Author Thread: Living Life - additions
GraceMae

View Profile
History
Living Life - additions
Posted : 11 Dec, 2009 08:58 PM

Another on my refrig... I share. Reflect and comment as desired.

1. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.

2. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.

3. Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have, or sleep all you want.

4. When you say, "I love you", mean it.

5. When you say, "I'm sorry", look the person in the eye.

6. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.

7. Believe in love at first sight.

8. Never laugh at anyone's dream. People who don't have dreams don't have much.

9. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.

10. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.

11. Don't judge people by their relatives.

12. Talk slowly but think quickly.

13. When someone asks you a guestion you don't want to answer, smile and ask, "Why do you want to know?"

14. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.

15. Say "God bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.

16. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice!

Maybe you'd not thought of some of these, and maybe you have. Be blessed.

*gracemae

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Living Life - additions
Posted : 11 Dec, 2009 09:28 PM

Well, I'm posting to my own self! :applause:

My input on a few of these -

(2 ) Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.

Me: I like to drill detail deep sometimes in conversation, not to mention blabbering all over the place. It's got to be a man that can appreciate that "fine" attribute in me :glow: Why it's so important to take the time to explore and get to know one another. When you can hang young in assurance together, you can "definitely" hang when you get to the golden years together!

(7) Believe in love at first sight.

Me: Funny this one should be listed because there's been plenty postings on this "love at first sight" topic. Well, all things are possible with God, and God gives us direction. Scripture tells us that He is a lamp unto our feet, and at the "first sighting" of love, we just make sure it's God's lamp!

(8) Never laugh at anyone's dream. People who don't have dreams don't have much.

Me: This is truth. We can look scripturally at Joseph in the bible. He told of his dream to his brothers, and they resented him, and tried to kill him... see what happened for Joseph. Given favor, position, and more.. all because he dreamed, loved God, and in the end God gave him favor. I feel we should admire, not dispise or envy another for the dreams they may have for their own life, when the average any other Joe/Jane can't see it's reality for them.

(9) Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.

Me: We'll never know God's power in our situation if we don't risk. If we put limits on God's ability to show Himself in whatever our situation, we'll never know the power of God. We build our testimony each time we allow God to work in our situations, fulfil our desires for all that we ask of Him if it's His will.

(14) Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.

Me: Again, if I never risk, I'll never know how great anything can be. Then I'd be saying " I wish I coulda shouda"... blind faith, regardless of the outcome. Yes great love, great achievement... I so look forward to. Ahhhhh

Well, feel free to post. I rambled a little. Oh well.

*gracemae

Phoebe2

View Profile
History
Living Life - additions
Posted : 12 Dec, 2009 02:15 AM

Nice post, some good tips there

View Profile
History
Living Life - additions
Posted : 15 Dec, 2009 08:38 PM

oy, so many rules. how bout 'do unto others' -or do your best.