Author Thread: Why does a "christian" site have ads
Admin

Why does a "christian" site have ads
Posted : 2 Jan, 2010 11:20 AM

for "hot" females showing off their body-parts? What about this verse?

Revelation 3:16 (New International Version)

16So, because you are lukewarm�neither hot nor cold�I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

People. I don't judge because I don't wish to be judged harshly by God but all of us who do believe in the Word of God(including myself, I only write or say what I need to hear myself)need to choose one side or the other. There is no middle ground according to what has been revealed to me in His Word.

Let's talk about it.

1. Do we dress and act the same as the "world" so no one can tell we are followers of Christ?

2. Do we live like monks up on a mountain?

3. Neither is what the bible teaches, I believe anyway.

I believe it teaches us to live "in" the world and allow His Light to shine in us. But we are not to be "of" the "world" to people-please in hopes of someone being converted.

Ok, bring on the rotten eggs and tomaters, LOL!!!:waving:

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jan, 2010 07:51 PM

Hey nwcountry, you know I wondered the same thing about the ads too! Thanks for posting this.

1. Do we dress and act the same as the "world" so no one can tell we are followers of Christ?

- Well, I remember what I used to do before Christ in my life, and everything about me changed slowly, lilttle by little the way I dress and behave. Now I'm more careful with the words I allow to come out of my mouth. You know what I mean. We are taught from scripture to be the "salt" of the earth.

Matthew 5:13 says "You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men. 14. You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. - NASB

What I see in the world, not to sure I'm looking a "salt"? Sometimes the proclaimed "salt" looks like the world so nothing to tell the difference. That's where I think we all have got to take care in who we say we are, and that our behavior and appearance reflect that too. It doesn't happen for many right away, but it should be an evident result for a child of God and everybody should see change and the difference.

2. Do we live like monks up on a mountain?

- I don't live like a monk, however I try to be the same me with people as I am alone with God. We are called to enjoy the fruits of the earth, but we are here in Christ to be different, and set apart from the rest which is exhibited by our lifestyle and behavior. As single Christians, one way through keeping our bodies as a living sacrifice (celibacy). As we are seperate, there is a special glow I feel that shows in us that is different, and people will see the difference if it's real.

I know I went around the world some, but I guess in all things commercial and spiritual, we have to look at scripture to examine our behavior and the things we participate in. Phillipians 1:10 says " so that you may approve the things that are excellent, in order to be sincere and blameless until the day of Christ..."

That's my offering. Thanks again!

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jan, 2010 09:01 AM

In agreement Graciemae:) When I cringe at a commercial on tv or see people dressed showing, well, lots, lol, I think they just don't know. Just like me when I didn't know what I was doing. I still am learning too and I'm bettin christians that are further along in their walk with christ probably cringe at some of the things I still do. But more and more, I am convicted which I believe is God's voice nudging me toward what He knows is best for me.

Have a great day and a very happy new year!! ysic, denise

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jan, 2010 01:58 PM

It depends on the ads.This is a free site and may notbe owned by a christian company.Ask about ownership.As for advertising it is free so they do have to get money to pay for it.Dennis

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jan, 2010 02:56 PM

Hello nwcountry:

I also noticed the ad showing "hot" females showing off their bodies. Never males.... only females. Seems a bit odd for a Christian site to allow that. Seems to me the advertiser could still advertise without using only pictures of "hot" females (or males).

As to your questions:

1. No, I don't think we should

2. A few are called to do this. Most of us are not.

3. I agree with you