Author Thread: Opinions, Doctrines, Gifts, Denominations....
Admin

Opinions, Doctrines, Gifts, Denominations....
Posted : 12 Nov, 2009 11:25 PM

As I was reading through a thread tonight, an overwhelming sadness came over me. Our brothers and sisters were arguing with each other over, what seemed to me to be, things of unimportance.

Aren't we all Christians? Don't we all worship the same wonderful God?

Why do we feel the need to argue amongst other believers?

Sure, there are posts that require addressing, like if they are blaspheming and things like that, but overall aren't we supposed to be uplifting and reassuring to each other?

Whether one is a Calvinist and another an Arminian will not matter about their salvation. If one says they can speak in tongues and another doesn't believe in it doesn't matter about their salvation. So why is it argued over?

Wasn't Jesus' strongpoint about loving one another?

We need to put our doctrinal differences aside, find the good in each other, and come together as Christians.

I just felt the need to get that out.

With love,

T

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Nov, 2009 01:51 AM

I so agree my Sister, for not one among us has it totally right, and the minute we believe we do, the door to our growth slams shut for no longer can anyone reveal anything to us.

That amazing thought came to me directly from a beloved Brother in Christ on this site, from whom I have learned so much.

Here is a thought to ponder: What if Jesus was a moderator on this site? Would you say it? Would you say it the WAY you said it?

The Real Deal is this....He IS a moderator on this site, BECAUSE He is the Moderator of our LIVES, by our own choice.

We are all just a little mis-directed, mis-guided, and confused as all get out about the Mysteries that remain that only God understands, but we don't NEED to understand everything to come to Him, and He did not come for the perfect, He came for the Broken.

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Nov, 2009 02:51 AM

Ladies,

Both of you are two of the most caring and concerned Christians on this site and I am glad you are here. Thusly, I want to appologize to MrChristian for ridiculing him and his language and his strange post (which I thought was strange) (and kinda scary).

But, I would like you also to consider what may have been going through Jesus' Mind while He was overturning those tables in The Temple? Jesus saw something that was not right and did not turn away from it or let it slide by.

Granted in the last 500 years we have gone off in all directions -- like a horse without a rider. And Scripture has been reinterpreted so many different ways -- like a schoolbook without a teacher and we have bickered and bickered. But, only by stirring up that wheat and tossing it up in the air and sometimes creating a ruckus -- can we rid the wheat of the Chaff. Right! Now, everyone...Group Hug!

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Nov, 2009 05:18 AM

Okay; okay, enough with the Puppy eyes, NOW I'm feeling guilty, convicted and ready to seek you out at the local shelter and adopt you! (reaching for the dog treats) , you are one of my favorite Brothers on the site as well.

(I am just a sucker for a stray with a face like that!) LOL

Tarasye:goofball:

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Nov, 2009 10:40 AM

Tarasye, That's a wonderful way to thinnk about what we post...What if Jesus was the moderator?!?!? That's great!! And he really IS!! That's even better!!

Mr. Archimedes, Thank you for your kind words!! :applause: I understand that the wheat has to be seperated from the chafe, but I think, Jesus did it with a righteous anger.

I don't mind to give my opinions on topics and I really like asking questions (Daddy always said, the only way you're going to learn is to ask questions!! Haha!) but I don't want to cause any of our brothers and sisters to get into an arguement and I will not get involved in one. Not to say that I haven't, but I won't be anymore. Discussions are one thing and arguements are another. To me, discussions are fruitfull and arguements aren't.

Two more cents... Haha!

T

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Nov, 2009 12:29 PM

Well put. Discussions will yeild results. Arguments just result in later discussions of who was responsible for what damage.

Tara, he snores and slobbers or is thaT ME?

pEACE

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Nov, 2009 02:52 PM

so do beagles, and I still have one of my two. God sure knew what he was doing when He made dogs! Once said to my daughter that I wish I could find a man like Sammy, and she said, "What? One that snores, passes gas often and occasionally gets scared when it storms and does something naughty on the carpet?":ROFL:

Yeah, guess I should be careful what I wish for sometimes. lol :rolleyes:

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Nov, 2009 04:08 PM

Hey,

I know that guy! He's single.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Nov, 2009 07:41 PM

That the true i love godw with all my heart

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Nov, 2009 12:04 AM

I'm gonna have to disagree a little bit. Paul wrote to the churches a lot, chastising them, correcting them...and that was back when they were united...and while I do agree that everything should be done in christian love, I'm tired of just letting things go and watching stuff slip away. We have the bible for a reason. It's profitable for correction and reproof...not to the point where it drives people to lose faith...but to the point where it makes people stop and think about what they believe. It's important to renew the faith, and the discussions on here have done just that for me. Some of them get kinda crazy, but that's where the christian love comes in. I would encourage people that instead of chastising people directly in the forums...maybe we should private message people with our scathing rebukes to try and get back to the preferred method of correcting a brothers error. If someone is in error we are supposed to go to them privately first. That would cut back on a large amount of the pride-filled arguments us males get into sometimes, and while I do believe that's wrong, I also believe there is an opposite end of the spectrum...which would be to say we just need to love each other and that's enough. Putting aside differences and coming together on common ground sounds awfully close to compromise...and I won't sidetrack my beliefs to be accepted. I'm sorry, but Calvinists and "Free-willys" have a fundamentally conflicting view of salvation. I see people running away from God because of Calvinistic beliefs, only to have "You were never going to be saved anyway!" hurled at their backside...and because I have the opposite view, it pains me to see it happening. So anytime someone posts something "predestined", I'm going to be trying to point out that that view may be off a little, because I don't want people to lose faith. So maybe I make some people angry...small price to pay. Usually the people that get angry claim total truth on some level....so...I'll just leave it at that. People can read the views and decide for themselves. Guess what I'm trying to say is that the discussions are important...even if some people get upset. I'll/We'll just have to remember to be more Christ-like.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Nov, 2009 05:34 AM

dear folks,, i agree with hitman,, ya know we can all learn something from each person here at sometime and some point.. even if it means we learn what not to do at times hehe... but everybody has something good to contribute somehwere and sometimes.. whether it be in the bible section or in the life sections.. in a way they all coincide..

as this is an open discussion place.. everyone can make their views on things.. heres the only catch.. we must do so without the name calling and condecending tones..without insults, and putdowns and belittling others.. and the good thing about here is that the post is not deleted so folks can see how folks really act with others..

and when folks do get out of line here well they usually are rebuked in a nice enuff way ... and youll find that most times if someone has offended another here they will apologize for their actions..

thats the good thing.. that shows growth.. none of us are perfect this is true.. so second chances are a good thing. JESUS gave us all one ..

but if the mean spirited behavior continues then they will be taken care of by the administration here.. and are usually given even a second chance by them as well.. then if they wont listen they are usually banned...

this forum is open to anyone.. even the unsaved the atheists ya never know whos behind that screen.. things are usually handled pretty quick here.. so my hats off to the admin. for doing such a wonderful job here and keepin this a nice clean place for us to share with each other...

one other thing id like to speak about is what arch said about JESUS oveturning the tables.. well to me JESUS judged them with righteous judgement as HE knew their hearts..

were not told to teach in anger .. were told to love our neighbor as ourselves.. so lets all do the best we can at doin that huh.. teach by example.. thanks

ole cattle

Page : 1 2