Author Thread: Series on the book of Isaiah
Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Series on the book of Isaiah
Posted : 17 Jun, 2023 05:25 PM

I am going to start a series on the book of Isaiah. Here's the major themes from Dr. David Jeremiah's Study Bible: 1. Warning, Judgment and Restoration. 2. Suffering Servant and Coming King. 3. Where it All Begins. I pray that this series will all point us to Jesus, the fulfillment of all Old Testament Prophecies in Jesus' name.

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jul, 2023 04:01 PM

I just got done with chapters 60 through 64 and here's the themes:

1. The Gentiles Bless Zion. 2. The Good News of Salvation. 3. Assurance of Zion's Salvation. 4. The LORD in Judgment and Salvation. 5. God's Mercy Remembered. 6. A Prayer of Penitence. What do these themes have to do with how they apply to our practical everyday lives? Jesus came to save us from our sin and repair our broken lives. But we need to come to Him with repentant hearts and repentance isn't just a one time thing, it is a daily thing. Keep your accounts with God and others in short order, that is what Scripture says and don't let sin go unchecked with Jesus and others, that is very dangerous. I pray we take sin seriously as Christians and have a healthy reverence and fear for God, what Christ did on the cross was very expensive, it cost Him His life. There is no such thing as cheap grace.

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jul, 2023 06:13 PM

I just got done with chapters 65 and 66 and here's the themes: 1. The Righteousness of God's Judgment. 2. The Glorious New Creation. 3. True Worship and False. 4. The LORD Vindicates Zion. 5. The Reign and Indignation of God. How do all these themes apply to our lives today? First, these passages should create a healthy fear of God in all we do and say. Second, these passages remind us that heaven is our final home not this earth and the new heavens and new earth mentioned in Revelation 21 and 22. Our priorities as Christians should be heavenly priorities not earthly in Jesus' name. PRAISE THE LORD THAT I'M DONE WITH ISAIAH, YAY!!!

Page : 1 2