Author Thread: LDS (Mormon). Do you think they are Christian?
brian4christ

View Profile
History
LDS (Mormon). Do you think they are Christian?
Posted : 28 Dec, 2009 03:41 PM

Mormon is a cult.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTtq62XQ4jw&feature=related

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2009 05:46 PM

dear brian, welcome to the forums.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Dec, 2009 09:28 AM

I haven't viewed the video yet but to answer your question, what I think doesn't hold much water if any. But what the Word of God says is quite different then the "doctrine" of the LDS. What I believe is the bible and "christians" were called that because they followed Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ of the Bible. I think that the name "christian" is being used to mean a lot of other things nowadays. But it has little to do with Jesus Christ of the Bible.

Denise

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Dec, 2009 07:15 PM

The Mormon church sees God as God the Father the Supreme Being of the universe. However, God has a body made of flesh and bones and God became Supreme Being over a long period of time by living a perfect and righteous life.

The Mormon church teaches that humans exist as spirit beings before their birth. At physical birth, bodies are given to these spirits. This is similar to Scientology where the Spirit is called a Thetan. These �spirit filled bodies� are also given an opportunity for free-will choice. The physical world represents a period of probation. The status of a person in the afterlife is determined by the way that person lived their life on Earth. If the person lived by a satisfactory standard, (and met Mormon temple obligations) that person has the potential to become a god in the after-life. That person can also produce "spirit children" to populate a world of their own (like God did with the earth). Again this is very similar to Scientology.

Jesus and Satan as spirit brothers and sons of God in the eyes of the Mormon church. God put forth His plan of salvation for the world, and Satan proposed his own plan in direct opposition to God�s Plan of Salvation. Jesus accepted the Father's plan and offered to implement it as the Savior. The Father chose Jesus, and the spirit of Jesus was given a body through the virgin Mary. He was crucified and rose from the dead three days later to establish His deity. The character and life of Jesus is attainable by anyone who performs at such a righteous level.

The Mormon church believes that Jesus Christ will establish a new kingdom that will consist of three levels: the celestial kingdom, the terrestrial kingdom, and the telestial kingdom.

There are many more differences that clearly show that this "church" not Christian. Theer are many Mormons that are good people and they do a lot of good deeds, but they do not know all they need to know about their church. It is only in the "higher" orders does all this come out.

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Dec, 2009 08:10 PM

I have relatives who are Mormons...some of them are very devout Mormons. They are really good people, very moral, and I enjoy spending time with them. They would do anything for anyone. I am of the opinion, however, that this time on earth is all the time I'll have with them because of their beliefs; I do not think that I will see them in Heaven. They listen politely to our attempts to witness to them, but they refuse to acknowledge the truth. It is very sad.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jan, 2010 03:24 AM

Mormons aren't Christians...

The bible never mentioned anything about what they believe, they honor the founder of the mormon church more than the creator Himself, Jesus Christ..

Jesus is God and He will not share His glory with another...

All glory, power and honor belong to Jesus alone...

sdsurfgirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jan, 2010 01:00 AM

I don't know if the Mormon church (LDS) is a cult group but I have heard that they are.

However, they are NOT Christians. Some of them will say that they are Christians because they are taught to believe that they are Christians.

However they are not followers of Christ. They believe that they can attain a celestial and god-like status by living a life on earth that is approved by the LDS faith. Their wives can only come to heaven when their husbands call them to heaven. I am NOT making this up. It is a "BY WORKS ALONE" religion and not a "FAITH" religion.

I lived in a town that was largely LDS occupied so I studied the religion so that I could get to know my neighbors. Essentially, it's a made up religion that loosely incorporates Jesus.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jan, 2010 09:00 AM

It's actually pretty blasphemous. They believe that men can become like God. That sounds like the religion of Lucifer. "I will exalt myself above the Most High!" "Go ahead and eat it, you will be like God!". WRONG! Unfortunately, when they founded their religion they missed that part in the bible where is says Satan can appear as a angel of light. Maybe the "angel" that delivered those golden plates to John Whatshisname....was, in reality, a disguised Devil. "If they speak not according to this word, there is no light in them". That should be the test of any angel/messenger/prophet. So to base their religion on "Jesus Christ"...is really kinda backwards.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jan, 2010 11:25 PM

This is a very sensitive subject for me. I was raised a southern baptist. Left home, joined the military, and unfortunatly left my faith behind. For almost 20 years worshiped the things of the flesh. I finally met a beautiful, talented, kindhearted woman. We were co-workers in a bar. We married. We had our first child. She started to attend the local LDS church. This is where things started to go downhill.

I knew she was raised lds. But hey we were sinners. We drank, smoked, and all other forms of sin. Things changed when she went back. She was no longer happy and bubbly. In my inebreated state I didn't notice how far away we had drifted. I went one way, she went another. Neither one of us was headed in the right direction.

She left 8 mo. ago. Says my drinking and smoking was a reason, also she doesn't feel the unity in spirit marriage should bring. 5 yrs of marriage gone just like that. Almost killed me.

Praise God. He knew who I was before he laid the foundation of the earth. I was a lost sheep and he came after me.

Now the lds religion is its own culture. They have their own definitions for words they even have their own words. Look up deseret in the dictionary. They use Christ's name in the name of their church. But christians? Did my wife witness to me? Did she invite me to church? Did she ever try to pray with me? Did She love me like Christ loved the church, or all sinners for that matter? A simple no. I don't doubt that Joseph Smith's revelations came from heavenly beings, but they wern't from God or Jesus. All indications are they were the fallen angels if any.

Ladies and Gentlemen it is imperitive that we invest a lot of time getting to know our future spouse. I almost said I was lonely, but I'm not. God is always near the broken hearted. He doesn't put us through anything we can't handle, because he is always there with us and will bring us through the fire and our clothes won't even smell like smoke.

I realize I might be off the subject a little, but what the hey, I need an outlet for my testimony. Here's a question for you. With God being a sovergn God, and in contoll of every situation, what do you think He's up to puttin' a southern baptist and a mormon together to get hitched?

Ladies respect em, Gents love em. These are commands not suggestions.

For more on mormons google "Speaking the Truth in Love to Mormons".

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2010 03:04 AM

You really don't be he is in charge of everything do you?

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Feb, 2010 04:49 PM

Oh yeah I beleive He's in control. He knew exactly what I would do when she left. He knew it before he designed GRAVITY!

Page : 1 2