Author Thread: πŸ€”πŸ€” what are the essentials of the christian faith ❓❓
homelesschristian

View Profile
History
πŸ€”πŸ€” what are the essentials of the christian faith ❓❓
Posted : 5 Feb, 2024 11:39 AM

The essentials of the Christian faith basically refers to the core foundational beliefs of Christianity. Even when intending to join a church it is important for every Christian to know the essential beliefs of that particular church and compare if thos

The essentials of the Christian faith refer to the following:

1. The deity of Christ

2. Man is sinful and in need of salvation

3. Salvation is by God’s grace through faith and not by works

4. Salvation is through Jesus Christ alone

5. The Resurrection of Jesus Christ

6. God is one and exists in 3 Persons; The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit

7. The Authority of the Scriptures as the word of God

πŸ™‚πŸ™‚ so let's start with this πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰

1. The Deity of Jesus Christ

It is essential for Christians to believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ. Throughout the Bible there are many verses about Jesus that refer to Him as being God and having God’s full attributes. Here are some of the Bible verses that prove the deity of Christ:

Jesus & The Father are ONE

John 10:30-33 (NKJV) – β€œI and My Father are one.” Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, β€œMany good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” The Jews answered Him, saying, β€œFor a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

We can learn from John 10:30-33 that Jesus indeed claimed to be God. When Jesus said that He and the Father are one, He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and have the same attributes. The Jews clearly understood what He meant when Jesus said that He is one with the Father. This is why they responded in an attempt to stone Him and accusing Him of blasphemy they said β€œβ€¦ You, being a Man, make Yourself God”. The Jews knew that Jesus was saying that He is God.

Jesus is I AM

John 8:58 (NKJV) – Jesus said to them, β€œMost assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

When Jesus said these statements in John 8:58, the Jews responded again by attempting to stone Him. Again, the Jews knew exactly what Jesus was saying; Jesus was saying that He was God. Jesus was equating His declaration of being I AM with what God told Moses in Exodus 3:14 and the Jews understood His statement but they refused to accept it. Therefore Jesus was not only saying that He existed before Abraham but He was saying that He has always and eternally existed just as God is self-existing and eternal.

Jesus is God Who Became Flesh

John 1:1-2, 14 – In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God… And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 1:1-2 & 14 also explains the deity of Jesus. It proves that Jesus Christ is the Word who was not only with God but that He was God who became flesh and dwelt among us.

1 Timothy 3:16 also says the following: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

1 Timothy 3:16 proves again by saying that β€œGod was manifested in the flesh” meaning that Jesus Christ is God who came in human form.

Jesus is Worshipped as God

John 20:28 – And Thomas answered and said to Him, β€œMy Lord and my God!”

Jesus did not refuse worship and He did not rebuke anyone for worshipping Him. Jesus accepted worship while at the same time teaching people to only worship God. Here are some Bible verses where Jesus was worshiped:

Matthew 14:33; Luke 24:52; John 9:35-38; Matthew 28:9,17; Matthew 2:11

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2024 03:07 PM

Abraham believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness.

Without faith, it is impossible to please God.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Mar, 2024 11:16 AM

Faith is not just using your logic.

A personal relationship with Christ is what a person should pray for .

Wisdom comes from God .