Author Thread: Having Discernment and Understanding
GraceMae

View Profile
History
Having Discernment and Understanding
Posted : 20 Dec, 2009 02:59 PM

Proverbs 26:4. Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Or you will also be like him. 5. Answer a fool as his folly deserves, That he not be wise in his own eyes. 6. He cuts off his own feet and drinks violence Who sends a message by the hand of a fool. 7. Like the legs which are useless to the lame, So is a proverb in the mouth of fools. 8. Like one who binds a stone in a sling, So is he who gives honor to a fool.9. Like a thorn which falls into the hand of a drunkard, So is a proverb in the mouth of fools. 10. Like an archer who wounds everyone, so is he who hires a fool or who hires those who pass by. 11. Like a dog that returns to its vomit is a fool who repeats his folly. 12. Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

Proverbs 27:22 Though you pound a fool in a mortar with a pestle along with crushed grain, yet his foolishness will not depart from him.

Proverbs 29.9: When a wise man has a controversy with a foolish man, the foolish man either rages or laughs, and there is no rest.

Proverbs 10:13. On the lips of the discerning, wisdom is found. But a rod is for the back of him who lacks understanding.

Proverbs 14:6 A scoffer seeks wisdom and finds none; but knowledge is easy to one who has understanding.

Proverbs 14:33. Wisdom rests in the heart of one who has understanding. But in the hearts of fools it is made known.

Proverbs 14:8 The wisdom of the sensible is to understand his way, but the foolishness of fools is deceit. 15. The na�ve believes everything, but the sensible man considers his steps.

Proverbs 13:15 Good understanding produces favor, but the way of the treacherous is hard.

Proverbs 20:5 A plan in the heart of a man is like deep water, but a man of understanding draws it out.

Proverbs 20:12 The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the LORD has made both of them

I was instructed recently that our eyes and ears must be used to evaluate each person or situation that we encounter. You can try to beat a fool down, but it will not help. A fool reverts to his level, just like the dogs to vomit, even when exposed to something better; and that anyone foolish enough to think he has all the answers causes trouble not only for himself but for everyone who he encounters. As I deal with different people and situations in my own journey, I am finding these scriptures and pastoral instruction to be very helpful in deciding my course of actions in a matter. Hope these will be insightful to all gifted with discernment.

(Also posted in Biblical Questions and Discussions)

*GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Dec, 2009 03:26 PM

You said what was on my mind recently but so much better. I am not always good with words.I do enjoy your responses.

You are a very wise friend.Dennis

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Dec, 2009 05:30 PM

Hey Dennis. You know what? We need each other to survive in this foreign place called Earth!

* GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Dec, 2009 07:56 PM

Yes she is,

isn't she Dennis! And a great cook...too. Pass the freshly baked Foccacia bread! and butter....and...

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Dec, 2009 07:38 PM

Proverbs has always been one of my favorite chapters. If for no other reason, it just makes me aware of what I will encounter on a daily basis in this world from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed, and how to deal with it. Thanks for the reminders.....

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jan, 2010 10:27 PM

You know, sometimes you get to a place where it's like trying to beat a person in the head, over and over, and over, and over, and over,and over, AND OVER AGAIN, about the "same thing", and it just does NO GOOD! Then, don't know about you, but I gotta just take my hands off the situation, and pray for God to intervene as He sees fit. That's all we can do.

We are callled to tell the truth in God's word about His "Word", however we can't make a person succumb to it. It has to be that persons choice. Sometimes they "never get it!"

God gives free will to make our own decisions, and choices, however, the consiquences (spelling???) .. well that's another story... God selects what He deems.... to show us who HE IS... ~ GraceMae