Author Thread: Study on the fears of getting married
Admin

Study on the fears of getting married
Posted : 20 Jun, 2008 01:02 PM

HI Young People,

I'm doing a study on why or what people fear about getting married? Would you be so kind as to give me your input on this?

Below is a marriage scenario, prayerfully, it won't be yours. It's only for a laugh but the study isn't. GOD bless each and everyone of you.

T:goofball:mie

I*m writing you this letter to tell you that I*m leaving you for good.

I*ve been a good woman to you for seven years and I have nothing to

show

for it. These last two weeks have been terrible. Your boss called to

tell me that you had quit your job today and that was the last straw.

Last week, you came home and didn*t notice that I had gotten my hair

and

nails done, cooked your favorite meal and even wore a brand new

negligee.

You came home and ate in two minutes, and went straight to sleep after

watching the game. You don*t tell me you love me anymore, you don*t

touch me or anything.

Either you*re cheating or you don*t love me anymore, what ever the case

is, I*m gone.

PS: If you*re trying to find me, don*t. Your BROTHER and I are moving

away to West Virginia together! Have a great life! Your Ex-wife

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

....The saga continues.....

Dear Ex-wife

Nothing has made my day more than receiving your letter. It*s true that

you and I have been married for seven years, although a good woman is a

far cry from what you*ve been.

I watch sports so much to try to drown out your constant nagging. Too

bad that doesn*t work. I did notice when you cut off all of your hair

last week, the first thing that came to mind was "You look just like a

man!" My mother raised me to not say anything if you can*t say anything

nice.

When you cooked my favorite meal, you must have gotten me confused with

MY BROTHER, because I stopped eating pork seven years ago. I went to

sleep on you when you had on that new negligee because the price tag

was

still on it. I prayed that it was a coincidence that my brother had

just

borrowed fifty dollars from me that morning and your negligee was

$49.99. After all of this, I still loved you and felt that we could

work

it out.

So when I discovered that I had hit the lotto for ten million dollars,

I

quit my job and bought us two tickets to Jamaica. But when I got home

you were gone.

Everything happens for a reason I guess! I hope you have the filling

life you always wanted.

My lawyer said with the letter that you wrote, you won*t get a dime

from

me. So take care.

PS: I don*t know if I ever told you this but Carl, my brother was born

Carla. I hope that*s not a problem

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2008 07:41 PM

Hey young people, I'm actually doing a study on what fears keep people from marriage. Could I please get some input?

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jun, 2008 10:54 AM

The truth! Some fear it so bad, they run!

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jun, 2008 11:57 AM

Thanks for your input, Redeemdone and it's very good to see you here again. I'm sure lots of people here, as myself for one, have missed you.

But what fear is it that makes people run? Committment, change, responsiblity? What is it?

:goofball:

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jun, 2008 12:20 PM

It is a hard thing to determine what another is fearing in any situation. I for one find that most of the time, people do not want to see themselves for the real way they are. They play the old blame game, thus, they feel vindicated. It's always the other person. Not them. These types will never ever be able to marry. And then, there are those who scare the other person, with anger, twisted ideas, they can never be satisfied. So, it causes them to not want to get tangled in that web. Who culd blame them? Divorce, among Christians is very high. So some would rather not marry an unstable person. If one would show signs of imporvement, maybe. But, when no change comes, they just give up!

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jun, 2008 09:42 PM

It is a hard thing to determine what another is fearing in any situation.(UNDERSTANDABLY SO, BUT THERE ARE SOME FEARS THAT ARE MORE PREVELANT THAN OTHERS) I for one find that most of the time, people do not want to see themselves for the real way they are. They play the old blame game, thus, they feel vindicated. It's always the other person. Not them. These types will never ever be able to marry.(DISAREE; MANY DO MARRY AND ENDS UP BEING THE REASON THEY DO DIVORCE) And then, there are those who scare the other person, with anger, twisted ideas, they can never be satisfied. So, it causes them to not want to get tangled in that web. Who culd blame them? ( I FEEL MANY ARE ALREADY CAUGHT UP IN THAT NOVICE BEFORE THE RINGS ARE TAKEN OFF)Divorce, among Christians is very high.(IN DEFENSE OF CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE, IT'S NOT HIGHER THAN SECULAR) So some would rather not marry an unstable person. If one would show signs of imporvement, maybe. But, when no change comes, they just give up! (TRANSFORMATION AND CHANGE CAN ONLY COME FROM THE ONE CREATOR):goofball:

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2008 01:49 PM

It is a hard thing to determine what another is fearing in any situation.(UNDERSTANDABLY SO, BUT THERE ARE SOME FEARS THAT ARE MORE PREVELANT THAN OTHERS) I for one find that most of the time, people do not want to see themselves for the real way they are. They play the old blame game, thus, they feel vindicated. It's always the other person. Not them. These types will never ever be able to marry.(DISAREE; MANY DO MARRY AND ENDS UP BEING THE REASON THEY DO DIVORCE) And then, there are those who scare the other person, with anger, twisted ideas, they can never be satisfied. So, it causes them to not want to get tangled in that web. Who culd blame them? ( I FEEL MANY ARE ALREADY CAUGHT UP IN THAT NOVICE BEFORE THE RINGS ARE TAKEN OFF)Divorce, among Christians is very high.(IN DEFENSE OF CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE, IT'S NOT HIGHER THAN SECULAR) So some would rather not marry an unstable person. If one would show signs of imporvement, maybe. But, when no change comes, they just give up! (TRANSFORMATION AND CHANGE CAN ONLY COME FROM THE ONE CREATOR)

Yes, many do mnarry and end up in divorce, and the smart ones refuse to marry because they realize there is no use in trying to change someone. They are usually ones who have learned from their previous bad choices. So, it is usually the people who make terrible choices who get caught up in this!

As for the comment about them already being caught in that nivice before the rings are taken off, I didn't understand your thought there.

As for Christian marriages being a high rate, we are to know better! We are supposed to be Christs example to the world. But, as I have said so many times, people think just because someone says they are a Christian, say the right words, etc etc, they are safe! No way! The heart will reveal the hidden secrets before too long! So, you really may thing transformation has occured, but you must weigh very carefully the words of a person in everday situations. MT 10:26....Fear not therefore, for there is nothing covered that shall not be revealed:and hid, that shall not be known...Hence, my statement. You can only hide things so long, and then out is comes, and those who jump into relationships for example too fast, find they are in a pickle for sure, and have been bambooseled!

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jul, 2008 04:00 PM

Well I got lots of views but no one coming forth on their opinions. thank you guys anyway and may GOD bless all of you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jul, 2008 07:50 PM

I think a part of the fears of getting married could be the idea that the person you marry is suppose to be THE ONE Maybe we're not sure, afraid of the permanence, and the fact that divorce rates are sky-rocketing scares us. We want it to be uncomplicated, true, and real. Idk, just an idea.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jul, 2008 07:59 PM

Thank you so much, Joce for your input on the fears study and may GOD'S holy presence be with you.

I guess trust and commitment have been devalued in our society. But knowing that, there still are some successful marriages starting at a younger age. Yes, divorces are high but just in the last couple of years they have stablized or I should say the rate has. Would you consider a pre-engagement class and a pre-marital class? Or should I ask where would you get knowledge on how or what you want your marriage to be like?

spachurchgirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jul, 2008 03:50 PM

Some people are afraid of failure. Divorce seems to be all that you hear about now a days and it's not a secret that many people don't treat the institution of marriage as a sacred unity as the bible describes it to be. As far as pre engagement or pre maritial classes, I would definitely consider a class of this sort and I would definitely conduct my own study on marriage, etc. from the bible.

Page : 1 2 3