Author Thread: Blues Lovers?
Admin

Blues Lovers?
Posted : 31 Oct, 2009 11:18 AM

I love the Blues -- listening and playing. Any thoughts on Blues and being a Christian?

View Profile
History
Blues Lovers?
Posted : 31 Oct, 2009 09:11 PM

I love the blues as long as they don't bring me down into the basement of despair with lyrics like "I feel like I wanna die baby, cause you ran off with that man who's crazy~~~oooh~~:rolleyes:

Anyway, there are some good Christian blues bands like Darrell Mansfield who can blow a harp pretty good. I like the harmonica always with the blues. :applause:

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QwRDKjtzF0

View Profile
History
Blues Lovers?
Posted : 31 Oct, 2009 09:14 PM

Whoops, this is the song I meant:walk with me Jesus~~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBzeIFMKimk

View Profile
History
Blues Lovers?
Posted : 1 Nov, 2009 11:56 PM

Joey, you are Eclectic and Hectic but way cool man!

View Profile
History
Blues Lovers?
Posted : 2 Nov, 2009 11:37 AM

Lol~~that is a first for that terminology~~well maybe not for hectic~ :rolleyes:~ I call myself the chainsaw girl on the end of the tree branch. :laugh:

Nice pic of your dog Archimedes~Greek mathematician are ya? Anyway, nice pic. :)

eric198375

View Profile
History
Blues Lovers?
Posted : 7 Dec, 2009 12:09 AM

Hey Arch,

Since blues is a style of music and no style of music is wrong, I see nothing wrong with loving the blues and being a Christian. And as we are human, we are open to experiencing every emotion under the sun. So it shouldn't matter whether its a happy blues tune or something not so positive. We are allowed to feel sad, angry, lonely and express those feelings. Its what we do for the Lord on our bad days that makes a difference.

Best blues shows I have seen: Clapton with the Randolph Family Band as the opening act followed in second by Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Blues Lovers?
Posted : 10 Dec, 2009 08:40 PM

Blues lovers "know" what the blues is.... yes, yes... like Bobbie "Blue" Bland.

Well, I can't listen to the blues too long. "Blues" tells a story, often times sad or about lost love or given up love, or just down right missing love.

I find personally, I if listen too long to it, all kind of thoughts sift through my head about my life prior to the my life today. But some of my other favorite Blues artists were Billie Holliday,Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Ray Charles, Fats Domino, and Bo Didley, BB King. There are more but I only got this rooted in my system because of my Dad and other older family members. Blues share some deep stuff if you pay attention to the message in the songs.