lives, Samaritan Woman.

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jun, 2008 01:02 AM

Im not sure there is a right time line....some people will not write messages back and forth, they only want to talk on the phone,,,, i guess they have to like your voice or it would never work,,,,:rocknroll:

I am deffinately looking for friendship first and to find out as much as I can about the other individual,,,, from there who knows,,,,,,,,,, Bruce,,,,,,,,,,,:peace: o u t !!!!,,,

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jun, 2008 01:09 AM

wow,, after reading your post again I didnt realize there was such a thing as online dating addiction,,,, wow,,, Im almost 50 ands still learning,,,,,

+++ Guess the learning will never end,,, look what we have to learn when we get to heaven,,, I even have to learn to answer to my new name.,,,W:rolleyes::rolleyes:dr:rolleyes:w

,,,,,,,,,,, Bruce,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :peace: out !!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jun, 2008 02:31 PM

Sometimes the phone is because we don't like to or can't type well. Open communication and honesty:applause:

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Oct, 2009 08:42 PM

That is a really good question. I'm still not sure but I'll share my experience. i met this fellow online of course, adn we talked and texted for about 2 weeks before we met. now bear in mind that we had hiit off really well until we met in person. I knew as soon as he saw me he was disapointed. It was a very distressing incident but what i think it taught me is u really can't tell that much froma photo. And there are some things that only the physical presence can commuicate.