Author Thread: The Shack By Young
Admin

The Shack By Young
Posted : 25 Oct, 2009 04:10 PM

Very good Christian fiction. This person had to have been lead by the H.S., to have written this. May change some people view of God or their theology. It confirms the fact that Religion is man made and really not of God, but that Relationship is of God. We need to be more loving and into Relationships with our fellow man then into Religion.

Praise God for having people write such good books, even fiction that causes us to THINK.:applause:

jenchickee

View Profile
History
The Shack By Young
Posted : 19 Jan, 2010 06:39 PM

Hi Cat.

I LOVED The Shack. Lots of controversy though. Its not biblically sound. And I agree with that. However, it IS a great book about relationship.

Many have said, "Oh, it makes God a woman." But they didn't read far enough to see what happens at the end. And its only fiction. Its' FICTION people!

My take on all this is: I wouldn't suggest it to a non-believer. It could steer them wrong.

The Shack is the best Christian Fiction I have read in a very long time.

The review: http://www.wretchedradio.com/pdf/shack_geisler.pdf

ShrewdDove

View Profile
History
The Shack By Young
Posted : 13 Feb, 2010 10:22 AM

I'm half way through it, and I can't bring myself to pick it back up. I'm not concerned with whatever controversy surrounds it or that they made God a woman. What bothers me about it is the "wordbarfing." Obviously this isn't a term used by scholars, but it's the term I use when I see pages and pages filled with things that could be summed up much more coherently in a much shorter fashion.

Christian fiction REALLY doesn't trip my trigger anyway. The Shack is lucky that I even got halfway through. lol

Sheena19

View Profile
History
The Shack By Young
Posted : 12 Aug, 2011 07:51 PM

LOVED it; it was so inspirational. Didn't know about any of the controversy until after I read it, so I went into it with an open mind and finished it with an open heart. It's an amazing read.

View Profile
History
The Shack By Young
Posted : 9 Oct, 2014 03:23 PM

I know this is an old thread, but old things aren't so bad are they?

I'm reading The Shack. I knew the controversy about it and decided it wasn't something I needed to read. Then my pastor said he read it and it changed his ministry. He's paying a price for it. I decided to give it a read before outright rejecting the book and my pastor.

I'm about half way through it and I'm loving it.

It is a great allegory and it could become a Christian standard along the lines of Christian's Progress.

What I like most about it is HOW I read the Bible now. Reading the Scripture using the paradigm presented in The Shack makes the Word speak with new life. Don't get me wrong. The Scriptures haven't changed, just the lens I use when reading them.

I will give an update when I'm done.

View Profile
History
The Shack By Young
Posted : 13 Oct, 2014 11:18 AM

A good read. It provides a good response to why God allows evil in the world.