Author Thread: "My Grace is Sufficient for you."
Tarasye

View Profile
History
"My Grace is Sufficient for you."
Posted : 7 Dec, 2009 03:04 AM

My Dear Friends,

This is a Bible verse that has been rolling around in my head for the last couple weeks. I think I am finally starting to understand how we so often take this for granted, as we go through life trying to write our own scripts.

So many times as single people, we contemplate a verse from Genesis where God decides that it is not good for man to be alone and creates Eve.

Can't tell you how many times I have asked the Lord, "if its not good for man to be alone, then Lord, what of woman?" I have been single for many years now as I wait upon the Lord, and I do not need to tell any of you, its not easy.

But I am starting to think that maybe my way of thinking is not His Way of thinking on this at all.

God said that it was not good for man to be alone, He did not say that it is not good that man is not married. Yes, He gave Adam a wife, but then what happened? They populated the earth. Man was no longer alone.

Is it good for us to be without friends? No, we are told to fellowship. Why? Because it is not good for us to be alone. Is it always good for us to be married? No, many of us have discovered, it is not. Much of this I believe is due to the wickedness of the time we live in.

In fact, Paul tells us that it is good for us to remain single if we can. Paul does not tell us to be alone, for he, too encouraged fellowship in the churches.

Yet there it is again in my thoughts, time and again...."My Grace is Sufficient for you." I have to wonder if perhaps I have been looking at this all wrong.

Looking back on my life, the Lord has taken me Miraculous places and done Wondrous things that often I truly did not understand at all until after we were through them, and now looking back, I can see exactly what He had in mind that I never knew, and truly had no clue about.

Contemplating that His Grace is Sufficient for me, I have to wonder if maybe, just maybe He can do greater things through me alone, than He can if I continuously force my desire over adjusting that thought process and concentrating on my Walk in Service to Him.

Do I Trust God to take care of me? I don't think I used to at all, not really, but I think maybe I do now. What if there is not a man that can amplify my Walk in Him? Can I give up that voice that keeps saying, "You are not getting any younger, and you don't want to grow old alone!" Is that the Voice of God? No, that does not sound like the Voice of My God, that sounds like the voice of a darker one that wants me to concentrate on MY Wants and MY Needs and MY Desires.

Am I not who God Says I am? Yes I am, and He Says "My Grace is Sufficient for you!" Is it really enough? Yes, it is.

Is it enough for you too?

Don't get me wrong here, I am not saying that it is the Will of God that any of us remain single, but it is certainly His Will that some of us will not marry again in this realm. If we are in either category, is it within us to accept His Will and understand that His Grace is Sufficient, or are we so bent on our own paths and goals that we ignore the importance of what we could be doing in Him if we would simply redirect our focus on His Work?

Can you Trust God enough to Walk your Walk on your own, knowing He is With you and will not forsake you in that Faithfulness? Or are our thoughts so self focused that we miss the opportunities to do Great Things Through Him unto His Glory?

If His Answer was "No" or "Not now", can I be okay with this?

Ten or Twenty years ago, I am not so sure I could have, for I didn't have so much to look back upon and understand. But I am beginning now to believe that I can accept the Walk in Him, and enjoy the Journey Through Him and enjoy and love people for who they are and not so much for who I might hope them to be in Him, for we all have so very much to learn in our journeys, and that learning in Him is something that never ceases.

Not one of us can know what He has in store for us. It is truly important to self examine our Walk in Him constantly. Is this His Walk and His Way or my will be done my way?

Is His Grace Sufficient for you?

It is definitely a thought to contemplate in your walk with Him, and I hope if it speaks to you, that you will give it as much thought as I have.

Have a Wonderful and Blessed Day!

Tarasye

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2009 07:40 AM

Morning Tarasye,

Well, very well said. Thank you for giving us this wonderful thought for the day!

We all come to a point in our lives where we'll be faced with the question "Do I really believe God is enough". Naturally it might be later than sooner for most of us. As life passes us by, we move carefreely often times until some crisis happens that drops you to your knees and you're forced to have to listen to God or either reject Him.

The rug has been pulled from under me a few times in my half century of life, and I've been challenged with this passage and many others. Forced me to look at the things I say I believe about God and his love for me, and actually ask myself "Hey hey, you said this is what you believe, you're not acting like it! So what do you believe?"

I can't encourage or lift up anyone else, let alone being the light God wants me to be. I am in front of people daily showing to folk through my walk that I am single, particularly an older single Christian walking as "His grace is sufficient for me."

Even when I hurt, His grace is sufficient for me.

Even when I laugh and love, His grace is sufficient for me.

Even when I am inconvenienced and have to sacrifice my time at the most inopportune times when I don't want to, His grace is sufficient for me.

Over and over, I have to talk out scrupture to myself in some situations or at night when I lay in bed sometime thinking about my days, and then I go to sleep. Yes, if I keep it before me.. His grace is sufficient for me.

Thank you for giving us another opportunity to share! Continue being a blessing!

:glow:

patou

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Dec, 2009 06:17 PM

A prosperous 2010 to all !!! :yay:

This verse speaks to me so many times in my life and it always made me cry. Because most of the time that I've asked God about my struggles in life; He not only answers me back about what is the truth but also lets me feel His presence. There's this inner joy in my heart knowing that He will always be with me, no matter what circumstances I may be in.

Is His grace sufficient for me?

Yes, His grace is sufficient for me and I can shout to the world and let them know that He is my Hiding Place, the Deliverer of my soul and the Giver of life.

And I will praise Him all the days of my life!!! :bow: :yay:

Ida :glow: