Author Thread: Why do most so called christians stand against interacial relationships?
triggerfish

View Profile
History
Why do most so called christians stand against interacial relationships?
Posted : 22 Jun, 2008 11:59 AM

I can understand those who don't know Christ standing against mixed relationships, because they don't under stand that the love of Christ transends all. What i don't understand is how can you be a believer of the most high GOD and have a problem with mixed couples. We were all created in His image after his likeness, so we all belong together. Maybe it's just me but i know that my GOD loves everyone and he doesn't pick and choose. Neither will I. All comments welcome.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jun, 2008 12:24 PM

Hi. I have not found that to be true. The church I attend has lots of interacial couples. They are well received. I think that some people still need to get past their predjudices in many ways, not only interacial couples. It is a matter of the heart that only God can deal with. I am sorry if this has caused you pain and I pray the Lord will comfort your heart. I say this os much, but,. just because some calls theirselves a Christian does not mean they are walking in the light! "You will know them by their fruits"! God Bless!

atypical

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jun, 2008 03:35 PM

It isn't a racial thing but a culture one for me. The different races also have very particular cultures ie. E Indian being very pro-male. We have enough differences being male and female without adding cultural ones. I won't say I WOULDN'T go out with another race but I would be cautious about it.

spachurchgirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jul, 2008 05:26 PM

I do agree that many Christians seem to have a problem with interracial relationships, but I'm not one of them. I believe that people have different reasons for feeling the way that they do. I would definitely enter into an interracial relationship if the key components were there. First and foremost, a common hunger/thirst for God's Word and the fruit in one's life to back it up a relationship with Christ.

WomanofGod29

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2008 05:51 PM

Hi..Blessings...I've never had a problem with dating a man from other nationality or race. In my church we have over 20 different nationalities!:glow:. It is awesome!

I believe there are still people with that kind of mindset, maybe they have not grow in the Lord as mature Christians, who knows what would be the reason behind it. I just hope and pray that they get delivered! and freed!

God Bless, Julia

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jul, 2008 11:08 PM

My thoughts are ..racism generates hatred...

As a rule, a childs biggest role model are their parents or their carers...if the love at home is shown to be exclusive to only SOME people groups, then 9 times out of 10, the children will take those views on board..hence another generation veering off course...it's up to each and everyone of us who call ourselves Followers of Christ to line up our actions with the Word and let the Holy Spirit convict us, if indeed we have slipped away from the Truth and it's teachings...

I'm pretty sure most of humanity is of mixed heritage now...