Author Thread: Interracial Dating?
openminded2009

View Profile
History
Interracial Dating?
Posted : 31 Oct, 2009 06:55 AM

Is it really not biblical to date someone of a different race? I am asking because it seems there are connections sometimes but when the individual finds out the person is of another race, they totally stop communicating...why is that?

I was just wondering if it was a sin and do we have to match skin color?? I am open to date/marry any race, but wow the pickings sure are slim....

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Interracial Dating?
Posted : 31 Oct, 2009 02:59 PM

Honestly, I have never seen anything on this that says it is wrong, in fact, I would think the opposite, for the Lord created us all and LOVES us all, so if anything, He has the top card on inter racial love.

Racism is a form of hate, that doesn't come from God. I am certain there are many Wonderful Christian inter racial couples, for I have met some.

I think people in general are uncomfortable with it because we are creatures of habit and love what we know, and things that are different are not what we are familiar with. I think with inter racial relationships comes a difference in things like food and culture, there are different ways of saying and doing things that are not "familiar" to us, and satan uses that which is outside our comfort zone and exploits it.

All who Love and Fear the Lord and desire to be under the realm of His Loving protection, are His children. If our spirit has a color, it would be my guess that it is more about the condition of our hearts than the condition of our skin.

Tarasye

openminded2009

View Profile
History
Interracial Dating?
Posted : 31 Oct, 2009 04:58 PM

Amen and amen....

View Profile
History
Interracial Dating?
Posted : 31 Oct, 2009 05:12 PM

dear folks,

acts 17:26 And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings,

as you can see the verse above tells us that we all came from one blood, the same blood. the exact same. that verse spoke to me sometime back. and well quite a realization.. that no matter what the color of your skin is or what language you speak or where you come from. we all are family.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Interracial Dating?
Posted : 31 Oct, 2009 08:46 PM

I agree cattleman! :applause:

View Profile
History
Interracial Dating?
Posted : 1 Nov, 2009 12:55 AM

dear tabs, smilers..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Interracial Dating?
Posted : 1 Nov, 2009 03:54 AM

i was raised that i should never ever date a black man. i knew it was wrong from the first time i heard it. i have 3 children and from the time they were little bitty i always told them that i dont care who they date, love, marry, as long as he or she was good to them. they could be purple or green and i wouldn't care. since that time though, my parents thoughts have changed Thank God.

My ex-husband talked so much trash to me when my daughter started dating a beautiful young black man. it was so hurtful to me to hear the things he said and i know it was for this young man. all parents would wish their daughter had someone that was as good to their daughter as he was to my daughter. he will always have a special place in my heart and i hope that one day (now is too soon as they are just out of high school) their paths will cross again. i love this young man so much.

In the Bible, Acts 17:26 KJV is the following:

And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

my point is the "one blood" part of that verse. if you believe what the Bible says. God doesn't look at our color, He looks at our heart.

It is my hope that some day all this will end. I guess though it wont until He comes again and sets up his kingdom.

xxooxx

wanda

View Profile
History
Interracial Dating?
Posted : 1 Nov, 2009 04:49 AM

My prayer has been and will continue to be for hearts to change.

View Profile
History
Interracial Dating?
Posted : 2 Nov, 2009 11:48 AM

Hi Everyone,

There is nothing biblically wrong with interracial dating and marrying. Moses married an Ethiopian woman and actually caught some grief over it from Aaron and Marian.

This is simply a personal preference. If someone is not attracted to someone of another race that is not racism but merely "preference".

Some people prefer Blonds, some Brunettes and some Red heads. Men who are athletic usually prefer women who are also in good shape. Some men like short women and some like tall women. These are merely preferences. Some men are more attracted to Anglo women, some Asian and some prefer Latin while others prefer women of color and some don't care either way.

I do think we tend to stay within parameters that we are more comfortable with and also there are cultural considerations.

I think each culture, each race have a sense of pride,(non-sinful type) of their people. As such I think we tend to marry people who are more like ourselves and as such when we have children we tend to want them to look like ourselves. When you see my daughter and my son you can say they look like they are mine because they do look like me and a bit like their mother too lol. There is a sense of parental pride that comes from that. It is natural. I know and have met people from every race and they all feel the very same way. It is natural.

For those who choose to date and marry different races then that is your choice. It is neither inferior nor superior. It does not prove that one is not prejudice. It is merely a preference, a free will choice.

Blessings!

Walter

CNYDesigner

View Profile
History
Interracial Dating?
Posted : 4 Nov, 2009 01:04 PM

I agree with you walter. People seem to have preferences.. its called attraction. However for Christians, they should follow what the bible tells us. Ye be not unequally yoked with the unbelievers. What righteous have with unrighteous? Ok,.. What that verse is saying, does not matter what color the person is. It is the spiritual walk you need to look for. And lets say for example,.. if I am to find my right woman who happens to be Black, so let it be Black woman. If Asian, then Asian. Etc.

I am Deaf. That is another whole ball game here in this conversation. I can marry a hearing. I was married to a hearing woman. I know I will marry.. more than likely to marry another Hearing woman than Deaf. I have that attitude I am hearing than deaf.

Only thing is that a Deaf person marrying a Hearing person is that she or he, depending on the Deaf person's style of communication, has to communicate the same level as the Deaf person is. For example, I can talk very well and will be understood clearly by a Hearing woman but because I used to wear a hearing aid before I have tinnitus, lip reading got harder after I loss my hearing. So, I would prefer her to sign ASL pretty good as possible. To learn signs, it takes 3 years to practice!

I have dated Blacks, a Native American, latinas,.. a Polyasian.. and was engaged to a Black Deaf woman one time. Interesting huh?

It does not matter what color because there are at least 50 registered skin color pigaments. Likely 100 different shades.

View Profile
History
Interracial Dating?
Posted : 4 Nov, 2009 05:57 PM

dear cny, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

Page : 1 2