Author Thread: prayin together
Admin

prayin together
Posted : 20 Nov, 2009 05:43 PM

dear folks, do you feel that a husband and wife are sposed to pray together all the time? or do you feel it is a personal thing between you and GOD? thanks

ole cattle

View Profile
History
prayin together
Posted : 20 Nov, 2009 06:28 PM

Hey Wrangler!

Romans 10:9-10

�if you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (10) For one believes with the heart and so is justified, and one confesses with the mouth and so is saved.

The Holy Bible : New Revised Standard Version. Nashville : Thomas Nelson Publishers, 1989, S. Ro 10:9-11

If speaking out loud is that powerful � then how much would it help in prayer? How much more powerful would your prayers be?

Matthew 18:19-20

(19) Again, truly I tell you, if two of you agree on earth about anything you ask, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. (20) For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them.�

The Holy Bible : New Revised Standard Version. Nashville : Thomas Nelson Publishers, 1989, S. Mt 18:19-20

So praying out loud should be a powerful and wonderful thing and two or more praying out loud is even better � then�.a husband and his wife both praying together is awesome and should always be encouraged.

Jesus also told us to pray quietly by ourselves. So I believe that there should be an agreement between each other as to what to pray for out loud and I believe that this should be a regular thing. And also each should have their own quiet time with God. Ya Dig?

Peace

Tarasye

View Profile
History
prayin together
Posted : 20 Nov, 2009 07:17 PM

I see prayer like a magnificent symphony of glorious voices, often as quiet as a whisper, sometimes as loud as the crescendo as the end of a finale act might be. It is filled with solos, duets, ensembles and choirs. It is filled with emotion of sorrows and joys, and God appreciates the beauty of every unlost movement unto Him.

Should we pray with a spouse? Absolutely!

Should we pray alone? Absolutely

Should we pray with friends? Most Defintely!

Should we pray with stranger! For Sure!

We should take all of the above, pray with them, for them, and beside them, as well as praying for ourselves in guidance and counsel in His Ways through the Holy Spirit, for God does not forsake those who seek Him, and He tells us to pray to Him always and unceasing.

So let prayer be your own Joyful Noise as you become a unique and beautiful instrument in His Symphony of Life.

And I sort of like this very old saying, from which I have no clue of its origin, that says, "The family that prays together, stays together." I would like to think it may have originated from someone's wise wife or mother, but I have no idea.

Tarasye

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
prayin together
Posted : 21 Nov, 2009 07:59 AM

I think that it's very important for couples to pray together, but I think there is also an important place for individual prayer. Same goes for Bible study. Here are my reasons:

Prayer/study as a couple: different insights, perspectives, and strengths will make prayer and study more meaningful. It should strengthen the relationship between the couple, and also the relationship between the couple and God as well.

Prayer/study as an individual: no distractions -- it's just you and God. He can show you things that you might not see if you are distracted.

View Profile
History
prayin together
Posted : 21 Nov, 2009 09:40 PM

All of the above~~:laugh:

I always felt so much more as one when my husband and I prayed together daily. We learned to do word praying also where you take a psalm and read a couple of verses outloud as a prayer. There are many ways to pray together~sometimes just holding hands and spending 5 minutes of silence, but in all things pray without ceasing.

I also liked my quiet time with God~have to commune with Him like Jesus did when he got away. I think Jesus probably prayed with the disciples as well as alone.

View Profile
History
prayin together
Posted : 22 Nov, 2009 01:16 PM

Hey Cattle!

I think it would be absolutely wonderful to have a spouse to pray with everyday!! I think it would strengthen the relationship in the all the right ways!! :)

And honestly, I don't think I could stop praying by myself! haha! It's just become natural to me. :)

With love,

T

View Profile
History
prayin together
Posted : 22 Nov, 2009 02:55 PM

dear folks, thanks, i am enjoyin the answers..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
prayin together
Posted : 23 Nov, 2009 01:43 PM

Yes ! A couple that prays together stays together. Never cease praying together in all matters great and small because where two are gathered together or two are in agreement... :-)

Yes ! Private prayer is part of our personal relationship with GOD the Father, Jesus the Son and especialy praying in the Holy Spirit...xo