Author Thread: star signs
Admin

star signs
Posted : 26 Nov, 2009 03:08 PM

Hi can anyone explain to me why lots of guys have their star sign on their profile?

Star signs and the such i feel are all part of witchcraft which is nothing at all to do with jesus or christianity i just find it really odd i guess it just depends how deep into your faith you are.

View Profile
History
star signs
Posted : 26 Nov, 2009 10:07 PM

Allo Luv!

Are you from Lincoln, Lancashire? If you are, I was there 20 years ago (lured by an Irish lassie from the East End) (long story). Stayed at the Duke's Hotel.

Anyway, astrological signs. I have not come across all that many here. Those that believe in them aren't really daubing in the occult any more so then those that will not walk under a ladder or will toss salt over their shoulder.

Now the ones that really get into it and are able to make a chart for you -- they are the ones that will thread on dangerous ground -- because next door is divination and conjuring and the black arts.

I wouldn't worry all that much about whether a person is a Capricorn or a Virgo.

By the way -- most excellent choice holding on to your virginity. What a special gift and honor that will be.

Well Luv,

Cheers

Pilgrim52

View Profile
History
star signs
Posted : 1 Dec, 2009 06:41 PM

You are right ..it's part of the occult,which we are told to stay away from...

View Profile
History
star signs
Posted : 13 Nov, 2010 06:20 PM

the astrology signs are constellations nothing evil about that read your bible castor and pollux is the sign of gemini

soulgal

View Profile
History
star signs
Posted : 27 Dec, 2010 10:35 PM

Well, it may start off as a bit of harmless fun but you can also get sucked into it. People read their stars/horoscopes and get ruled by the events they been told are mapped out for them. I ,for one, wouldn't entertain them or someone who is interested in them..peace!

TheSeekingOneSings

View Profile
History
star signs
Posted : 11 Jan, 2012 10:48 AM

Well, GOD created the heavens; that includes the stars and constellations created by those stars. However, we are not to USE His creation for unholy purposes!

I thought the dating sites include them automatically... but I'm not sure why they WOULD except that proclaiming to be "CHRISTIAN" does not always mean one IS a born-again believer in Christ Jesus. We've all heard, by now, the saying that sitting in a garage doesn't make you a car! I'll leave it there.

There do seem to be some traits that tend to be true of people born in certain times though. I'm not sure that is a BAD thing tno study, but I'd be leery of it myself.

View Profile
History
star signs
Posted : 14 Apr, 2012 06:23 PM

Of God's Rules, Rule #1 is to remember that you have only ONE God. Those seeking answers in the things God created such as the stars is putting that above God's Words...so I would say that to follow astrology is not God's purpose for us. Yes, sometimes it seems that people do fall into those horoscope traits but they are all generalities. Take any of those descriptions and you could probably say that about anyone. Seems like a deception from Satan to me anyway.

SalvationFirstPastor

View Profile
History
star signs
Posted : 21 May, 2012 04:46 AM

Deuteronomy 18:10

For example, never sacrifice your son or daughter as a burnt offering. And do not let your people practice fortune-telling, or use sorcery, or interpret omens, or engage in witchcraft,

TheSeekingOneSings

View Profile
History
star signs
Posted : 29 Apr, 2014 09:12 AM

Ummm, that is astronomy Hon - not astrology. There is a difference. See divination and sorcery and ohhh IDK - there are other words to search online: " ----- " in the Bible or in Scripture... you'll find 'em. :)

TheSeekingOneSings

View Profile
History
star signs
Posted : 29 Apr, 2014 09:32 AM

Ummm, that is astronomy Hon - not astrology. There is a difference. See divination and sorcery and ohhh IDK - there are other words to search online: " ----- " in the Bible or in Scripture... you'll find 'em. :)

TheSeekingOneSings

View Profile
History
star signs
Posted : 25 Oct, 2016 10:50 PM

Laura:

You said [way back in 2009] the following about guys having their star signs on their profiles....

"Star signs and the such i feel are all part of witchcraft which is nothing at all to do with jesus or christianity i just find it really odd i guess it just depends how deep into your faith you are."

I believe that it depends more on what one's convictions are and possibly what one understands them to mean.

1) The Holy Spirit is the convicter - not us.

I'm not sure it's right to say "how deep into your faith you are" because it is at least POSSIBLE someone has simply not been convicted OR has a struggle WITH such things. We all have a sin that so easily besets us.

2) Astrology is NOT Astronomy

There is a difference. I read one person's comment [the beginning of it at least] that essentially said it's all the same.

as�trol�o�gy əˈstr�ləjē/ noun

the study of the movements and relative positions of celestial bodies interpreted as having an influence on human affairs and the natural world. synonyms: horoscopy; horoscopes

as�tron�o�my əˈstr�nəmē/ noun

the branch of science that deals with celestial objects, space, and the physical universe as a whole.

There IS a distinct difference, and hopefully a little information will help folks see that.

Page : 1 2