Author Thread: Opinions, Doctrines, Gifts, Denominations....
Admin

Opinions, Doctrines, Gifts, Denominations....
Posted : 12 Nov, 2009 11:25 PM

As I was reading through a thread tonight, an overwhelming sadness came over me. Our brothers and sisters were arguing with each other over, what seemed to me to be, things of unimportance.

Aren't we all Christians? Don't we all worship the same wonderful God?

Why do we feel the need to argue amongst other believers?

Sure, there are posts that require addressing, like if they are blaspheming and things like that, but overall aren't we supposed to be uplifting and reassuring to each other?

Whether one is a Calvinist and another an Arminian will not matter about their salvation. If one says they can speak in tongues and another doesn't believe in it doesn't matter about their salvation. So why is it argued over?

Wasn't Jesus' strongpoint about loving one another?

We need to put our doctrinal differences aside, find the good in each other, and come together as Christians.

I just felt the need to get that out.

With love,

T

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Nov, 2009 05:38 AM

I think you are right Mark, but change the word argument to debate and remember as you debate a point that we don't any of us need to be 100% right, for we probably aren't, but that God loves us all for striving toward that truth, and it isn't about who ends us being "right" for part of that beauty is that we are all free to form opinions and even change our mind about what we may or may not believe.

while we may feel an certain view is too rigid, we might be able to appreciate the discipline behind it. I think if we can remember that we all share the really important things in that love for our Lord, it is necessary and important to save each other from harm, as you would a spouse. Just as you don't name call and belittle in a healthy marriage, nor should that happen on a forum when we debate within the Word.

In so many ways I think both lines of thought are somewhat right, but we are both just a little off, not quite on that mark, and the Glorious part is our Lord God will clarify and teach us when our time is that we are ready for these things. I do often wonder if it would change our words or thought process somewhat if we thought for a moment that maybe God might actually chain us with the individual we are debating with. Would we treat them better? Differently? Kinder?

I learn so much in the debates, I truly do, but I urge all to love the person you debate with for you truly have something wonderful and beautiful to learn from them.

As one very wise brother on this site once told me, it is only when you think you know it all, that you have nothing to lean, for when you think you know everything, your mind becomes closed to hearing anything further, even the truth.

I learn so much from all of you, God Bless you all, for I truly love those who post our forum.

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Nov, 2009 08:55 AM

Hey Mark!! :waving:

I totally agree with you!! Discussions are very, very important!! I will attest to that myself because through discussions, young-in-Christ Christians such as myself can learn so much!! :) And just like you and Cattle said, it's when it comes to the pridefull arguments that we start hindering people and becoming a stumblingblock to others.

I believe our words, both spoken and typed, have so much more power than we realize. We must choose them wisely. Look at how important the words of the Bible are...people discuss what translation to use or not use.. Jesus confirmed his miracles by speaking words..demons were cast out by speaking words..and most of the time, those words are exactly what we argue over. Therefore, we should take a moment to pray so as to choose our words wisely.

We cannot be the ones that cause someone to back-slide.

With love,

T

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Nov, 2009 09:27 AM

You are going to LOVE this Sister! Today in Church, my Pastor said that it was our duty to bring Christ to others, but it is not our duty to make them accept Him" In other words, we present them for the Glorious Wonder He is in our lives, and we let God work the rest of the magic. He doesn't force Himself on us, and it is not our JOB to force Him on others either.

How beautiful is that? My Pastor just has a way of nailing that sermon every time; I just LOVE that! Had a discussion about "choices" back when Ole Cattle first hit that one on the head for me, and I think he got it just like I did cuz today he was also talking about all the little decisions that matter and serving in the smallest of ways in gaining the biggest results in our walk.

I so love and enjoy the privileged of worship. Today we sang Chris Tomlin's "Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)" and my dear friend told me that when she dies she would like me to sing that at her funeral. It so touched my heart that she would say that, as the last time I sang that song for someone was in the Hospital for my Grandmother the day she went to be with the Lord, and it was so very hard to sing through the tears. Told my Sister that I was not sure I would be able to get through it, but I would truly find someone with a beautiful voice that could.

But for now, it is time I get some sleep as I have to get up and go to work in five hours.

I hope everyone enjoyed services today as much as I did. Just think, in Heaven we will get to Give Glory to God every day and Sing the Joy of His Presence in our life every day! Won't it be Awesome!

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Nov, 2009 09:42 AM

Yes, Tarasye!, that is perfect!! I wish I could have heard the sermon at your church today...I'm sure it blessed many!!

I hope you rest peacefully!!

With love,

T

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Nov, 2009 07:45 PM

Ok I have a good one... what is your (anyone)opinion of the spiritual gifts? Are they for today and if so, do you know what yours is?

Manifestation gifts: wisdom, knowledge, discerning of spirits, faith, healing, power, prophecy, tongues, interpretation.

Motivational gifts: service, teaching, encouraging, giving, leadership, mercy

Office Gifts: apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, teacher

Other: helps, admin, hospitality, deliverance, celibacy, intercession (many others as well).

Blessings, Riveroflife

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Nov, 2009 09:35 PM

River, we are all given gifts, spiritual, physical, intellectual, and I think it is important to explore and figure out what our gifts are and to use them unto the Glory of the Lord who gave us these gifts.

Our Associate Pastor is blessed to pick up any musical instrument and play it beautifully. What a Gift!! I do not have that gift.

Some people are blessed to speak in tongues an other discern. I do not have that ability either.

The Lord did bless me to be able to speak eloquently and to be able to understand how the Word applies to many things today. I have the ability to be empathic and nurturing, often to a point that leads me to a greater understanding of how things work together for the Glory of the Lord.

But for all the gifts in the world, there are also plenty of people out there operating on a level of deception for various reasons, often to draw glory unto themselves. Everyone wants to feel special, and for those that don't, the desire to create something that makes them special is sometimes overwhelming. Obsession is not something that comes from God.

People that are genuinely blessed with His Gifts are not people that believe they can do anything. They know that it is God's work and they are simply a tool in His Hand.

Often people forget that the devil is also capable of great acts of mysticism. Sometimes the wisest thing we can do is not try to discern, but accept that a person's gifts are ultimately between them and God, and if those gifts lift you up in Glory, then thank God, for no man should be placed upon a pedestal. It is good to thank people who do good things for us, and it is good that we are available to help others.

I find that if I am not comfortable with someone's gifts, I just step away from it. It is not my place to question things like that which I do not understand.

Ultimately I believe our greatest gift is Faith. Faith will lead us to all that we need.

Tarasye

Page : 1 2